BY NETFLIX

Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant star in this Netflix-original series as married realtors, Sheila and Joel, who are living a quiet life, raising their teenage daughter in Santa Clarita, Calif. Their world unexpectedly changes when Sheila goes through a dramatic transformation that sends her down a road of death and destruction -- but leaves her looking and feeling better than ever. Barrymore and Olyphant also serve as executive producers, alongside showrunner and creator Victor Fresco ("Better Off Ted").

Berlynn Y.
Denison, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The chemistry of this show is unreal. Every character plays their part perfectly and the interactions are hilarious. The writing and comedy style are very catchy and it's laugh out loud funny most times. I think the zombie trend is outdated and never liked anything in the genre but this story is actually interesting as you find out exactly what happened to make her undead, and you get to follow along as they try to learn how, if possible, to reverse it. The plot is well thought out and it doesn't leave any holes between seasons but instead leaves build ups to future plots and excellent cliffhangers. I've watched the whole show three times now, except for when I'm eating....sometimes it can get messy...but the premise still isn't old. The language is intense though so beware if you're easily offended by "bad" words, this is absolutely not your show. If you're easy going, it adds humor and is hilarious.
Kara D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The story line was off-putting, but somehow I ended up watching this show once the second season came to Netlfix and I am SO glad I did because this is such a good show.

Every actor in this series is wonderful. I finished both the first and second seasons within days. Although it has some vulgar images and language, I would highly recommend this show to others. There is some blood, but the humor really makes it not scary/gross to see.

Definitely one of my favorite shows and I'm eagerly awaiting the third season. I found myself re-watching the seasons a second time, as I had to share this show with my mother. It will having your stomach hurting from laughing so much.

10/10 recommend!
Megan G.
This show is seriously amazing. I love shows that have unique storylines and boy this one does. Going into this show I was not really expecting anything. I kinda just clicked on it because I had nothing else to watch and I’m really glad I did. It’s not only funny but it’s a more modern take on Drew Barrymore’s character turning into a zombie which I love. Also, oddly enough it is just as much a love story between the two main characters. Focusing on how far you would go for your spouse and family. Definitely a must watch.
Tanaya M.
Love this show! Drew Barrymore is absolutely hilarious in it and has some seriously funny facial expressions too. It’s a mix of witty, smart, sassy, funny and loving with a lot of focus on family despite the situation her character finds herself in. Definitely worth a watch.
Sydney T.
Hazlemere, High wycombe
Love this! It’s so interesting and unlike anything I’ve watched before! It’s funny and I really enjoy the actors I feel like they are perfect for the show. I feel like the acting is a little cliche but that’s not a problem at all!
Chelsie L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I’m not sure why I’ve read so many reviews about this show being bad. It’s actually somewhat original for what it’s about. The storyline is pretty darn good, it gets a little crazy & unbelievable. But come on, it’s about the woman turning into a zombie. Drew Barrymoore is hilarious, her & Timothy Olyphant have such great chemistry. The girl who plays the daughter is amazing. The whole show is super witty & pretty fast paced. The newest season just came up on Netflix, finished it. SO GOOD. I cannot get over this show, I went back & watched the entire first season before starting the second. It is a little weird & I wouldn’t recommend eating while watching if you have a sensitive stomach, but otherwise, it really is an awesome show. Extremely clever & honestly just a new feel then anything you’d see on TV. I genuinely enjoyed this show, very smart writing, lots of little twists that’ll have you goin “oh my Gosh!” & honestly, the potty-mouthedness just makes it that much better! Go ahead & do yourselves a favor & pop over to Netflix & check it out. AMAZING.
Eden S.
Super funny. Has over the top gore moments but they are so dramatic that they are not hard to watch. Season 2 has all new twists that keep it fresh.
Devonne S.
Austin, TX
I love this show it's funny non stop. But don't watch if you freak out about blood and guts.. duper funny i hope there's is a season two fingers crossed!
Kara O.
Royal Plm Bch, FL
OMG! Great Netflix show. Starring Drew Barrymore this flick is hysterical! Great to watch when the kids go to bed! A must see
Steven S.
Staff
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I like this show. I had no expectations going into it, but I found it to be quite innovative and funny. Whenever I watch this show, however, I have dreams about bloody encounters. Good show otherwise!
Kyla C.
S Yarmouth, MA
What are your thoughts on this series?