Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish uploaded by Shannon R.Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish uploaded by Diane L.Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish uploaded by Samana R.

BY SALLY HANSEN #27 in Nail Polish

Don't just protect nails – shield them! Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ protects brittle nails from chipping, peeling and fading. Take your nails from weak to virtually shatterproof!
As a base coat, our Micro-Polymer formula reinforces nails, boosting strength and flexibility. As a top coat, it protects nail color with a shiny, chip-resistant finish. Get shielded nails that defy damage.
As a base coat: Apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color. As a top coat: Apply 1 coat over dry nail color.
Double your nail protection with Ultimate Shield base and top coat™! A must-have in any serious mani kit.
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Alcohol Denat., Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Benzophenone-1, Acrylates Copolymer,Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Panthenol, D&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60725).

How To Apply:

• As a base coat: Apply to bare nails.Let dry, then apply nail color.
  • As a top coat: Apply 1 coat over dry nail color.

• Is it available in Canada?1 Answers
  • My nails discolour very easily and I'm looking for a base coat to...2 Answers
  • I forgot how much it costs. Can someone tell me. Thanks 2 Answers
Sally Hansen® Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat™ Nail Polish
  • "THIS IS AWESOME I have to paint my nails almost everyday day because the nail polish don't last on my nails but this product is great every time I use this it last me at least an extra day and for me that's great " in 4 reviews
  • "PLUS you can use this as a top coat for those at-home glitter mani's and still get all the shine and luster of the glitter unlike some clears that tend to dull the sparkle." in 4 reviews
  • "Not only does it help strengthen nails, but for me with continued use it prevents hang nails, increases the length of time that my nail polish stays in tact, and keeps my natural nails white and not yellow from bright color. " in 4 reviews
  • "This is great as a top coat but used as a base coat or just on its own, it turned my nails yellow. " in 2 reviews
  • "I have never used it as a base coat so I can't write about that." in 1 review
Kristen C.
I wasn’t very impressed at all. I should have known better because anything that is a 3in1 whether it’s shampoo, conditioner, body wash...never does the job. The ingredients in a base are totally different than a top coat. This took forever to dry as a base and was clumpy. As a top coat it took FOREVER to dry and still managed to smudge hours later, and wound up chipping in a day. I’ll stick with my Orly bonder and Seche Vete fast drying top coat
Haley R.
This is my favorite polish to use for my base and top coat. It keeps your nails protected by strengthening them during use. Sometimes I’ll toss it on under a color, and other times I’ll just paint my nails clear. I work in a fast paced restaurant kitchen and will often put it on if I’m ever afraid my nails might rip or break during a crazy shift. Plus, one coat will cover your perfectly and it dries super fast!!!
Chelsea G.
Middletown, CT
I love doing my nails and have tried many different base and top coats. For a drug store brand this product works amazingly well. Used as a base coat it protects my nails well and as a top coat it is super smooth. I’ve seen other reviews that say it’s takes forever to dry but I don’t find it to take any longer than most other brands. I definitely recommend this product.
Grace A.
Reno, NV
I have used salt Hansen for years and for a drugstore nail polish this brand is my go to , it’s long wearing and the base and top goat are my favorite make my polish last a bit longer which is great, I know I like a polish that will last more than 2 days specially when doing them your self. I would say when I do my polish it last me about a week and a half and I’m a mom of 2 so I’m super busy and always washing my hands and when I’m not with my kiddos I’m with my clients doing makeup and eyelash extension so it’s nice having the polish last a little over a week.
Katyria R.
Jersey City, NJ
Tenía mis uñas débiles y siempre llevaba uñas de acrílico pero desde junio pasado decidí llevar mis uñas naturales y probé un monton de remedios caceros que la verdad para las que tenemos poco tiempo no son muy efectivos pero este esmalte me ayudó bastante siempre lo llevo conmigo y me pongo mis dos capas de productos y mis uñas han dado un cambio increíble me crecen fuertes y sanas y ya no tengo necesidad de llevar el acrílico.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH
I bought this hoping it would smooth out the ridges in my nails as a base coat. I don’t find it to be a very good base coat at all but works great as a top coat. I think it was around $7-10 which wouldn’t be bad if it could be used as a base and top coat for my nails. I use it bc I have it as a top coat but wouldn’t pay to repurchase it once I run out.
Karina C.
chicago
This product is so useful I love it so much I’ve been using it for years I would recommend it.Im really into nails stuff I do my nails a lot and this product is always in my bag.This product helps my nails be super healthy and flawless.It is a very affordable product that you can find in many local stores.I use this product on a daily bases.You can keep your nails looking beautiful in an instance without having to go to the beauty salon.This is going to help you save money and keep your nails really pretty I probably said that many more times but it is so true.You will fall in love with this product as much as i am trust me it’s one of the best nail product I’ve used.I will surely suggest to get this product.It is also good for traveling because it is a perfect size.
Denisse M.
Shafter, CA
I bought this thinking it would be a great product. Well, it is a great product but the reason I give it 3 stars is because it takes a long time to dry. Like really long. It feels sticky to the touch after 10 minutes of letting the top coat dry. I wish the formula for this was better so it won’t be sticky.
Jennifer S.
Broken Arrow , OK
Since I've had kids my nails are so brittle, they break if you look at them wrong. I absolutely love this stuff. It not only makes my nails look beautiful, they are stronger than ever. I did go a couple months without doing my nails and I've noticed without it, they go right back to being a brittle mess.
Grace L.
This is a great product. The only downside is that the nail color comes off quicker when I use this as a base coat. This is a two in one, so it is nice, but it’s also not that great on lifespan. It’s easy to apply and take off, it also is totally clear. I would not buy this again, but for now it’s okay.
Samana R.
Hialeah Gardens , FL
I forgot how much it costs. Can someone tell me. Thanks
Ashley M.
My nails discolour very easily and I'm looking for a base coat to stop my nails from yellowing. Thoughts?
Lizzie A.
Montreal , QC
Is it available in Canada?