Sassy Teething Feeder uploaded by Kimberly S.

BY SASSY

This is a great way to give baby whole, fresh, age appropriate foods while reducing the risk of choking.  Water filled area in handle keeps food cool longer. Size allows child to hold and self-feed.  Mesh bag allows child to safely discover whole foods.  Sap-on cover keeps food clean and ready to eat.  Assorted boy and girl colors. Inspire independence. Colors shipped will vary. see more...

Sassy Teething Feeder
  • "A great product to get fruit into young babes with less of choking hazard and also great to use frozen fruit to aid in teething." in 15 reviews
  • "My daughter loved sucking bananas through these things, but its nearly impossible to get all the mess out of them." in 11 reviews
  • "This product Is a night mare to clean, and an awful mess when baby is actually using it too, but with that being said my son loved them with a banana or strawberry and helped with teething " in 8 reviews
  • "This is a great way to let your baby feed himself fresh fruit but it is not worth the effort to clean the netting, especially for bananas." in 7 reviews
  • "its a great way to give your teething baby fresh fruits but i agree with the others its hard to wash and when you store it you have to make sure it is completely dry. " in 6 reviews
Tarah W.
Bothell, WA
I loved the idea of these feeders, but in reality that left something to be desired. They created a huge mess and the mesh is very difficult to clean. We used them once or twice then gave up, finding them to be more trouble than they were worth. With an active toddler around, there isn't a lot of time to be messing with that kind of clean-up. We found alternate ways to give our baby and toddler whole foods.
Amber K.
Saint Paul, MN
I was so excited when I first found these feeders. The idea of being able to insert a food and allow my son to go to town with something he otherwise wouldn't be able to eat was great! And they work great. My issue was when it came to cleaning- not being able to remove the mesh bag made me feel like they were never truly "clean." I felt like no matter how many times I soaked and scrubbed, there was still residue leftover from the previous feeding. I ended up tossing both packages I had after one use due to this:(
Breanne H.
Olathe, KS
I really wanted to give my baby fresh fruits and veggies but was nervous about her choking. The mesh feeder made it soooo much easier and virtually no mess. When she was teething, a few pieces of honeydew melon made all of her pain and frustration go away. The Sassy mesh feeder is the best because it unscrews from the top and is easy to re-load even when it's all slimy.
Alison F.
Salem, OR
We used this and after the FIRST use it was disgusting. Almost impossible to clean and we ended up throwing it away and opting for the cheaper store brand since it was a better product in my opinion. It smelled awful and no matter how much scrubbing I did or how many trips through the dishwasher, pieces of food would NOT come out nor would the smell.
Jenn D.
My favorite thing to put in here was watermelon!! These are great though, especially for teething. Of course, if you let fruit sit in there for days before cleaning, it will get stuck and moldy--but common sense would be to rinse and wash these immediately after use! There's no reason not to! :) As long as we did that, they worked fine.
Erica R.
Midlothian, VA
My little girl is 7 months old. She hates picking up her food in pieces, hates purees...but she LOVES these feeders. She will eat anything and everything in here. I love them because I don't worry about her choking, she is happy using them, and I can put all kinds of foods in here. We have also used frozen banana pieces in these to help with teething. We have a few of these and love that we can buy more bags without having to completely replace the feeder.
Marlie S.
These feeders were so helpful when teething began! My little one wanted to constantly chew, but the traditional teethers seemed to be too difficult for her to chew. I would fill these up with "milk cubes" (made from my breastmilk) and let her have at it! Now, we do both milk cubes and ice cubes, and I think they've been a big help.
Christina F.
Litchfield, MN
I love the idea of this product, however, I only used mine a few times, and then threw it away! :/ I would put it in the dishwasher, and then would still have to try and clean it by hand, and to get all the food out, it took forever! I don't recommend these to anyone, unless you want to waste your time trying to clean it!
Kelly K.
Fuquay Varina, NC
I loved this for my second child. Was great to put in fresh fruit and let her teethe with frozen fruit in it. However, the mesh could end up with all kinds of left over fruit, veggies, etc. Took lots of time to clean out the food and then still to sanitize it. Spent more time cleaning it than anything.
Misty M.
Center City, MN
I had these for my now 9yr old when she was a baby and it was a life saver so I went on the quest again to find these when I had teething twins and again they were a life saver. Some nice cool watermelon or other cold fruit/veggie without the choking hazard. So much better then those freezable gel toys!
Janie L.
Abbeville, SC
What is your favorite food to use in this teething feeder for your little one?
Jessica M.
Wesley Chapel, FL
Is this truly worth the money?
Jeannie N.
What do you usually put in here?
Brianne L.
North Bay, Ontario
How do you clean these?! I filled them with frozen banana's and blueberries and have chunks stuck in the mesh.
Abileny S.
At what age is it safe to use these on your baby? My baby is 3months & he is already getting fusy wanting to put everything in his mouth & I'm guessing it's that he is starting to teeth