BY SAMSUNG #23 in Smartphones

• Este me parece uno de los mejores celulares que pasaron p...1 Answers
  • Why is the camera so fuzzy?1 Answers
  • I really want this phone? Do you think that it is worth it?37 Answers
Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • "Very impressive battery life, had some issues with the charger but the company was very helpful with sending me a new one free of cost" in 23 reviews
  • "The large screen has a beautiful bright display and the speaker is nice and loud though it could be a little louder." in 16 reviews
  • "I really like how you can draw and do so many things with it and still it's very light ( and the big screen is awsome for bloggers like me)." in 15 reviews
  • "The phone seems giant and "cartoon like" on first glance but after a few days you get used to it and it becomes “Phone sized”." in 11 reviews
  • "If you love watching movies, youtube videos, playing games, checking emails...etc then this is the phone for you." in 10 reviews
Shylah l.
Kansas City
I was absolutely in love with this phone my son got it for me for Mother's Day I have also own Note 3 and the Note 5 awesome the only thing I can say I didn't like it the screen will crack if you drop it off in the bed please get a box for it.. Thank you Love it
Miranda V.
Techie Expert Level 3
I love love love this phone! It has such a beautiful seemless design with a really fast processor and stays charged a really long time. I love how skinny it is and the display on it is really great as well!
Ricardo B.
I have been pretty happy with this phone, but my opinion of it (and Samsung) is dropping by the day. When I bought the phone, the first thing I noticed is that the Screen-rotation function only works about 20% of the time. After a quick Google search, I found this is a wide-spread issue, and its software related. Samsung was promising a 4.2 update for months, and eventually announced that they are actually waiting until 4.3 before they do an update. I don't really care about the version number, I just care about this bug.
My 2nd biggest problem with the phone is the build quality. Aside from the screen, it is ALL plastic. After 6 months of VERY GENTLE use (I am freakishly obsessive about how I handle my phone to avoid scratches), the fake metal finish on the trim of the phone is peeling off in the corners. All my friends with the Note 2 are having the same issue. Also the glossy finish on the battery cover is starting to spider-web crack all over (like the paint on an old car left in the sun for years). This is probably the poorest build quality of any phone I have owned.
Another complaint is that Wifi performance is not that great for a device of this price. All my other wifi devices get better speeds at certain distances (even a $180 7" Kobo ereader tablet). I have tried many different wifi modes and channels on my 6x6 MIMO antenna router. I actually resort to using my Kobo in certain parts of my house to watch Youtube.
I will probably never buy a Samsung phone again. Its a shame, because I have owned all the Galaxy phones from the S1 to S3, and Note 2. They have always been good about updates, but I feel it is really poor of Samsung to have already updated the new S4 within weeks of launching, and the Note 2 is already being forgotten about. I will probably stick to buying Google Nexus devices, just so that I can get regular updates.
Like I said, I don't care about version numbers, I just want bugs fixed. It is really poor service of Samsung to already be working on flashy new features for a phone only a few months newer, when there are phones still full of bugs.
Keith B.
Thornton, CO
Switched from iPhone 4 to the Galaxy Note 2 after waiting long enough for the "next great iPhone evolution". The 4S didn't tempt me, and the 5 is just a 1/2" taller 4S (albeit lighter) with inferior maps and a different connector. Sad because I'd invested a lot of time in building my "Apple ecosystem" and even learned to program for iOS, but then I saw Android Jelly Bean and knew I'd been had. So much freedom to change my UI with widgets, live (i.e. moving) wallpapers, myriad security locks...and my favorite...I can download apps without having to enter an iTunes password EVERY TIME! Oh I was tired of typing that in over and over.

The Gorilla Glass display is durable and feels solid. The plastic back cover makes NO DIFFERENCE to me since I have always used a phone case...even with the iPhone! I've seen enough of those glass backs shattered to be thankful this one is plastic and can be replaced for PENNIES! The $6 case I found for the Note 2 on Amazon is perfect...and even includes a kickstand. Also makes it a bit less likely you'll press the on/off button accidentally...another bonus!

The phone size may be a bit much for some users, but if you tote both a phone and a tablet or notebook around then perhaps you will find this phone useful. My iPad stays at home most days now, as I now have plenty of screen real-estate in my pocket.

Google Now seems at least as useful as Siri. Check out examples on YouTube...it can do A LOT of things all by voice. Google Maps/Navigation is outstanding...voice guidance, real-time traffic, updated maps...and on this phone the display is easy to see and the directions are easy to hear! Get a phone mount for your car (~$20 on Amazon) and you won't need any other navigation device.

I could go on for days talking about all the little feature improvements over the iPhone...LED indicators, proximity sensor, microUSB connector, removable battery, microSD memory slot, etc. If the iPhone isn't exciting you, try this phone, or if it's too big for try the Galaxy S3 (or even better wait for the S4). Fabulous!
Hayley A.
Richmond, VA
Techie Expert Level 2
This is one hell of a gadget. It is the best product I currently use. The screen is simply beautiful, speed is excellent, and it feels luxurious with the glowing screen and heavy feel. I use it for all sorts of things and it never fails you. Battery is awesome, for the first few days I practically spent all day using it, testing it, downloading apps ...etc. and there's always at least 20-30% battery left at night after 16+ hours of heavy use. I happily spent 600 Euros to buy it, and that was very good value, in fact the price of this phone should not compare to other smart phones out there, as this is a different product, it truly is a phone and a tablet in one (so the alternative is buying 2 items for double the price). I am not a so-called Apple hater, but the iPhone is a toy next to this one(I used the iPhone 5 for 3 days); even the Galaxy S3 is reduced to a toy next to it. Samsung could easily sell it for additional 30% in price (at least to those who appreciate it). One comment about the size: you buy this phone specifically for its size, I wonder how some reviews mention its size as a disadvantage or a con ... how can that be when you bought it BECAUSE of its size not in spite of it? Don't hesitate about it, buy it IF you need a bigger screen. If the size to you is an obstacle then stick to the smaller ones, as this is not intended to be just another phone, it's intended to be a personal assistant, tablet, and phone. I recommend it without hesitation, and would like to thank Samsung for making such a beautiful product.
Elly D.
I've had this phone for about a year, and I couldn't be happier! I love watching YouTube videos on it - the screen is massive and totally worth it! I originally bought it since it's a merge between a smartphone and a tablet and I wanted to buy a tablet for school. This phone does both! Has the best of both worlds because there are some apps that are only available to tablets and I am able to download them.

The positive features is in the Samsung brand - all of their phones include a "reject list" - any unknown phone number or telemarketer that calls can be added to a reject list and the phone never rings, they don't get to leave a voicemail, and it indicates in your menu bar that someone was rejected and that's it!

The camera is also a great feature - both with flash and a front facing camera. There's great apps to edit your photos, and serious the screen is amazing.

I also enjoy the stylus pen. It's fun to play draw something as well as just doodling. You can use the pen for the calendar, but I don't prefer to use it.

What can I say - Androids are BETTER than the stupid iphone. more than a handful of my friends who are iphone users complain that their iphone has restarted and lost of their contacts or photos - have you ever heard a droid user complain like that? I doubt it. Switch to the Android and you will be happier!
Ashley D.
Marrero, LA
Techie Expert Level 2
Compared to the S7 Edge (my current phone) this one isn't that exciting, but at the time this thing was absolutely AMAZING! I love the large screen, yet thin and light weight build. It's easy to use and so easy to customize. Plus, it takes pretty nice pictures with the built in camera!
Gina Z.
Horrible phone. I purchased this phone right after it came out and didn't even have it a year before it started acting up. First the price did not equal quality with this, with my upgrade I paid $328. The battery life went from good to bad within months. I never even used the stylus it just became annoying because it eventually was lose and would fall out and my phone wouldn't stop vibrating until I found it and put it back in. What eventually made me get rid of this phone was a manufactures defect. It started off as my phone would randomly turn off maybe once a week. Then when I was using my gps it decided to lag and tell me when to turn about 3 minutes too late. About two weeks after that it would say 100% charged, and not even 5 minutes later it'll be on 6%. So I would charge it but it would jump back down. (Mind you I'm very careful with my phones, I've never broke any phone I've ever owned) then it got to where it would only stay on if it was on the charger. And eventually it completely stopped working, it would turn on but back off within 2 minutes. My battery was swollen( I took it into my phone company and they told me it was a manufactures defect.) so I switched to apple and have had NO problems.
Sabrina L.
Linden, NJ
I just got this phone about a week ago and so far, so good. It has a lot of new features that I still have to get used to but each feature is definitely fun to learn about and learn how to use. The last phone I had was the galaxy s, which was the 1st android samsung came out with so this phone/tablet is definitely an upgrade. I tend to do a lot of things with my phone, like apps and searching the internet and such. I don't really use it much to make phone calls so I actually prefer that it's larger than most phones. Also, because I'm a girl, I don't really need to stick it in my back pocket. I actually found a really cute, inexpensive wristlet wallet that fits it perfectly and that's worked out the swimmingly for me thus far! I know a lot of people who use i-phones and my mother has one that I've had the opportunity to handle for a few days but frankly, I prefer this phone over the i-phone, hands down. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who frequently uses their phone for other things besides phone calls. And if you don't like holding this phone up to your head, just get headphones or a bluetooth to use when calling people!
Marisa T.
Atlanta, GA
I'm an animator/art student and I'm in love with my new Samsung Note 2 phone. I used to use a blackberry before this but the Note2 is perfect for me. My favorite feature is the S pen which has a very sensitive nib...I dare say more than the Wacom 4 which I own. The S Note is perfect for recording lectures because it comes with the note, voice recording, video, and picture function all in one place.
I'm usually bad with touch screens as I find my fingers too big sometimes for the screen but with a pen, this is no problem at all.

I also like the swipe left or right function on the contact to call or message. Reallyyyyy convenient.

The wifi connectivity is fast and great as I move from place to place and it connects to the available internet really fast.

The screen is great for watching movies on and camera resolution is very sharp and crisp.

The size is a bit big but I really love it this way as I actually prefer tablets to phone being an artist.

I'm not so crazy about the S Voice though as sometimes it's not the best functioning (either that or I'm not using it right)
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
I really want this phone? Do you think that it is worth it?
Alma B.
Does anyone know how great the camera is?
Rachel Y.
Oakland Gardens, NY
Galaxy Note II or Iphone?
Christine M.
Palo Alto, CA
Does this feel too big to use as a phone?
Lisa E.
Rutherford, NJ
A friend of mine has this phone, and it appears to be quite large compared to others. Does the size bother you or do the great features cancel that out?