BY SATURDAY SKIN

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A refining peel gel that gently and visibly removes impurities and dullness with natural enzymes like papaya and bromelain. Solutions for: - Dullness and uneven texture - Uneven skin tone - Loss of firmness and elasticity If you want to know more… Refining Peel Gel works with natural enzymes and powerful peptides by allowing you to gently rub away impurities and soothe your skin at the same time. The gel helps to gently pick up impurities that dull the skin, and in result, skin will appear more refined, bright, and firm. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates "The key to Saturday Skin is the Cha-7 es Complex(TM), an exclusive peptide formula that promotes skin's natural regeneration process. Rooted in science and derived from natural ingredients, the cutting-edge complex increases collagen and elasticity while reducing melanin production for a flawless, stress-free complexion. The complete collection helps you hit pause on aging and embrace your bare beauty. Free of added color and fragrance, the no-fuss, effortless regimen balances and revitalizes all skin types, leaving you free to soak up your Saturdays and keep on glowing all week long." This product is cruelty-free.

Buy on Sephora
  • "Bummed. I really wanted to love this peel and at first I did. Using it was easy and it felt really nice using it on my face. This felt like a much more gentle physical exfoliator- so many can seem too rough for my sensitive skin. I also like how this doesn't have any overwhelming fragrance. Once I rinsed it off my skin initially felt very soft and clean but shortly after it left my skin feeling very dry and flaky. I found the culprit- denatured alcohol is one of the first ingredients. I am so bummed that they included that because otherwise the formula is amazing- lots of peptides! My skin just cannot handle the denatured alcohol- it leaves it feeling red, dry, and very flaky after using products that contain a significant amount of it. I have been impressed with other Saturday Skin products and I love how they are affordable and also use the airless jars for packaging their Featherweight Face Cream. This one is a no for me." in 44 reviews
Sarah S.
I had never heard of Saturday Skin prior to this VoxBox, and I can't begin to thank Influenster enough for the opportunity to review this for free!  To be honest, it has changed my skin!  I have some health concerns that lead to flare-ups on my face... add to that sensitive skin (chemical allergies) and there are days my face looks like a train wreck.  I checked the ingredients on Saturday Skin before I tried it, and figured I had nothing to lose... now I seriously have my go-to skin regime!

The Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel gel was an interesting product to use.  I've used micro-exfoliating products in the past and they've usually left my skin irritated or overly dry.  Not this one.  This did not irritate my sensitive skin and I felt like my skin was softer and definitely more radiant afterward.  I felt a bit of a peeled feeling under my fingers when I used it, but I'm not sure if that was the product or the dead skin/impurities being removed as I used the product.  Either way, that was just my curiosity and had nothing to do with the effectiveness of this product.  I only used it once a week, maybe twice once, but that's all that was really needed.  It made applying the moisturizer much easier and my products absorbed better into my skin.  Combine that with the other parts of their skincare regime and my skin has been changed for the better... thank you, Saturday Skin!
Rosie P.
Cleveland Hts, OH
Disclaimer: I received  for free in a Voxbox for testing purposes.
First, about my skin and peels- I have combination skin which isn't very sensitive to any acids or peels.
The Saturday skin Rub-a-Dub peel gel does have a grainy texture and as you rub, some pilling starts to form (from what I read this isn't really your skin cells but a reaction of the components to your natural oils- or something along those lines). It has a bit of an alcohol smell missed with very mild lemon/orangeish scent.
Like any other microdermabrasion/peel it leaves skin clean, smooth, soft and radiant the next day. As with any type of exfoliation you might experience some redness- so this would be a bad idea right before going out or putting make up on.
Following up with some essence/ampoule, serum and moisturizer is a good idea since it would allow better penetration of the product.
I would not use any other acids after this (unless you know your skin can handle it).
In comparison to other products- I'd be on the fence between using this and Dr. Brandt's pores no more microdermabrasion (I think that one is a bit better at minimizing pores); however I prefer the Sunday Skin to the regular Dr. Brandt's microdermabrasion (black packaging; strong lemony scent, is more abrasive). The Sunday skin is also a bit more gentle than either of the Dr. Brandt products. I've also tried Acure, Vasanti, Skin inc. and others I can't remember names of and I do prefer the Sunday skin one.
Keep in mind if you only like using chemical exfoliation this is not a product for you.
Caitlin L.
Tulsa, OK
I have been testing the Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel for about two weeks now. My skin is normal-to-dry with not a lot of textural issues or sensitivity.

I used it as directed-- after cleansing and when my skin was dry for a minute twice a week. It feels like it has some grit to it to help exfoliate your skin. It starts to ball up which I believe that it's supposed to be all of your dead skin cells, but I really think that it's just the product balling up. My skin did still feel smooth after using it and didn't feel tight or dried out. I also didn't experience any burning/stinging when I used it. I haven't experienced any breakouts after using it so my skin hasn't been sensitive to it.

There isn't anything on the ingredients list that is alarming to me.

I think this okay is an okay peel gel. I didn't hate this but I didn't love it. I do like this miles above any peel gel I've tried previously. The other one balled up and stuck to the peach fuzz on my face and I was unable to wash it out. This one you can rinse off after using.

Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase it after I use it up, and honestly don't know if I would recommend this to everyone. If you like these types of peel gels I would say get try it out. I have a preference for chemical exfoliation with lactic acid or glycolic acid. I feel like I have better exfoliation with those ingredients and it also helps with cell turnover and renewal, fine lines, and diminishing the look of pores.
I did receive this for free from Influenster to test and review.
yaya W.
Yorba Linda, CA
I received this product for free in an Influenster Vox Box in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
 My skin type is dry, sensitive. I have patches of eczema that are controlled around my mouth and suffer from hyperpigmentation.

My review - I was a fan of this chemical exfoliator. I use it twice a week in generous quantities over clean, dry (this is key!) skin. The smell is very faint, but if you have a sensitive nose then it might be a bother. You apply a generous amount of the product over cleansed and dried skin and pat the mask in. Once my face is coated I rub small circles until the product clumps together. Little piles of gunk will start to collect.

I have not yet determined if it is only the product or if it is the product + my exfoliated skin coming off. I will say that after rinsing my face, my skin is smoother, softer, and feels "cleaner."

I do not know if this is a product I would recommend purchasing unless you could get it on sale or as a sample. It is a nice peeling gel but the results I received from the Saturday Skin product do not warrant the hefty price tag. YYMV with use.

Pros: very cute packaging, non-reactive to (my) sensitive skin, gentle
Cons: price tag, results are temporary
Rachel D.
Scottsdale, AZ
This peel arrived at a great time, I was using a lot of products to get a breakout under control and needed something that would exfoliate gently. I am used to using Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel (amazing, highly recommend) but just ran out. The Saturday Skin Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel did a good job, but not as good as peter thomas roth. Pros: gentle, did not make my sensitive skin red and inflamed. Cons: did not work as well as I’m used to but I’m sure if you used it repeatedly it would deliver results! Disclaimer: I received this product for free through the VoxBox campaign, but it did not affect my positive review :) :) :)

Edit: for those of you asking, I normally use:

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily PeelDr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel - Extra Strength Formula (For Normal / Less Sensitive Skin; Jar) - 30 Treatments Perricone Md Blue Plasma Gentle Daily Peel 2 Oz 59 Ml Perricone MD Blue Plasma Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Full Strength 2Oz Boscia Charcoal Deep Pore Exfoliating Peel Gel Dr. Brandt® Laser a Peel SystemDr. Dennis Gross Skincare Peel Vault

Update #2: I’ve been using this consistently for 3 weeks now (2-3x a week) and let me just say. Wow. I’m impressed. It’s on point with my holy grail Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel. Not quite as strong but better for me to use when my skin is extra sensitive due to sun/breakout/etc. love it!!!

Edit #3: stocking up at Sephora! I love it!!! Sephora: keep this gem long term please please please! Thank you, Influenster for helping me discover this amazing product that looks so adorable on my vanity!!!
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA

I have never used a peel gel before I was sent this one so I was a little weary after researching what it was. I was amazed by this product though. It is so gentle, it didn't leave my skin red at all. I'm not sure how it works but the texture of my skin seemed to improve greatly. My face looked brighter after using this gel. It also smells really good. Its a mild and sweet scent.

I feel like this peel gel did an amazing job at exfoliating my skin. Because of my oily/combination skin I have been using it twice a week. I use it following the  Saturday Skin Rise + Shine Gentle Cleanser and used the  Saturday Skin Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream afterwards.

I think for the price the tube could be a little bit bigger, but the product is really high quality and has noticeable effects.
Lindsay L.
Murfreesboro, TN
I received this product for free from influenster in exchange for my honest opinion. This stuff is amazing! I've tried plenty of scrubs and masks but this is my first peel. The consistency is similar to a moisturizer and smells sweet, not chemical at all. As soon as you start massaging it into your face you can feel the dead skin pilling under your fingers. My face was so soft and refreshed after the first use. I had zero irritation from the product but it did cause some redness which went away by morning. If you use this more often than 1-2 times a week it may cause some irritation. I've used this 3 times since receiving it and my skin is baby soft, my blackheads have dramatically decreased, and my complexion is slowly but surely evening out. I would highly recommend this peel gel and I intend to continue using this as part of my regular skincare routine.
Valerie R.
Prunedale , CA
If you're like me you probably dread any exfoliates. The feel of harsh tiny beads scraping your face and it feels like they're doing more harm than good but the hunt is over. It has little beads in it that when applied to your face, there isn't any harsh feeling to this when rubbing it on your face. I could feel the gentle skin peel coating my face and when I washed it off I can see that it did take off a lot of my dead skin cells. It left my skin feeling so smooth If you're like me you probably dread any exfoliates. The feel of harsh
tiny beads scraping your face and it feels like they're doing more harm
than good but the hunt is over. It has little beads in it that when
applied to your face, there isn't any harsh feeling to this when rubbing
it on your face. I could feel the gentle skin peel coating my face and
when I washed it off I can see that it did take off a lot of my dead
skin cells. It left my skin feeling so smooth and super soft! This
product is my new ride or die! I received this product complimentary
from Influenster for testing purposes and gave my honest review!and super soft! This product is my new ride or die! I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes and gave my honest review!
Marisol P.
Hayward, CA
This is not a face peel/mask! I repeat this is not a face peel or a mask as I assumed it to be. When I read peel gel I thought it was a product I would be peeling off, but in reality this product peels off dead skin and impurities. It's so weird but as you rub in the product it begins to clump up all the dead skin from your face. It reminded me of small balls of lint. It's weird, but definitely an experience. Towards the end, before I washed it all off, it did begin to sting a bit like a slight burning sensation.
I received this item complimentary from Influenster, in exchange for my honest review and opinion.
Candice R.
This has become my favorite 'rubbing' peel. I have tried over a dozen and it takes the cake for effectiveness and gentleness. I love that the exfoliating beads dissolve pretty quickly so it doesn't leave your skin over exfoliated. My skin feels soft and ready for makeup after I use it. It says to only use a couple times a week but I personally think it's gentle enough to use more often. You only need a tiny bit so it will last a long time and it's only $26 (cheap for Sephora standards)! Thank you Influenster for introducing me to this wonderful brand! Saturday Skin Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel
Hillarie O.
Van Buren, AR
Was this painful??? And Does anyone use the whole product line?? I have a Skincare regimen I am about to start using but I am always down to learn more and do better for my skin
Malisha K.
What benefits will this product gives??
Clair B.
Elgin, TX
Felecia R.
Mchenry, IL
Where can I get this ? And how much it it ?
chauntel b.