Sargento® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese uploaded by Joanna A.

BY SARGENTO

For this smooth and creamy blend, we combine Queso Quesadilla, Asadero, Queso Gallego, Anejo Enchilado and Manchego cheeses. It’s perfect baked into enchiladas or sprinkled on carne asada tacos.

Ingredients

Queso Quesadilla Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Asadero Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (Vegetable Color)], Queso Gallego Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (Vegetable Color)], Manchego Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Anejo Enchilado Cheese [Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Paprika (Color), Enzymes], Potato Starch and Powdered Cellulose (To Prevent Caking), Natamycin (A Natural Mold Inhibitor).

• What's your favorite recipe to make with this?3 Answers
Deena S.
Indianapolis
I buy this cheese often.  I can usually find it on sale at my local grocery store, so the price is usually pretty good.  I do prefer other brands to this though.  The flavor is good, but one problem I have found with some of the Sargento cheeses is that they seem almost too dry.  Other brands of cheese seem to be a little more moist.  Depending on how it is used, it may not be an issue, but when used for certain things it is really noticeable.
Carly S.
Indianapolis, IN
I love Sargento cheese all across the board! Their cheese tastes so fresh and pure and I can always count on them to have the perfect amount of sodium in their string cheese. Honestly the only packaged cheese brand I purchase!
Marie G.
Binghamton, NY
This is a great product.  I feel Sargento makes the highest quality shredded cheeses I can purchase at the grocery store.  They come in so many varieties and they are so versatile, we always have several different kinds on hand.  This Mexican blend is great for tacos, burritos, really any Latin dish we are making.  It is also great to add to your eggs in the morning.
Heather S.
Love this brand. Freshest packaged cheese 🧀 Always has great deals at my local grocer. Although I do but other brands, if there’s a special or I have a coupon, I purchase this brand. It’s a bit expensive, but the quality is GREAT!! SARGENTO Sargento Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese 8 oz
Sabrina M.
State College
This is our go-to for shredded cheese on taco rice, tacos, fajitas, and all sorts of dishes that just need a bit of quality cheese to top them off. It's a little more expensive than the other brands of shredded cheese, but you're paying more for quality and the brand name. They also often have coupons at the grocery stores that will bring the price down to the normal prices.
Rosalind P.
Plano
I love to use this cheese to make homemade nachos. I used to make my nachos with just plain cheddar cheese but this mixture makes the nachos extra special. You can always find Sargento on sale which makes it a good value. I buy it at Tom Thumb or Krogers and you can get usually two packages for around $6. And that's a good price, for really good cheese.
Barbara L.
Wesley Chapel, FL
This cheese is delicious and very versatile.  I usually use it in tacos or to make Mexican cheese dip, and it tastes very close to the authentic Mexican restaurant.  It is a good blend of cheeses, and take the guesswork out of figuring it which cheeses to include in a Mexican dish.  I would definitely purchase this cheese again.
Sarah O.
Bradley Beach, NJ
This is a big favorite brand in my house. My boyfriend usually buys it when we're out food shopping because he likes to put it on top of pretty much everything he makes when he wants to sprinkle some on top and melt some cheese. I like to also put it on top of my salads so it's good cold it's good hot melted it's delicious it's a really good
Alyssa R.
San Diego, CA
We use this cheese for so many things. We use it for cooking, on top of food, and in food. It is tasty and easy to find at grocery stores. We like this cheese better than a lot of other that we have tried. It is full of flavor and always tastes fresh. If you are looking for a great cheese pick this one!
Nora N.
Louisville , KY
This is very yummy! We use it a lot on casseroles in my house. I love the convenience of pre-shredded cheese. It also adds just a little bit of zazz to veggie dishes, so that my family is more inclined to enjoy them.
Magda D.
Pawtucket , RI
What's your favorite recipe to make with this?