BY SAMSUNG

Explore new worlds with the Gear VR Virtual Reality Headset from Samsung. This headset is compatible with the Galaxy Note 5 S6 S6 edge and S6 edge+ leveraging each device s Super AMOLED display to provide you with an immersive audiovisual experience with 2D and 3D 360 photos videos and games. The Gear VR is 22% lighter than its predecessor and features new foam cushioning that s designed to make the device more comfortable to wear. Additionally the VR s touchpad has been revamped to provide enhanced control while enjoying your content. The Gear VR uses Oculus technology and the Oculus store offers you an expansive library of content for download. Additionally Samsung s Milk VR service frequently releases new 360 videos. see more...

Buy on Jet.com
maria m.
maria m.
Carteret, NJ
I got this as a promotion after i preordered the Samsung 7. It fits the head amazing , and i find it to be very comfortable around the nose and eye area. Very lightweight. Its very hard to install the software but once you get a handle on it , it's so much fun. My son uses it to play his games on his phone and i have used it to watch Netflix. The only thing is that it didn't come with a remote and there are certain things that require the use of a remote.

the graphics look great and you're really immersed in the scenery and graphics .
Terrica K.
Terrica K.
For anyone interested in purchasing a VR headset and who's already a Samsung phone, the Gear VR is a no-brainer. It's easy to use and the content selection keeps growing. There's plenty of appeal here. it's a lot of fun and real inexpensive.

But perhaps those not already packing a Galaxy in their pocket should look elsewhere for their first VR experience.

Pros
Completely wireless
Great head tracking
Solid content library

Cons
Resolution is a little disappointing
Full game content expensive
Only compatible with some Galaxy phones
Cory J.
Cory J.
Houtzdale, PA
This is AMAZING. I received this product for free with the purchase of a Galaxy S7. The only problem I have with this product is that one night I put my daughter to sleep and when I inserted my phone in to this I thought it would be great and quiet and would allow me to listen in privacy... nope! The gear VR put my phone on speaker and started rambling on. I tried quickly to hush it up but the damage was done and my 1 year old woke up crying. Other than that issue, I really like this and love the netflix home theatre app.
Murad F.
Murad F.
Staten Island, New York, NY
I have Galaxy Note 5 and it works perfectly with gear VR. It does heat up quickly when streaming. But games and movies from Storage seem to last without overheating your phone. The games and experiences are awesome. Virtual reality shooting games to apps that help you with public speaking. This is a great start to into the world of VR. Also with this your phone is the computer there's nothing else to buy unlike the other headsets where you also have to buy a supercomputer. Even record what you see inside VR and share it.
M M.
M M.
The future is now. This VR headset is the best quality for the best price (more expensive then Google Cardboard but better image, less expensive than others). Unfortunately, it only works for Samsung Galaxy phones and only certain ones at that. However, it is seriously amazing. The images are so realistic and Groove VR creates an amazing new way to experience music. Yes, many apps require payment but this is because of the intense coding and graphic design that went into them. It's worth it.
Natalia C.
Natalia C.
Doral, FL
This is a cool vr viewing experience, but for a truly emmersive one you have to use either the oculus rift or the htc vive. Oculus rift currently works with and xbox controllers but the oculus touch should be out in a few month. the Vive has has controls but it's a lot more of a set up. oculus lenses are also sharper.
Lisa D.
Lisa D.
I love my Gear VR. This is such a unique and fun experience. It is so realistic that you do need to consider the comfort levels because if you get car sick or any type of motion sickness, you do feel that when you're on things like the virtual roller coasters, etc. Its not complicated to use at all, very simple.
Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.
FORT JENNINGS, OH
I was very excited to try this. I received it for free from Samsung when I bought the Samsung Galaxy s7, however , I was very disappointed. I feel it gives me a headache and makes me get motion sickness. It's not bad since it was free, but I would never buy it on my own.
Adrian M.
Adrian M.
Livermore, CA
This is definitely one of the best pieces of tech under $100. If you have a Note 5, S6, or newer, this is a must buy. This is tons better the Google Cardboard, at least until Android Nougat, and the exclusive apps and games are some of the best vr experiences out there.
David K.
David K.
Great Neck, NY
The samsung gear VR is the best purchase that anyone can make! with many different games to play, pictures to see, and videos to watch, you cant go wrong with this purchase! its sooo worth the $99!! its a bargain! and you will be playing games for hours at a time!
Shahin N.
Shahin N.
Kirkland, WA
I've been comparing the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift, and lately my friend has been trying to press me that at this stage in VR, my best bet would be to get a s7 and a gear VR kit (100 right?), and then wait for the second iteration of the VR consoles and for Oculus to get its controllers and cameras, and Vive to improve everything...but I'm usually always an early adopted of jaw dropping tech, and this definitely qualifies. The thing is, it's going to be around a 2k investment with a Vive, or $18-1900 with the rift(headset + computer to smoothly run said headset). Those numbers make me ask, influenster: SHOULD I wait? And if I do, how long do your wisest mystics and seers think it'll be before we see a more polished version?
Tony L.
Tony L.
Philadelphia, PA
How good is this? I have a Samsung s6 edge now will this fit in there. I'm kinda contemplating whether to purchase this or not don't know if it'll be worth it. I mean like will it make me go wow or just eh? And have they been producing any new apps for the vr mode yet?
crystal m.
crystal m.
San Antonio , TX
Does any one else has issues with the headpiece slipping or itching
Tiara F.
Tiara F.
Would you say this is ok for kids to use? My son wants one but I said no because I felt it was a bit too much for him.
Tatyana W.
Tatyana W.
Mesquite, TX
Is this only for Samsungs do they have these for apple