Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish uploaded by Shannon M.Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish uploaded by Diane L.Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish uploaded by Samana R.

BY SALLY HANSEN #18 in Nail Polish

Don't just protect nails – shield them! Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ protects brittle nails from chipping, peeling and fading. Take your nails from weak to virtually shatterproof!
As a base coat, our Micro-Polymer formula reinforces nails, boosting strength and flexibility. As a top coat, it protects nail color with a shiny, chip-resistant finish. Get shielded nails that defy damage.
As a base coat: Apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color. As a top coat: Apply 1 coat over dry nail color.
Double your nail protection with Ultimate Shield base and top coat™! A must-have in any serious mani kit.
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Alcohol Denat., Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Benzophenone-1, Acrylates Copolymer,Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Panthenol, D&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60725).

How To Apply:

• As a base coat: Apply to bare nails.Let dry, then apply nail color.
  • As a top coat: Apply 1 coat over dry nail color.

• Is it available in Canada?1 Answers
  • My nails discolour very easily and I'm looking for a base...2 Answers
  • I forgot how much it costs. Can someone tell me. Thanks 2 Answers
Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish
  • "Not only does it help strengthen nails, but for me with continued use it prevents hang nails, increases the length of time that my nail polish stays in tact, and keeps my natural nails white and not yellow from bright color. " in 4 reviews
  • "THIS IS AWESOME I have to paint my nails almost everyday day because the nail polish don't last on my nails but this product is great every time I use this it last me at least an extra day and for me that's great " in 4 reviews
  • "PLUS you can use this as a top coat for those at-home glitter mani's and still get all the shine and luster of the glitter unlike some clears that tend to dull the sparkle." in 4 reviews
  • "This is great as a top coat but used as a base coat or just on its own, it turned my nails yellow. " in 2 reviews
  • "I have never used it as a base coat so I can't write about that." in 1 review
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
This is definitely one of the BEST drugstore Top coats I've ever used. Im not really the type to go to a salon to pay some one to do my nails, I enjoy doing my own nail art & polish & have collected many different kinds of polish & top coats over the years. Sally's top coat shield is definitely in my top 2 most favorite & dependable top coats. What I've learned is that having a great nail polish that doesn't chip or peel right away is what all us girls need & want from polishes but having the best top coat is what really protects your nails from chipping & wearing away quickly. So its important to have a great top coat. Which is why this one is one of my favorites! It definitely gives my nails a beautiful shine & protects any nail polish brand I decide to use on my nails for at least a week to a week and a half! Of high shine and non chipped polish! And there's only one con with this, don't use it as a base coat & a top coat. For some reason it just DOES NOT work, at all. I wish I knew the explanation as to why since this claims to do great at both. It made I to where my Nails just would not dry. But when I use this just as a top coat its absolutely PERFECT! Highly suggest! 💅💅💅
Alexa B.
El Cajon, CA
This product is really good. My nails are naturally strong. I love using this product because it helps my nails. Pros is it's not expensive and it dries fast. Cons is sometimes it picks up color and then it turns yellow. And once it hits the bottom it gets thicker kind of. Making it harder to apply to the nails.Sally Hansen® Advanced Hard As Nails Strengthening Top Coat™
Haley R.
This is my favorite polish to use for my base and top coat. It keeps your nails protected by strengthening them during use. Sometimes I’ll toss it on under a color, and other times I’ll just paint my nails clear. I work in a fast paced restaurant kitchen and will often put it on if I’m ever afraid my nails might rip or break during a crazy shift. Plus, one coat will cover your perfectly and it dries super fast!!!
Grace A.
Reno, NV
I have used salt Hansen for years and for a drugstore nail polish this brand is my go to , it’s long wearing and the base and top goat are my favorite make my polish last a bit longer which is great, I know I like a polish that will last more than 2 days specially when doing them your self. I would say when I do my polish it last me about a week and a half and I’m a mom of 2 so I’m super busy and always washing my hands and when I’m not with my kiddos I’m with my clients doing makeup and eyelash extension so it’s nice having the polish last a little over a week.
Katyria R.
Bayonne
Tenía mis uñas débiles y siempre llevaba uñas de acrílico pero desde junio pasado decidí llevar mis uñas naturales y probé un monton de remedios caceros que la verdad para las que tenemos poco tiempo no son muy efectivos pero este esmalte me ayudó bastante siempre lo llevo conmigo y me pongo mis dos capas de productos y mis uñas han dado un cambio increíble me crecen fuertes y sanas y ya no tengo necesidad de llevar el acrílico.
Shivani P.
This top coat isn’t the worst out there, but I have used a number of top coats that are much better than this one. This feels extremely sticky and does not dry fast on your nails at all. It is also a bit thicker than most top coats, which may be why it doesn’t dry well. I would suggest investing a couple extra dollars on something significantly better.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH
I bought this hoping it would smooth out the ridges in my nails as a base coat. I don’t find it to be a very good base coat at all but works great as a top coat. I think it was around $7-10 which wouldn’t be bad if it could be used as a base and top coat for my nails. I use it bc I have it as a top coat but wouldn’t pay to repurchase it once I run out.
Yogita S.
San Jose
I usually use this as base coat only. It is suitable for top coat only if you have 1 color nail polish. It smudge the stamping polish and so I will not recommend to use this as a top coat for nail art lovers. But 8t gives a good shine to your nail colors. Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish
Jennifer S.
Broken Arrow , OK
Since I've had kids my nails are so brittle, they break if you look at them wrong. I absolutely love this stuff. It not only makes my nails look beautiful, they are stronger than ever. I did go a couple months without doing my nails and I've noticed without it, they go right back to being a brittle mess.
Grace L.
This is a great product. The only downside is that the nail color comes off quicker when I use this as a base coat. This is a two in one, so it is nice, but it’s also not that great on lifespan. It’s easy to apply and take off, it also is totally clear. I would not buy this again, but for now it’s okay.
Samana R.
Hialeah Gardens , FL
I forgot how much it costs. Can someone tell me. Thanks
Ashley M.
My nails discolour very easily and I'm looking for a base coat to stop my nails from yellowing. Thoughts?
Lizzie A.
Montreal , QC
Is it available in Canada?