BY SAMSUNG

Explore new worlds with the Gear VR Virtual Reality Headset from Samsung. This headset is compatible with the Galaxy Note 5 S6 S6 edge and S6 edge+ leveraging each device s Super AMOLED display to provide you with an immersive audiovisual experience with 2D and 3D 360 photos videos and games. The Gear VR is 22% lighter than its predecessor and features new foam cushioning that s designed to make the device more comfortable to wear. Additionally the VR s touchpad has been revamped to provide enhanced control while enjoying your content. The Gear VR uses Oculus technology and the Oculus store offers you an expansive library of content for download. Additionally Samsung s Milk VR service frequently releases new 360 videos. see more...

Jasmine-Symone W.
Phoenix, IL
This thing is honestly amazing! Innovation at its finest! There are so many games to choose from, including multiplayer games that are fun for the whole family (i love playing against my mom). You really feel like you are in these games! Everything is so realistic and life like. You do have to take breaks inbetween playing or you may feel dizzy or get a headache, otherwise nothing bad to say. I love the meditation apps, everything on here is just amazing! I recommend this to everyone, young or old!
Evrthg T.
Gear VR is great! Easy to use and great apps. I would give it 5 stars but sometimes connection doesn't take when you first insert the phone, causing you to take it off and reinsert the phone. It's delicate and should be handled with care. The remote gave me issues pairing everytime I used the Gear but once figured out it was fine. Once it's on its a great piece of hardware for your new Samsung Note 8.
Leann C.
Oakland, CA
The Samsung Gear VR is definitely a must-have item for any Samsung user who frequently watches movies/Netflix/Hulu or plays games on their phone. The experience alone just takes things to a whole other level. It's so fun, so real, and it's exciting to see technology like this available at that price point. We took it with us to Christmas dinner with our family, and three generations all enjoyed the VR experience. A great gift and a great entertainment accessory. Can't wait to see what Samsung does next!
Joleen G.
Murfreesboro, TN
I bought this as a Christmas present for my husband. He absolutely loves it. There are tons of apps to choose from, free and ones you can buy. He said Since it is a Samsung product they are very strick on what can download load. This might be a good thing if you have teens in the house. The only thing he dislikes is, your not able to keep charging your phone while it's in the Samsung VR.
Sierra M.
Platteville, WI
These things are so freaking cool! My brother got one for Christmas and everyone in our family is obsessed with it. Watching movies feels like you have the movie theatre to yourself! I just wish there were more apps available for device.
Murad F.
Staten Island, NY
I have Galaxy Note 5 and it works perfectly with gear VR. It does heat up quickly when streaming. But games and movies from Storage seem to last without overheating your phone. The games and experiences are awesome. Virtual reality shooting games to apps that help you with public speaking. This is a great start to into the world of VR. Also with this your phone is the computer there's nothing else to buy unlike the other headsets where you also have to buy a supercomputer. Even record what you see inside VR and share it.
Cory J.
Houtzdale, PA
This is AMAZING. I received this product for free with the purchase of a Galaxy S7. The only problem I have with this product is that one night I put my daughter to sleep and when I inserted my phone in to this I thought it would be great and quiet and would allow me to listen in privacy... nope! The gear VR put my phone on speaker and started rambling on. I tried quickly to hush it up but the damage was done and my 1 year old woke up crying. Other than that issue, I really like this and love the netflix home theatre app.
Terrica K.
Texarkana, TX
For anyone interested in purchasing a VR headset and who's already a Samsung phone, the Gear VR is a no-brainer. It's easy to use and the content selection keeps growing. There's plenty of appeal here. it's a lot of fun and real inexpensive.

But perhaps those not already packing a Galaxy in their pocket should look elsewhere for their first VR experience.

Pros
Completely wireless
Great head tracking
Solid content library

Cons
Resolution is a little disappointing
Full game content expensive
Only compatible with some Galaxy phones
maria m.
Carteret, NJ
I got this as a promotion after i preordered the Samsung 7. It fits the head amazing , and i find it to be very comfortable around the nose and eye area. Very lightweight. Its very hard to install the software but once you get a handle on it , it's so much fun. My son uses it to play his games on his phone and i have used it to watch Netflix. The only thing is that it didn't come with a remote and there are certain things that require the use of a remote.

the graphics look great and you're really immersed in the scenery and graphics .
Lisa D.
I love my Gear VR. This is such a unique and fun experience. It is so realistic that you do need to consider the comfort levels because if you get car sick or any type of motion sickness, you do feel that when you're on things like the virtual roller coasters, etc. Its not complicated to use at all, very simple.
Shahin N.
Kirkland, WA
I've been comparing the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift, and lately my friend has been trying to press me that at this stage in VR, my best bet would be to get a s7 and a gear VR kit (100 right?), and then wait for the second iteration of the VR consoles and for Oculus to get its controllers and cameras, and Vive to improve everything...but I'm usually always an early adopted of jaw dropping tech, and this definitely qualifies. The thing is, it's going to be around a 2k investment with a Vive, or $18-1900 with the rift(headset + computer to smoothly run said headset). Those numbers make me ask, influenster: SHOULD I wait? And if I do, how long do your wisest mystics and seers think it'll be before we see a more polished version?
Tony L.
Philadelphia, PA
How good is this? I have a Samsung s6 edge now will this fit in there. I'm kinda contemplating whether to purchase this or not don't know if it'll be worth it. I mean like will it make me go wow or just eh? And have they been producing any new apps for the vr mode yet?
crystal m.
El Campo , TX
Does any one else has issues with the headpiece slipping or itching
Tatyana W.
Mesquite, TX
Is this only for Samsungs do they have these for apple
How realistic does it make gaming?