BY SAMSUNG #99 in Smartphones

Ashley T.
Belleville, MI
I received this phone about a year ago... and had to have it replaced after three months. I had an issue where the battery wouldn't charge, and when unplugged it would still show the charging icon so I never knew what my battery was at. There were a lot of glitches and it would constantly vibrate and notify me that my battery was charging when it wasn't. Sometimes the phone wouldn't turn on, and other times it would turn on and off by itself. I was qualified for a replacement, and I received it a week after ordering. The phone isn't as bad now, but it still has tons of the same glitches including: freezing, closing out apps, trying to use some strange application I never downloaded and lagging. It still works for the reason I have it though; sending and receiving texts and calls so I'm going to give it a D instead of an F.
Maria J. C.
Hialeah, FL
I Love Verizon for the Awesome deals, exclusives and of course the service, but this phone was my First Smartphone and the thing that drew me more to buying it was the QWERTY board, but everything else was somewhat disappointing. I would constant have drop calls, I wouldn't be able to receive texts or picture messages till hours later. The deal on this phone was a steal, but the software was solely a lot of hardship and failure. I now have to research a phone I want over and over again before I give it my all like I did with this one. There was to many glitches this phone had that were never going to be fixed and I am also disappointed Verizon couldn't give this phone a Software update like the new phones that are out now. My Phone one minute would say it was fully charged and the next it was dead and it was very hot for no reason. The other and last good thing about this phone was the sound quality while listening to music or your ringtone when receiving a phone call. Overall, if I could go back in time and buy another phone I probably would have.
Dianna L.
Elkton, MD
I sell electronics for a living, so I get to play/test lots of smartphones including the Samsung Stratosphere and the Stratosphere II. I judge a phone's reliability based on how many unhappy customers I have coming back to my store with complaints. The Stratospheres seem to be a mixed bag- some people have good luck, while others are constantly having to send their Stratosphere in for repair.

The specs for the Stratosphere 1 & 2 are quite watered down and really can't compete with the nicer smartphones available. I feel like Samsung only released this phone just for the sake of having a keyboard phone in their line.

If you MUST have a phone with a physical keyboard- totally go for the Stratosphere as it is probably one of your best options. If you can live without the keyboard, get yourself a GS3.
Somaly M.
Tacoma, WA
I bought my mom the Samsung Stratosphere 2 (she actually picked it out herself - saying it looks better than the iPhone). I already have the Galaxy S3, so I didn't really care too much about this phone. One day when I was playing with my mom's found, I found that almost all the features were the same as the S3. The graphic is perfect, it has a camera on both the front and back of the phone, and also takes screenshot. There is so much to love about this phone. If you want the features of the Galaxy S3 without breaking your wallet, then the Samsung Stratosphere is the way to go. The screen may not be as big and it is thicker than the S3, but it is affordable.
Nina G.
San antonio, Tx
Man do i wish companys made phones like this still :( i am a texter so this phone really came in handy. I loved how easy it was to use, how simple it made my life and how much it was just like a regular smartphone but i didn't have to peck at the screen. The internet worked well. Had good memory, camera worked good so i could take lot of selfies, sound was great, and i coulr have all my favorite apps on here. I really loved this phone !! Would buy this phone again in a heartbeat.
Valerie R.
Newark, NJ
While I will admit the edges are cooler in theory than in function, the phone as a whole is great. Love the clock on the edge at night, but they can get in the way when reading books, websites etc. Other than that the phone is stable, good battery life an doesn't feel huge in the hand. Biggest down fall of the phone is no memory card slot, one of the reason I usually go with Samsung over Apple. Not a deal breaker though.
Missy W.
Oakboro, NC
I got this phone because I wanted a keyboard. My husband had bought one a couple months before and seemed to like it. The bulk I could have dealt with if the quality of the phone was up to par. I miss many calls because my phone doesn't ring. I have to restart my phone every day and multiple times because it makes a loud static noise when I answer the phone. The network drops out entirely too often. Opening programs is slow. Honestly, the only thing I like about the phone IS the keyboard - but just having a keyboard isn't worth the $300+ I paid for this phone.
Leslie L.
Gilbert, Az
I got 2 of these phones for my children. I feel it is perfect for what they need. They are embarrassed because they don't have iPhones like their friends but as a starter phone I think this is great. We have had a couple of issues with charger cords with these phones. They tend to bend easy and stop working so I've had to replace them a few times b
Chelsea K.
Curtice, OH
I had this phone for about a year and it was good for like the first few months then it all went downhill from there. I was having a lot of trouble with the charger port thing and the phone wouldn't charge. After only a few months it started running very slow and heating up really fast....battery life went downhill. I didn't even have that many apps on it, and I was only on the internet occasionally. The camera is not very good quality either.
Antoinette V.
Ava, NY
My best friend has managed to keep this phone for over a year now with nothing but complications. due to the fact the doesn't have insurance she was never able to switch it in. it really is terrible, it blew up her battery at one point, it power cycles all day long, and even with a new battery the phone never stays charged. it's just awful. I pitty anyone who owns this phone.
Selene L.
El Congo Santa Ana
Aún están a la venta? Ya no los he visto
Selene L.