BY SAMSUNG #19 in Smartphones

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-inch, wifi)
  • "The battery life is good, it runs very fast, and it is light weight and small enough that it easily fit in my purse so I could enjoy it on a flight or otherwise on the go." in 15 reviews
  • "I'm still getting used to the newly updated Jelly Bean operating system, but all in all I am thoroughly satisfied with this tablet." in 8 reviews
  • "But I am glad I got one of these so now I can let my son watch netflix when he gets cranky if we are out and about for a long time, I can surf the internet, play games, check my email etc." in 7 reviews
  • "It is a great tablet yet, with all the new ones coming out you can see a definite difference in the quality." in 6 reviews
  • "For someone looking for a college tablet I would recommend something with more options and a larger screen but for everyday use this one is small enough to be handy and the battery lasts." in 6 reviews
Annie F.
Techie Expert Level 1
I own this tablet and an iPad, and I like both of them equally. This is a great size, it has vibrant colors, and it's very simple to use. I recommend this for anyone who is looking for a less expensive iPad. It also has a very intuitive design which makes this perfect for people who aren't as confident using electronics.
Gladys A.
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) (Personal Computers)
This is a brand new product from Samsung that breaks the $250 price barrier. There are a lot of tablets at or below this price but they are mostly very low end devices with slow CPUs, poor screens and built for non-US markets. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 makes none of the compromises typical of this price point and provides the same kind of performance you'd expect from the rest of the Samsung Galaxy Tab portfolio. It's fast, slick, has a great screen and even has Android 4.03 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I do like the new operating system and adapted to it in minutes. In addition to front & rear cameras there is bluetooth and even an IR blaster so you can use it as a remote for your TV. It only took a minute to set that up and get a program guide downloaded. All the apps on my Gingerbread phone loaded up to the Tab and run fine on the ICS platform. I can't comment on battery life yet as I plugged it for the initial charge and setup and haven't run on battery yet. As far as WiFi reception goes, it picks up all the same signals at the same strength as my laptop so no problem there.
Miranda V.
Techie Expert Level 3
Wasn't a fan of this. It kept charge long which was really nice but it ran so slow and would freeze up. I was constantly turning it off and on to fix it. I prefer iPad over android tablets because the screen quality is better on an iPad.
Tavaras R.
Savannah, GA
This is my first tablet. I do not really want Apple Products, and since I have Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I figured I'd go with it. I bought it on my campus store. I have added a 16 GB memory card, it can handle up to 32 GB. So, I have a decent amount of memory. The screen is bright and vibrant and the tablet doesn't feel heavy in my hands at all. The speakers are great. One concern I had was the speaker on my phone wasn't very loud, this tablet has very good sounding speakers. It is very quick and responsive. Ice Cream Sandwich runs magnificently. I have plenty of apps and they all run well. Movies look great on this screen. The Wi-Fi Direct is fantastic too. I can stream movies from the tablet, through my wi-fi directly to my Xbox with no additional setup required. One caveat though. The camera on this thing is very underwhelming. That is the only area it falls short it, but it really falls. No flash, and doesn't take good pictures at all. Other than that, I'm aces.
Kaitlyn F.
Richmond , VA
My parents got this for me for christmas even though I didn't ask. I never thought I would want a tablet but I've ended up using this more than my phone. I updated it right after I got it and they took away the screen shot button which was upsetting but other than that it has a crisp screen and easy navigation. Everything about this tablet is customizable and you can pretty much do anything your heart desires on it. The only difference between this and an ipad is the app selection and size but this is honestly just as good. I've had no set backs or difficulties with mine. ALSO, with the kindle app I can read and do anything I could with my kindle so it replaces another device with that. Literally best tablet out there.
Samantha S.
Laconia, NH
I'm an android girl for sure, but I wasn't overly impressed with the Tab 1. As a competitor for then 2nd gen iPad, I found Samsung's answer to the tablet world to be lacking.

The battery life was ok, not superb but better then the first edition. Like many plugged in individuals speed and ease of use are two top requirements of all electronics I use. Though the battery life was good, it took a backseat on speed. The functionality was exactly like all other Galaxy devices which made using it a breeze.

On the flip side it froze constantly and the support I received was less than stellar. Given a choice, I'd go back and buy the iPad. Hopefully the newer tabs have been updated to be faster and more reliable.
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Techie Expert Level 1
Was a great product with quick connections and a crisp picture. However, the very first drop cracked the entire screen so I cannot say it is a perfect product from samsung.
Julia J.
Reviewing for the 10.1 inch tablet.
I got this tablet for myself and I love it. I love that it's customizable and the storage can be expanded by inserting an external sd card. I especially love this one for watching movies in the car or for entertaining kids. It is great to have when you want to keep busy or kill time. It has a pretty good battery life when not connected to Wi-Fi. I have about 50 apps downloaded, 5 movies, and over 200 songs on here it still has not filled up. It is a really nice looking tablet and also very durable.
Stephanie B.
Watseka, IL
Techie Expert Level 3
My husband just bought this for me about a week or so ago. So I am still getting used to it. I am in love so far! There are a couple things that bother me like since I just bought it mine runs on the jellybean instead of ice cream sandwich which is fine but now you can't install flash on it which means there are some apps that I can't use :( The camera could use some work but for $199 I can't really complain. It's really quick and the touch response is great. Like I said I am still getting used to it but I am extremely happy that my husband purchased this for me! I wanted a tablet but really didn't want to spend $400 and up for one. So this is well worth every penny in my opinion!
Tabitha B.
I purchased this great little tablet for $150 from MicroCenter. I purchased it refurbished and have had it a little over a month now. It works perfectly!! I went with the smaller tab because I wanted to carry it with me at all times and didn't want the larger tab because I felt that it would be to heavy to carry. The screen provides a crisp view and the wifi capability provides from fast web surfing. I've downloaded all of my apps and still have lots of space to grow. I have not added at sd card as of yet. I have no problem with glare from the sun or light when reading my books from the Kindle App. This is a great tablet from half the cost of the iPad.
Ashley T.
Red Oak, TX
I was Thinking about buying about buying one .....but does it have any flaws ??? like freezing slow internet speed?
Laura R.
Shelburne , VT
Is it better to have a 7" screen or a larger one like 9" or 10". It will be used for home and work for my husband. Want to buy it as a Christmas present.
Melissa S.
Hickory Hills, IL
Would you consider this product for your tweens?
Laura R.
Shelburne , VT
Buying first ever tablet..yes I know get with it right...but I am lost on what is a better way to spend my money. Would you recommend this over apple?
Tamara V.
Coatesville, PA
Anyone else having problems with charging this tablet?