BY SAMSUNG #13 in Smartphones

Samsung Galaxy S III
  • "I had the Samsung s3 for about 6 months and couldn't wait to upgrade because the battery life really sucks on this phone." in 27 reviews
  • "I have had this phone for about half a year now, it I can easily say that it is my favorite phone that I have ever owned." in 13 reviews
  • "The SIII is now several models old, but it's still a great option, especially for those looking for an inexpensive smart phone option." in 12 reviews
  • "Huge Samsung Galaxy s3 fan this is my second galaxy love all the features, the storage, screen size, speed of the phone." in 10 reviews
  • "I have had a Galaxy S III for two years already and it is an ok phone, i do wished it had a better camera quality though." in 8 reviews
Nikki Y.
Techie Expert Level 1
This was my first galaxy phone and I loved it to pieces literally lol. I used it until I completely destroyed it. It was a super tough phone that did so many things. I had it for about two years and it lasted through a lot of drops by my little one and everything stayed perfect until it got smashed. I moved to iPhone after having the galaxy s4 later because we got an iMac computer and wanted to have the option for sharing photos with the computer. Other wise I may still have the galaxy
Kayla A.
Washington, NC
Techie Expert Level 1
I used to have this phone and after switching to an iPhone I would never go back. The camera quality on these sucks compared to iPhones. These are no good phones. I had two of these phones and both ended up messing up. The charger ports on them stopped working after some time and I couldn’t charge the phone anymore, causing me to have to buy a new phone. There is no FaceTime, nothing like that. Apple products are so much better. I don’t recommend buying a Samsung.
Ashley M.
Brainerd, MN
Techie Expert Level 1
I'm sort of amazed that this still sits as high on the list as it does! I had this phone through Virgin Mobile for a few years! First things first, DO NOT ever go through Virgin Mobile for your phone service. UNRELATED TO THAT THOUGH, I loved this little hunk of plastic. It was my first Samsung Galaxy phone and while I was about a year behind with it (but then again when are you not behind on phones when they come out with a new one every year) It was durable as hell, I dropped it, flung it, chucked it, etc. And never cracked a screen. That being said, the battery life towards the end was unbearable. It did get me hooked to Galaxy Phones though and as long as they keep pumping them out, I'll keep buying them (about 2 models behind though I'm sure)
Catherine P.
Santa Elena
Good little phone. Had it a while back and dropped it many times and screen never broke. Super easy to use and has 16GB memory which I never ran out of. The camera is sufficient but could be better. Now it is a later model of the Samsung galaxy but not a bad phone.
Megan C.
Techie Expert Level 1
This was my first smartphone that I got and I used it for like 3 years or so I think. Its actually very reliable and I enjoyed the music settings. Near the end of me using it though it just stopped like they said the battery was messed up cause I'd constantly try to charge it and it'd go black and it'd turn off literally every 5 mins when it said it was on like 40%
Margaux M.
ithaca, NY
The  Galaxy S3 was the last Android I had before switching to iPhone. I absolutely loved this phone. I am a picture hoarder and this phone was able to handle all my pictures with space to spare. Many times when the iPhone gives me the low memory notification I think about switching back to the Samsung.
Kaymo B.
Arlington, TX
I love my Samsung when I had it it was one of my very first Galaxy and I still have it in my drawer it is my backup phone I love this phone it has a lot of new features
Ashley C.
CRANSTON, RI
Techie Expert Level 1
I'm surprised this is here to review! This was my first Samsung and Galaxy phone and I haven't owned anything since. These days, this thing is obsolete but they still work fine. The only issue I had, it seemed to be a big one with many users too, was battery life. I ended up buying an extended battery for it on eBay. It was literally a thicker battery and they sent me a special battery door for it because the original one wouldn't be compatible with it. Once I had that, everything was fine. It seems Samsung has stepped up with their batteries. After this phone, I owned the S5 and now have the S7 Edge. Not only am I a fan of the Android system, I'm a big fan of Samsung phones.
Shannon J.
Irvine, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
This was my first Samsung phone! I must have dropped it 400million times in the time I had it and the screen never broke, which I considered wonderful because I'm clumsy and tend to drop things! It was fast and had a good screen. The size fit nicely in my hands and I liked the kind of curved corner design to it. Has a standard charging port so it was easy to find replacement chargers for it. The camera on it was good for its time, but the battery didn't last me the whole day. That may have been because I abused it. It served me well until the charging port stopped working and I had to upgrade.
37734CRISTHINA N.
Techie Expert Level 1
FUE Gran Teléfono Para Mi Tener Y USAR PARA UN en total del Contrato de 2 años. Nunca se Tenido ningún Problema Importante con el y todavía lo tengo guardado en Caso de Que Lo necesite para Copia de Seguridad.  Duración de la Batería ESTABA busque Hasta el último par de meses DEBIDO a Las Actualizaciones zapping Más Duración de la Batería y La batería de Ser viejo.  La Pantalla siempre FUE vibrante y El Tamaño del Teléfono perfecto época.  Calidad de La llamada era también grande para Su Tiempo.
Kate S.
Highland Mills, NY
I heard that this phone is bad at taking photos and recording videos. Should I buy this is it a waste of money?
Taylor S.
Bridgeport, CT
Is the phone a good phone to buy?
raneem i.
El Paso, TX
Is there an LED light??
Ramya R.
Redmond, WA
Samsung or iPhone?? (I don't have any doubts that my favorite is Samsung of course ;))
Michele B.
Naples, ME
Would you buy another one?