Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-inch, wifi)
Top Questions See all 134 Q&A
- "The battery life is good, it runs very fast, and it is light weight and small enough that it easily fit in my purse so I could enjoy it on a flight or otherwise on the go." in 15 reviews
- "I'm still getting used to the newly updated Jelly Bean operating system, but all in all I am thoroughly satisfied with this tablet." in 8 reviews
- "But I am glad I got one of these so now I can let my son watch netflix when he gets cranky if we are out and about for a long time, I can surf the internet, play games, check my email etc." in 7 reviews
- "It is a great tablet yet, with all the new ones coming out you can see a definite difference in the quality." in 6 reviews
- "For someone looking for a college tablet I would recommend something with more options and a larger screen but for everyday use this one is small enough to be handy and the battery lasts." in 6 reviews
This is a brand new product from Samsung that breaks the $250 price barrier. There are a lot of tablets at or below this price but they are mostly very low end devices with slow CPUs, poor screens and built for non-US markets. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 makes none of the compromises typical of this price point and provides the same kind of performance you'd expect from the rest of the Samsung Galaxy Tab portfolio. It's fast, slick, has a great screen and even has Android 4.03 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I do like the new operating system and adapted to it in minutes. In addition to front & rear cameras there is bluetooth and even an IR blaster so you can use it as a remote for your TV. It only took a minute to set that up and get a program guide downloaded. All the apps on my Gingerbread phone loaded up to the Tab and run fine on the ICS platform. I can't comment on battery life yet as I plugged it for the initial charge and setup and haven't run on battery yet. As far as WiFi reception goes, it picks up all the same signals at the same strength as my laptop so no problem there.
The battery life was ok, not superb but better then the first edition. Like many plugged in individuals speed and ease of use are two top requirements of all electronics I use. Though the battery life was good, it took a backseat on speed. The functionality was exactly like all other Galaxy devices which made using it a breeze.
On the flip side it froze constantly and the support I received was less than stellar. Given a choice, I'd go back and buy the iPad. Hopefully the newer tabs have been updated to be faster and more reliable.
I got this tablet for myself and I love it. I love that it's customizable and the storage can be expanded by inserting an external sd card. I especially love this one for watching movies in the car or for entertaining kids. It is great to have when you want to keep busy or kill time. It has a pretty good battery life when not connected to Wi-Fi. I have about 50 apps downloaded, 5 movies, and over 200 songs on here it still has not filled up. It is a really nice looking tablet and also very durable.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos