Saturn uploaded by Krista c.

BY SATURN

• Yes. I agree! I owned one a long time ago, but it seeme...1 Answers
  • What problems have people who own a Saturn come across? 7 Answers
  • Is anybody's Tire Pressure light on even if the tires are...1 Answers
Saturn
  • "Although there have been two recall's on my saturn in the past year, my car has never had any major problems with it!" in 5 reviews
  • "My first car was a Saturn, in fact my family liked them so much my parents, sister, grandma and aunt all had Saturns." in 5 reviews
  • "I had a Saturn Ion for 9 years... it was a great car, and ran pretty well... over the years it was not as great, but what I really didn't like is that it took them almost 9 years to put out information on a major recall that lead to many accidents and some driver deaths!" in 5 reviews
June R.
I bought a Saturn Vue in 2006 and the car is still running strong. I handed it down to my teenage who loves it. I will say as long as you keep it maintanced it will do well and keep going strong. The car has well over 170,000 miles on it. When I first looked at them the sales man said they have people who are coming in for oil changes with mileage over 200,000. I really think they are great cars and were built really well. To bad they are no longer in production or I would have bought another one. I love my SATURN.
Brenda K.
I had a Saturn sl whatever as my first car. Saturn is the worst company to have a car from. Yes they last forever and get you form point a to b, but from what I have seen and heard is the vast amount of electrical issues. Mine had a million electrical issues from the locks not working to much more. All of these things randomly happening for no reason. It was very unreliable and he company pretty much gave up on customers after deciding to not make anymore cars. Blah.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
My first car was a Saturn Ion. My dad bought it for me from the dealership with about 25,000 miles on it. It was bright blue, and I loved it. It came with a warranty and it was always well maintained. At 50,000 miles, the transmission blew completely, and I only got about 1200$ for it at a trade in. Definitely will not buy another and I don't really recommend. The only good thing about it was  that most of it was plastic, so that there weren't many dings and dents.
Joanne H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
My mom had Saturn's for as long as I can remeber, until recently. I feel like the newer ones would crap out on her way sooner than her old ones did. This latest one was a situation where everything that could go wrong did and they stopped making parts to fix it. She traded it in after owning it for less than a year.
Mylasia F.
New Castle
I originally leased my 2008 Saturn Aura and when lease was over I was over in miles so decided to refinance it, back then i lived like 1 hour from everywhere or so and put lots of miles, now im much closer, but i have had very few issues besides having to do the usual car upkeep, oil changes tire rotate, etc though i must say the worse repairs are the front lights when they go out and i have to get them fixxed i go to my usual car repair place and its anywhere from $150-$200 i have changed both front lights twice now in the 7 years i have had this car, plus the license plat light, for a 7 year car i have low miles at just 54000 now that i live close to most places i go, I have had several new cars and this is the longest i have kept any of them, I will pay off my Aura next year and hope to keep it another 2 years, as long as it stays in good shape as it is now, If Saturn was still around they definitely would get my business again, and i would buy another Aura, or equivilant, of course new, Very reliable and good to me, my only issue, not that great in snow, but for a few pros- being the base model XE with cloth seats it has dual heated seats pwr driver, audio controls on steering wheel and was very affordable.
Amber W.
GULFPORT, MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I have owned my Saturn Vue for a year now and love it! I have had a few problems with it like the airbag sensor keeps making my check engine light come on. Overall it is an awesome suv.
Chasidy D.
Cleveland, OH
I had a love hate relationship with my ion. I loved it because it was cute and compact and usually got me to where I needed to go. It was surprisingly great in our icy snowy winters. BUT I hated it because it was truly a defective vehicle. The first month I got it it had bearings I didn't know were recalled in the tires that needed replaced after one tire went out on me while on the freeway. Scary. They had to be replaced yet again after that only a few years later. I also had an embarrassing moment when showing up late to an appointment trying to explain my car was in the parking lot and wouldn't turn off. The ignition cylinder had a recall apparently also and the car literally could not be turned off!!! I had to drive it straight to a mechanic garage. This car brought me nothing but bad luck.
Megan W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
For the price they make great cars. I have had one and would consider another one. Unfortunately I was in a wreck and it was a goner. Damn lady for hitting me :)
Katelin B.
Owingsville , Ky
We own a Saturn Outlook. At first it seemed like it was going to be an amazing family car. We have had nothing but problems. I got the bench seat in middle row and it's so hard to move forward and back to get to the third row seats. It's spacious if you don't have to have car seats but we do and it's difficult to arrange them to all fit properly. This will probably be our last Saturn
Kaila H.
Canal Wnchstr, OH
My husband had a Saturn and he loved it. I liked it, but it was really stiff. The seats were very uncomfortable. It wasn't a vehicle to take long trips in. However, it was GREAT on gas. I remember one time we literally asked each other when the last time was that we had to get gas for "this thing". Very fuel efficient, but not very comfy! You take some, you lose some.
Ashley C.
Worcester, MA
Are Saturns still produced?
Latisha R.
Merrillville, IN
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
What problems have people who own a Saturn come across?
Danielle S.
Amherst, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
The only complaint I've had was that when it came time to fix my Saturn I always had a hard time finding parts for it, they had to be ordered since Saturn dealerships no longer exist - has any one else run into this issue?
clare w.
Binghamton, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Does anyone have a problem with one or both tail lights bring very dim so it looks like it's blown?
Allison D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Yes. I agree! I owned one a long time ago, but it seemed that there were often specialty parts that did have to be ordered.