Sapporo Premium Black

by Sapporo

Made with careful attention to quality, and crafted from select barley and hops, Sapporo Premium Black is emblematic of our pioneering spirit and a product of a passion for craftsmanship that goes back 140 years.

Our first dark beer is bold and flavorful, yet smooth and crisp in the classic Sapporo fashion. Sapporo Premium Black is crafted with roasted dark malts and a refined hop bitterness that is complemented by a sweet, round fullness and distinct coffee and chocolate flavors.

Sapporo Premium Black is well-suited for pairing with a variety of hearty and spicy dishes from around the world, including traditional German, Asian, Cajun and Latin cuisines and crème brûlée. Or it can stand on its own for those who appreciate a bold, robust-flavored beer.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Sapporo Premium Black!
How would you rate this product?
2 years agoMentor
A dark and smooth beer! Decent price compared to other specialty beers! My main complaint is that it is a little hard to find and only one store in my area carries it. Definitely has aa very strong flavor. I would absolutely buy this whenever possible!
2 years agoGarden Grove, CA
I'm in love with the bold, dark rich flavor of this beer. I'm a fan of stout so this beer is totatlly up my alley. The flavor is smooth, rich and has distinct notes of coffee, caramel, and chocolate flavor. It also pairs well with spicy foods i've found. This beer is my secret pleasure.
2 years ago
It's okay not thebbway I've had better I don't know what I would compare it to but I didn't like the taste at all. I was disappointed and not pleased with it . Like I said I don't know how it compares but I'm not satisfied with it much . It was just okay
10 months agoHouston, TX
I am not a big fan of dark beers, but Sapporo isn't like most in the category. Affordably priced for an international beer, Sapporo is a gem from Japan that is perfect for many situations. It's not exceedingly bitter, making it a wonderful addition to a meal with sushi or other Asian cuisine.
a year agoMiami
Es una cerveza fuerte. Pero muy buena. Es económica. Accesible para todos. De buen precio. Y vale la pena tomarla. La recomiendo a todos. Es fabulosa siempre que salgo la pido. es muy buena para tomar con Sake. Si vas a un restaurante japonés. Debes pedirla
2 years ago
This dark beer has a great flavor and is made with slightly darker hops than brown beer! It is full of a savory flavor and will get you the buzz you desire. The consistency is slightly thinker than your regular beer.
2 years agoFairfax, VA
This actually doesn’t taste as dark as it looks. It’s not a Guinness - thickness at all. A little more than the regular Sapporo but still pretty good! More of a crisp taste. I might try it again.
10 months agoBloomsburg, PA
I’m not a fan of black beer often, but when in Japan in Disney, you have to drink what they have on tap! It wasn’t too bad for a first try, and would try again but wouldn’t be a go to for me if there’s better stuff on tap.
2 years ago
In a black and tan this is very Krys very soothing very smooth. And a rattlesnake or a snake bite which is a angry orchard or Apple type of beer which is later also and this combined half-and-half is very good I will try to find a picture to post up I had this in South Carolina once at a bar somebody made one for me to try because I had never had a Black and Tan. Very good beer but not a very big fan of darks the way that I had consumed this and drink this was and a half dark beer and a hash light beer either called a rattlesnake bite or a snakebite you should give it a shot at least once I’m not a very big fan. I’m not a very big beer connoisseur but I do like to give things at least a shot once. :) try it. But try a Black and Tan or a snake bite. 1/2 and 1/2 :)
a year agoRochester
This beer is so good,  you have to try it.  I love Sapporo and it's very good for every occasion.  It is not just good for parties but also strong.