Add a Photo

#39 in Soda & Carbonated Drinks
Photos (15)
Angela N.
Angela N.

San Pellegrino is indeed a legendary mineral water, available from the same natural source for over 600 years. It has been commercially bottled and exported since 1899. The water is mineralized by contact with limestone and volcanic rocks far below the surface of the earth, and is accessible from three springs where it comes in further contact with dolomite, forming a mineral water basin. As others have pointed out, the water is naturally carbonated (a rare thing in itself) and additional carbonation is added by the San Pellegrino bottlers. Carbonated mineral waters have been valued historically as curatives for disease and for restorative qualities. Whether or not they really have such qualities, there is no doubt that the purity of water is of concern. In that respect, San Pellegrino is without a doubt one of the purest waters on the planet.
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.

I drink a lot of Perrier because my dad prefers it. I actually prefer San Pellegrino, but the reason I still drink more Perrier is because it is more convenient. The San Pellegrino comes in a large, glass bottle. One, I usually cannot finish that much water is one sitting, which means it will probably go flat before I finish it. That's not good when you're wanting to drink sparkling water. Two, glass can obviously break, so it's not something I would grab to drink on the go. I believe that San Pellegrino is not available in plastic bottles and it's probably the same, but for some reason, I don't enjoy it as much as it coming out of glass. Perhaps the glass makes it feel fancier or maybe I'm already used to Perrier in the plastic bottles.
jackie l.
jackie l.

This is also one of a really good carbonated water, my first choice would be Perrier, but this is a good brand too! if you like really carbonated water then Perrier is better, this one is less carbonated. once you open this, all the gas is released and so it's not that carbonated and you have to drink it all right away or else it goes flat later. this one has a bit of a stronger smell and i know, you might think I'm a bit crazy, cause water doesn't smell like anything, but there is some sort of smell to it and it's pretty strong..it's not super uncomfortable or anything, but this brand taste better with fresh lemon slice in it.
Alaine W.
Alaine W.

I've never been into soda and I don't like to drink too much juice. I love water. But sometimes I want a little fizz in my drink. Enter the Pellegrino! I like this sparkling water more than most because it's a little "softer" for lack of a better word. It doesn't burn my throat so much going down. I buy the glass bottles at Costco and this is what's coming to the beach with me! I used to sneak beer in, although it's not actually allowed on any local beaches. But in my old age (41, ha ha ha), I would rather drink water and not have to go to the sketchy public bathrooms more than necessary.
Pasang S.
Pasang S.
Charlotte , NC

We absolutely like this mineral water and the price with subscribe and save beats Costco's for big bottles San Pellegrino and small bottles Perrier. Now the only problem is that I feel sorry for the UPS driver bringing 2 cases packed in a single box.
I seldomly drink this water, I prefer tap filtered water, however we find it to complement food very well, probably better then Perrier. It does have a bit of a mineral taste, so if you're not used to that you may not like it. That mineral taste however makes the mineral water special and preferred by some over the ordinary water.
laxmipriya k.
laxmipriya k.
Oak Park, CA

In a world full of artificial sweeteners and energy drinks, San Pellegrino is so fresh and a guilt free drink to enjoy. I would give this item a five star review but I would contend that it is a bit overpriced. At the Grocery, I can get a one liter bottle for 1.99 so I would hope Amazon will come out with a larger size. In addition, because of the dangers associated with plastic, I would love if they offered a glass option. That being said, my Pellegrino arrived safely and right at my door and the bottles were convenient to pack on the go and fit in the fridge.
Danielle L.
Danielle L.
Hawthorne, CA

I like using this water to make squash, cordials and mocktails a little more exciting but I find it far too bubbly to just drink on its own as regular water.

This was the water alternative available in the office I used to work in, alongside a water fountain and from the fridge with a splash of orange juice it was a really good pick me up during a busy afternoon.

However, it is super expensive for such a simple product and there are very similar products available for a much smaller price tag.
Carla G.
Carla G.

LOVE my mineral water! SP usually has great deals to make the higher cost for "water" more affordable. I have digestive issues and find that for whatever reason this water is always a calming/helpful tool. I love adding some citrus like a slice of lime, lemon, or grapefruit in the summer too. I can't speak to the full affects of the mineral content but I'm a deficient person of many and seem to crave certain items and this is one and it does seem to curb that slightly. I say try some!
Audrey F.
Audrey F.

LOVE THIS WATER!!!!

I USE THIS WATER FOR A VARIETY OF THINGS... 1. When I'm dieting. I chill a bottle of Pellegrino and pour it in a pitcher and add cucumbers and limes.
2. When feeling nausea, I drink a bottle of Pellegrino. It has mineral that helps to restore my health.
3. After rinsing off my raw meat, I pour about a half of bottle over my meat prior to cooking it and let is soak for a few minutes. it removes everything that wasn't remove when rinsing.

I LOVE THIS WATER!!!
Jamie M.
Jamie M.
Amesbury, MA

I was always someone who refused to drink sparkling water until I visited a friend who only had Pellegrino or tap water. I gave in and tried it and after a few sips, I was hooked. It's by far my favorite sparkling water; add an orange slice and it's heaven in a glass. I tried Pellegrino 11 years ago and ever since then, I make sure to have at least 2 bottles in the house at all times. If you haven't tried a sparkling water yet, go for the best and try Pellegrino!
Kayla O.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR

Is it worth buying?
Gris M.
Gris M.
Palatine, IL

Is this used as like replacement of pop for people who are trying to quit pop?
Alicia L.
Alicia L.
Charlottesville, VA

Does sparkling water taste like soda with no flavor?
Laura C.
Laura C.
Columbus, OH

Who really buys this?
Kaylynn R.
Kaylynn R.
Cridersville, OH

Did this upset anyone else's stomach?

Join Now