BY SAPPORO #14 in Beer

The original. The icon. Sapporo Premium Beer is a refreshing lager with a crisp, refined flavor and a clean finish. The perfect beer to pair with any meal and any occasion. Kampai!

Lisa J.
I am really turning into a craft beer connoisseur. I'm starting to learn the process of how beer is made and what to look for as far as quality goes. By no means do I claim to be an expert, will get that right off the bat.

I had a chance to try the Sapporo premium beer when I went for sushi with some friends. There are goods and bads.

We'll start with the goods. When one eats sushi, the Wasabi they put on it, for those who don't know it's Japanese horseradish, is so strong and spicy, a nice cold beer to wash it down with is a must. This beer, when served cold, is not too bad. It doesn't leave that much of an aftertaste if you chase it with a cup of hot sake. The sake i Sapporo Premium Beer pretty much rounds everything out.

If you drink the Sapporo premium beer at room temperature, which is what I was told is customary in Japan, it tastes like, well a word that starts with S and ends with T Awful, just awful.

Apparently drinking this particular beer while having sushi is somewhat of an unwritten tradition, so with that said it was okay. The aftertaste is horrible, as a matter of fact the taste itself is horrible. the best description I can give is that it tastes like it was made with very stale ingredients that someone found around a farm after a 30-year zombie apocalypse. Would I recommend it? Absolutely not.
Samantha B.
Austin, TX
Love love love this beer! It is my favorite beer. I actually lived in japan and visited the Sapporo factory in Sapporo, and it was amazing. I love the different notes in this beer - it’s not too fruity although you get a hint of something fruity, and it’s not too hoppy. It’s a really palatable beer that you could just relax with all the time. Not too dark, not too pale. I think it’s a perfect beer.
Michelle V.
New York
I never would have guessed this would be so good. Definitely not a beer that I would typically try... It was actually recommended to me at a sushi restaurant and WOW!! It has quickly become one of my faves. My only complaint is that it's not as widely available as I want it to be.
Melissa M.
Alvin, TX
I’ve only had Sapporo a few times when Ove been out for sushi. But it’s a pretty yummy beer. It’s light and has its own distinct flavor. Bottles are nice and I think trying a Japanese beer while eating Japanese food is something every beer drinker should try at least once!
sarai H.
Philadelphia, PA
I am not a fan of beer but if I had to choose to drink one, this would be it. The can is made of steel and it’s very nice and smooth. The taste of the beer isn’t too strong for me and it goes down easily. My uncle calls this his «bougie » beer lol
Michele H.
Ponte Vedra Beach
Delicious light, crisp beer. I typically order this with sushi or at a Japanese restaurant because it goes so well with the cuisine. Have enjoyed it for years. Highly recommend to anyone who likes light beers.Sapporo Premium Beer
Regina P.
Los Angeles, CA
This is my favorite beer when I’m out having sushi with my husband or my bestie!!! It pairs so well with saki and tuna sushi or sashimi!!! I like to start with a large one to share with the table. It also goes well with Korean bbq too!!!
Zachary D.
Huntsville, AL
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
There are tons of beers out there, but this one is a go-to for me. Great light flavor, while still having a full taste profile. Perfect with seafood or a steak. Can’t go wrong with this beer! Plus the serving sizes are huge!
Vanessa Q.
Lemon Grove, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This beer reminds me of college and having it on tap at our local Thai restaurant on campus that had a large beer tower of this for so cheap. It was the best place for college students or a group of my friends and I to go out after an exam and drink some cheap beer in the middle of the day at noon. This beer brings back nostalgia and it's not that bad tasting either. It's not in my top favorites but I wouldn't give it bad numbers for the taste.
Jully H.
Vly Cottage, NY
It’s a very light beer they usually have them on tap at sushi restaurants and for a really good price. 36oz for only 6.50 is great. Very light beer low abv but it’s a good beer I’m sure others would agree with me on that.
Bear H.
Arlington, TX
Where do you usually get this beer?
karina justin r.
maracaibo edo zulia venezuela
Where do you usually get this beer?
🖤 Alice 🦇 G.