Sargento® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese uploaded by Dana R.Sargento® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese uploaded by Joanna A.

BY SARGENTO #88 in Cheese

For this smooth and creamy blend, we combine Queso Quesadilla, Asadero, Queso Gallego, Anejo Enchilado and Manchego cheeses. It’s perfect baked into enchiladas or sprinkled on carne asada tacos.

Ingredients

Queso Quesadilla Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Asadero Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (Vegetable Color)], Queso Gallego Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (Vegetable Color)], Manchego Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Anejo Enchilado Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Paprika (Color), Enzymes], Potato Starch and Powdered Cellulose (To Prevent Caking), Natamycin (A Natural Mold Inhibitor).

• What's your favorite recipe to make with this?4 Answers
Deena S.
Indianapolis
I buy this cheese often.  I can usually find it on sale at my local grocery store, so the price is usually pretty good.  I do prefer other brands to this though.  The flavor is good, but one problem I have found with some of the Sargento cheeses is that they seem almost too dry.  Other brands of cheese seem to be a little more moist.  Depending on how it is used, it may not be an issue, but when used for certain things it is really noticeable.
Carly S.
Indianapolis, IN
I love Sargento cheese all across the board! Their cheese tastes so fresh and pure and I can always count on them to have the perfect amount of sodium in their string cheese. Honestly the only packaged cheese brand I purchase!
Joanna R.
Arverne
I'm not a fan of cheeses overall, but this cheese is great. The flavor is not strong, yet you can still taste it when incorporated in your meal. I put it on many meals, not only on Mexican ones. You can buy it at any supermarket and often is on sale. Definitively a repeat buy in my house.
Alissa V.
Tucson, AZ
Our go to cheese for taco Tuesday. This cheese is middle of the road when it comes to price, but the quality is worth it. I usually get ours at the local frys, and I’d recommend it for anyone’s taco night.
Marie G.
Binghamton, NY
This is a great product.  I feel Sargento makes the highest quality shredded cheeses I can purchase at the grocery store.  They come in so many varieties and they are so versatile, we always have several different kinds on hand.  This Mexican blend is great for tacos, burritos, really any Latin dish we are making.  It is also great to add to your eggs in the morning.
Heather S.
Love this brand. Freshest packaged cheese 🧀 Always has great deals at my local grocer. Although I do but other brands, if there’s a special or I have a coupon, I purchase this brand. It’s a bit expensive, but the quality is GREAT!! SARGENTO Sargento Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese 8 oz
Sabrina M.
State College
This is our go-to for shredded cheese on taco rice, tacos, fajitas, and all sorts of dishes that just need a bit of quality cheese to top them off. It's a little more expensive than the other brands of shredded cheese, but you're paying more for quality and the brand name. They also often have coupons at the grocery stores that will bring the price down to the normal prices.
Rosalind P.
Plano
I love to use this cheese to make homemade nachos. I used to make my nachos with just plain cheddar cheese but this mixture makes the nachos extra special. You can always find Sargento on sale which makes it a good value. I buy it at Tom Thumb or Krogers and you can get usually two packages for around $6. And that's a good price, for really good cheese.
Barbara L.
Wesley Chapel, FL
This cheese is delicious and very versatile.  I usually use it in tacos or to make Mexican cheese dip, and it tastes very close to the authentic Mexican restaurant.  It is a good blend of cheeses, and take the guesswork out of figuring it which cheeses to include in a Mexican dish.  I would definitely purchase this cheese again.
Stephanie O.
Milford, NH
This cheese is perfect for tacos, taco dip, nachos, or anything else that involves shredded Mexican cheese! My fiancé and I buy this anytime we find ourselves needing Mexican cheese!
Magda D.
Pawtucket , RI
What's your favorite recipe to make with this?