BY SAMSUNG

Samsung Chromebook 2 - Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5800 2.00GHz, 4GB Memory, 16GB eMMC Flash Drive, 13.3" Display, Google Chro see more...

Violeta V.
You really can't go wrong with this Samsung Chromebook. I LOVE Samsung products as they have a history of being reliable and high quality. As you could probably tell from my review, I honestly believe there are better choices out there right now that are a few steps ahead of the Samsung Chromebook in terms of processing power, battery life, and screen resolution, for the SAME PRICE. I don't want to steer you towards one over the other but I'd be doing you a disservice if I didn't compare this Chromebook to at least one of the competitor's in a similar price range. I'd really suggest reading this review and the review on the Chromebook 13 before you make any decisions. They are both great machines and I think you'll be satisfied no matter which one you choose. This Chromebook is still too new to give you a 1-10 rating but I'm guessing it's going to fall in the 8/10 range. The Chromebook 13 Acer 13 CB5-311-T9B0 Chromebook (13.3-inch Full HD, NVIDIA Tegra K1, 2GB) will probably fall in the 9/10 range, so both are pretty comparable.
Kayla H.
Kingsville, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
After using a Chromebook for 5 years, it is hard to operate any other system. I have never had any issues with my Chromebook. It was a cheap computer that I purchased from WalMart so I have no problem just tossing it into my backpack or suitcase. I would recommend to others because they are awesome!
Alana V.
Commerce Twp, MI
Had a really bad experience with this Chromebook. I received this as a Christmas present last year and was so excited because I was in need of a new system. I set up my Chromebook and at the time was really pleased. However, just under an hour into use, the machine restarted without being prompted. The battery was fully charged, and I couldn't figure out what was causing the issue. When I contacted customer service to see if I could exchange the product, they told me no (even though I had the gift receipt). They told me I had to keep it. Not only was I displeased with the poorly functioning computer, but also with Samsung's lack of customer service. I would not look to them for this type of product again, and have since switched over and purchased a MacBook. Even though Apple has higher prices, their customer service and warranty programs are un-compromised.
rosmira alejandra H.
Florida, FL
Techie Expert Level 1
Tengo emociones mezcladas cuando se trata del libro de cromo. Lo conseguí por culpa de la universidad y pensé que era mucho más de lo que era. Asumí que sería capaz de descargar programas como Skype, word, y otros programas relacionados con la escuela. La
computadora portátil era básicamente una tableta gigante, excepto que
no podías descargar aplicaciones de android, tienes que descargarlas de
la tienda de cromo. Dicho esto, para como las primeras dos
semanas que estaba tan enojado, pero luego busqué en la tienda de cromo y
encontró tantas aplicaciones útiles google docs ha sido mi ir a. Puedo acceder a mis archivos desde cualquier lugar que tenga internet. Nunca tengo que llevar una unidad USB o nada. Ha sido un salvavidas en un montón de ocasiones. Y no sólo eso, pero el portátil se actualiza con frecuencia y nunca he tenido un virus o se estrelló. Ha sido mi salvador desde hace bastante tiempo
Jack P.
Winona, MN
A few months before I had bought this chromebook, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite Laptop to replace my older Dell laptop. The Toshiba is amazing, but very heavy, and after my wife bought a chromebook, I decided it seemed like a good idea to have as a carry-around laptop. I purchased it from Amazon Warehouse Deals, and have had it for four months now. I am loving it!

The computer is small and light, and is probably comparable to any other Chromebook on the market. Honestly, there is nothing statistically that sets this apart from other chromebooks; it has 2GB of RAM, a low-end Intel Processor, almost no memory on board, and runs Chrome OS. But what one does get by choosing the Samsung over, say, the Asus or Acer, is the amazing quality of Samsung computers.

There has been some controversy about their computers, but the fact is, this is a Chromebook, it is what it is as fair as pre-loaded programs (there is nothing other than the Chrome OS). But the keyboard is a very intuitive one. On my Toshiba, the keys are stiff and the trackpad is pitiful. These feel very natural, accurate, and all around is one of the best keyboard/trackpad combo I have ever used.

As far as Cons go, there really isn't much to complain about. I suppose if I were to get really picky, the RAM is not great, but that is fine because of a point I will make later. Also, I said that the processor is low-end, but that isn't a bad thing on the Chromebook; actually, it acts in the favor. The Chromebook does not require an amazing processor because it doesn't have much to run, as Chrome OS and the Google apps are the only things that WILL run on this.

There is one large tip I have: get the Chrome Desktop Remote extension from the Chrome Store (different from Google Play). If you have a true computer of any kind and are willing to download Chrome Browser for this, it is worth your time and effort. I am a relatively tech-savvy person, but one should not need to be to figure this out. It sets up a remote control that one can use from their Chromebook to control everything on their other computer (given that the other computer is turned on). This is why I bought the Chromebook and this is why I love it. I do use the Chromebook itself, but I mostly end up using the remote desktop, so I can access my Toshiba, run Windows 10, and use my 8GB RAM, i7 Processor computer without needing to carry the actual computer.

Also, possibly for the more technologically inclined, there is a way that your can revert the Chrome OS back to its Linux running base OS and use it as a true, Linux computer, but you then have the struggle of the processor and the RAM. I have another Samsung Chromebook that I have done this on and where this are not too large of hindrances for my purposes, that is because I have the Toshiba (as well as a work Desktop (Dell)). That being said, if you have the backup computer, it is well worth it to go into the crosh and run it back to Linux. This can, of course, always be reverted by resetting the computer with a powerwash.
Antoinette V.
Rome, NY
I have mixed emotions when it comes to the chrome book. I got it because of college and I thought it was much more than it was. I assumed I would be able to download programs such as Skype, word, and other school related programs. The laptop was just basically a giant tablet, except you couldn't download apps from android, you have to download them from the chrome store. That being said, for like the first couple weeks I was so mad, but then I searched the chrome store and found so many useful apps google docs has been my go to. I can access my files from anywhere that has internet. I never have to carry a USB drive or anything. it's been a life saver on a bunch of occasions. and not only that but the laptop updates frequently and I've never got a virus or crashed. it's been my savior for quite some time now.
January W.
I bought this for my daughter and she loves it. They use these in her school and was recommended to her when we were looking for one. She will be heading to college soon and this will be nice to carry for her it's small, thin and light weight. Really recommended this to people that is looking for the same thing we were. I've used it as well being in charge of the yearbook for my youngest daughter school plus Secretary of the PTO.
Bryan Y.
Provo, UT
This computer is the perfect size for quick and general use in the home and for travel. In the home it's so simple to move around with even just one hand and also use it on the couch while sitting or laying down. Since its economical and sturdy enough I'm not as stressed about breaking it. The keyboard the best one I have tried out if the 6 laptops I have owned and also any other computer I have tried. The trackpad is ok and gets the job done although I wish it was a tad bit more accurate in movements. Overall, great product for the purpose of home and travel internet and computer usage.
Micah S.
Orlando
If you're looking for a streamlined laptop with a crisp display and a battery that lasts all day, I don't think there's a better value out there. starts up in *eight* seconds. never gets bogged down with bloatware.
personally my favorite feature is the impressively high pixel density, far and away the best in its class.
Been using it for 14 months now and couldn't be happier.
Nina G.
San antonio, Tx
This is the labtop i had before i had to buy a hp. I would have never got rid of it because i loved it that much. But it was very easy to use and very user friendly. I used it everyday with school and never had any problems. I told all my family and friends to buy samsungs labtops because they are really really good. If your looking for a labtop you cant go wrong with this one!