BY SAMSUNG #95 in Smartphones

Dianna L.
Elkton, MD
I sell electronics for a living, so I get to play/test lots of smartphones including the Samsung Stratosphere and the Stratosphere II. I judge a phone's reliability based on how many unhappy customers I have coming back to my store with complaints. The Stratospheres seem to be a mixed bag- some people have good luck, while others are constantly having to send their Stratosphere in for repair.

The specs for the Stratosphere 1 & 2 are quite watered down and really can't compete with the nicer smartphones available. I feel like Samsung only released this phone just for the sake of having a keyboard phone in their line.

If you MUST have a phone with a physical keyboard- totally go for the Stratosphere as it is probably one of your best options. If you can live without the keyboard, get yourself a GS3.
Ann D.
Dickinson, TX
It was a decent phone and worked relatively well. There are better phones out there but it all depends on how much you want to spend and what features are most important to you.
Jewel H.
Akron, OH
I went through a period with this phone where it would say it was charging and it wasn't which drained down my phone . I also thought it was very bulky. I never got any of the updates for this phone that they had.
Jenessa L.
Valley Park, MO
The phone is great if you need a keyboard, which makes it a good texting phone. It doesn't compare to other slide phones like the LG Xenon in function and durability. It seems like the spring that gives you the slide action is pretty weak, and would need to be repaired if you dropped the phone even once. Everything seems pretty watered down; spring for a better phone.
Missy W.
Oakboro, NC
I got this phone because I wanted a keyboard. My husband had bought one a couple months before and seemed to like it. The bulk I could have dealt with if the quality of the phone was up to par. I miss many calls because my phone doesn't ring. I have to restart my phone every day and multiple times because it makes a loud static noise when I answer the phone. The network drops out entirely too often. Opening programs is slow. Honestly, the only thing I like about the phone IS the keyboard - but just having a keyboard isn't worth the $300+ I paid for this phone.
Philip R.
North Arlington
I have had this Samsung for a few months and it keeps on giving me problems and its extremely annoying
Ashley T.
Belleville, MI
I received this phone about a year ago... and had to have it replaced after three months. I had an issue where the battery wouldn't charge, and when unplugged it would still show the charging icon so I never knew what my battery was at. There were a lot of glitches and it would constantly vibrate and notify me that my battery was charging when it wasn't. Sometimes the phone wouldn't turn on, and other times it would turn on and off by itself. I was qualified for a replacement, and I received it a week after ordering. The phone isn't as bad now, but it still has tons of the same glitches including: freezing, closing out apps, trying to use some strange application I never downloaded and lagging. It still works for the reason I have it though; sending and receiving texts and calls so I'm going to give it a D instead of an F.
Maria J. C.
Hialeah, FL
I Love Verizon for the Awesome deals, exclusives and of course the service, but this phone was my First Smartphone and the thing that drew me more to buying it was the QWERTY board, but everything else was somewhat disappointing. I would constant have drop calls, I wouldn't be able to receive texts or picture messages till hours later. The deal on this phone was a steal, but the software was solely a lot of hardship and failure. I now have to research a phone I want over and over again before I give it my all like I did with this one. There was to many glitches this phone had that were never going to be fixed and I am also disappointed Verizon couldn't give this phone a Software update like the new phones that are out now. My Phone one minute would say it was fully charged and the next it was dead and it was very hot for no reason. The other and last good thing about this phone was the sound quality while listening to music or your ringtone when receiving a phone call. Overall, if I could go back in time and buy another phone I probably would have.
Kara J.
I used to have this phone. It would constantly freeze, and half of the apps didn't work. I was frustrated when I found out I was paying the same price for it as I was for an Iphone... One day, the phone was acting up, so I kinda threw it across the floor, and It cracked. *whoops... Now my life is amazing with an Iphone 4s :) enjoy
Somaly M.
Tacoma, WA
I bought my mom the Samsung Stratosphere 2 (she actually picked it out herself - saying it looks better than the iPhone). I already have the Galaxy S3, so I didn't really care too much about this phone. One day when I was playing with my mom's found, I found that almost all the features were the same as the S3. The graphic is perfect, it has a camera on both the front and back of the phone, and also takes screenshot. There is so much to love about this phone. If you want the features of the Galaxy S3 without breaking your wallet, then the Samsung Stratosphere is the way to go. The screen may not be as big and it is thicker than the S3, but it is affordable.
Selene L.
El Congo Santa Ana
Selene L.
El Congo Santa Ana
Aún están a la venta? Ya no los he visto