BY SAMSUNG #77 in Smartphones

• Is this phone a sim card phone?5 Answers
  • Should I get this one or the Nexus 7?4 Answers
  • Sometimes I find I run out of battery power quickly if I'...11 Answers
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • "The battery life is decent but with any sort of smartphone you are lucky if don't have to charge one more than once a day." in 9 reviews
  • "My galaxy nexus was a great phone for a long time until it started it get slower and the battery started to not last as long anymore." in 7 reviews
  • "definitely not the best phone ever but does the job i guess, shatters easy so make sure to get a case, every great app i want seems like its only for iphones, other features the phone itself has are cool and has everything you need, it just seems like its missing some cool features" in 5 reviews
Katharine M.
San Francisco, CA
I was a Blackberry addict for over 4 years before switching over the the Galaxy Nexus. I went for the Android because it seamlessly integrates with all of my (many) google accounts. While it took some getting used to I really enjoy using my phone now, although it's a bit large for my hand to carry around. The large screen is create for reading and browsing the web but it sucks battery life like crazy - as does continuously pulling emails, but aren't those two of the biggest points of a smart phone? I would say my use of this phone has been substantially improved by carrying an external battery (my New Trent Easypak has never let me down) although I don't appreciate the extra weight (thus the B-rating). I definitely can't go a full day of normal use without recharging, but it keeps me connected and sane so I'm a bit attached.
M P.
Clark, NJ
I absolutely LOVE my galaxy nexus!!! I'm running Android 4.2 on it- which is awesome considering most other droids are still running on Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich!) I love how google still gives this phone the latest and greatest updates- unlike Apple, where once a product gets to be a year old, it's no longer supported! The screen on this phone is BEAUTIFUL, extremely clear with rich colors. The camera is also good and comes with neat little filters built right into the camera app. With the new 4.2 update, it also comes with Photosphere, a really cool camera option, as well as a Swype-like keyboard! I prefer this phone over the Samsung Galaxy S III because it's much easier to hold in the hand! Overall, an AMAZING PHONE!!!!
Elena W.
East Elmhurst, NY
I've had this phone for about a year now and there are some cons and pros. Below are what I have issues with.

Battery life: It stinks. I turn off Wi-Fi and 4G, and it still drains pretty quickly. I even have an extended battery.

Sound: LOW! The speaker volume is so dang low, you can't really hear much unless the room you're in is dead quiet.

Storage: There is no miniSD slot. I really wish there was one.

Everything else is okay. It's pretty fast and the interface and transitions are smooth. Colors are vibrant. The phone is also pretty lightweight. It remains slim even with an extended battery.
Jennifer B.
San Jose, CA
I was so excited to get this phone on release day, and it's still awesome over a year later. This was a game-changer for Android, and in my opinion, the phone that pulled them ahead of iOS (which the S3 did even more). It's fast, sleek, pretty, and user-friendly. Most of the other Android phones don't have the Android OS as Google intended but instead a version altered by Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc. This one has pure stock Android, and I love it. I also like the camera, especially the super-quick shutter speed and the panoramic option. I had to drop the grade from A to B because multiple hardware issues (first the speaker and then the charging port) required me to trade it in not once but twice for replacements. And the battery isn't great, but neither are most other smartphone batteries.
Alicia N.
Eden Prairie, MN
People always ask me why I didn't go with the S3, but I love this phone. I love the sleek look. There are no buttons on the front screen which makes it so sleek. Also, I love the space on this phone! I have had no problems running out the phone space with all my apps. I did buy a stronger batter so it lasts all day. The screen is great and I have no problems watching Netflix movies on it. I don't plan on getting rid of this phone any time soon! I am absolutely in love with this phone, if you're looking to get a new one I really recommend it. You won't have any problems with it, I promise!
Angela O.
Milpitas, CA
I love love love this phone. I can't say it enough. Choosing this phone was the best decision ever. It is a great flagship phone with Google and works wonderfully. It has A LOT of value. I have had this phone for over a year now and it is still excellent. It's not real flashy or popular but I would guarantee that anyone who got this phone would not be sorry they did. The only downside I can come up with is that I dropped it once and the back has never fit on as tight as it did originally again. I recommend either a case or a good best buy black tie service plan.
Donald P.
Terre Haute, IN
Let me start by saying, I love this phone. I upgraded to it January 2011 and it's probably the first phone I've had that hasn't had much degradation over time. It's still fast. I have tons of applications on it but yet still have 22 or 32 gigs remaining. You can do just about anything from this phone and it's slim, light and kind of sexy lol. In all seriousness, it may not be the newest gadget on the block right now but it definitely is still a good choice in smartphones.
Sophia N.
Fort Smith, AR
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is such a very professional phone, it comes with a stylus which I don't personally use but a lot of people do and I like that it comes with diversity! It was a little pricey but it also comes with a lot of items in it. After having it for awhile, it tends to lag and slow down in the texts
Shawn P.
Stahlstown, PA
The phone functionality is great. I love all of the various apps and that information is always at my finger tips. Nice big screen and crisp picture. I love streaming music.

The bad is that the battery life isn't the greatest. I keep the brightness very low and turn off the Wi-Fi signal when not needed to help reduce the battery drain.

Also, I have an Otter Box case on the phone and dropped it and the screen still cracked! Just be careful because the phone seems delicate.

In conclusion the good definitely outweighs the bad and I would recommend the phone.
Anne K.
Erlanger, Ky
I've had this phone for almost a year now. I bought mine through Google. I love that you can use it on AT&T and T-Mobile's networks. This gives me more room to haggle over what I'm willing to pay for phone services. I love getting Android updates quickly. Phone volume is one of the downsides. Even at the highest it's not very loud and seems to be muffled easily. I feel like the recent updates to the camera software have made it harder to use instead of easier. Overall I love the phone and it works great for what I use it for, but like every phone it has it's drawbacks.
Kim T.
Saint John, NB
Sometimes I find I run out of battery power quickly if I'm using my phone a lot, what are your best battery power saving tips?
Jesus g.
Mesquite, NV
Is this phone a sim card phone?
Lindsey H.
Beaufort, SC
Should I get this one or the Nexus 7?