Sally Hansen Thicken Up! - Strengthening Nail Thickener uploaded by Alison B.

BY SALLY HANSEN #26 in Nail Polish

Layers and layers of protection for nails! Nourishes, hydrates, adds thickness & protection. Protein-enriched formula. *results guaranteed. Gel Complex, fortified with Protein, Trehalose and Retinol deeply penetrates to help nourish nails. You have: Thin, weak brittle nails. You want: Strong nails that resist brittle breaking and cracking. How it works: Advanced gel complex with fortifying Protein, Trehalose and Retinol deeply penetrates brittle nails to nourish hydrate and help strengthen. Reinforces nails against breaking, cracking and splitting. Helps thicken and shield your nails with layers and layers of. see more...

• Is this really effective in long term strengthening?2 Answers
Emely J.
Bronx, NY
Ummmm what do I say... this nail polish did less for me than what I expected. I expected this to be the cure to my nails being weak and I guess that’s where I went wrong when I bought this that was the thought in mind. This nail polish is almost like a regular clear nail polish hardener you would buy anywhere top coat type of thing but it does have a little more firmness to it. I didn’t use it long enough to know if it helps your nails get stronger but it seemed like one of those things you would have to use all the time for the full effect
Kaila H.
Canal Wnchstr, OH
I’m constantly keeping up on my nails. I get gel manicures twice a month. Every now and then though I’ll get in a mood to just let my fingers breath and so I’ll ask my nail girl to remove the gel polish. She cleans them up and applies a layer of clear polish and suggested I buy a hardening and this is what I bought. It really does revive your nails, but the scent is incredibly strong. So strong that it gives me a headache 9/10. Other than that, I highly recommend.
Amber R.
Hyde, PA
I love this product! After getting pregnant with my son my nails go so brittle and thin. I seen Sally Hansen had just came out with this nail hardner so i decided to givr it a try. It is do easy to use its just like painting your nails. I could see a difference in my nails the very next day. I couldn' believe it, it was a miracle. I would recommend this to anyone who is constantly chipping their nails or have a hard time growing them out do to thin nails.
Micha H.
Bristol, VA
I don’t remember too much about this product. I do remember thinking what is the difference between this and clear nail polish? It did not do too much for me. No tricks to apply, just straight forward brush it on let it dry. It would probably work better for someone who has nicer nails to begin with. My nails have ridges and curl under if I let them grow out too long and this product doesn’t fix anything.
Aly R.
I do love this and I try to use it as often as possible. I love the shine it gives my nails and I do notice they thicken up just a tad. But this might be biased bc my nails are always extremely thin and break off way too easily. So I can't really blame it on this product for not doing its job. When I use it it's great. So I recommend.
Alison B.
This is my go to clear coat nail polish for when I don’t want to worry about chipped colors. It keeps my nails strong and prevents them from peeling off if they get too long. Even if they grow out, it’s not noticeable so it’s very low maintenance.
Sarai М.
Definitely does the trick and doesn’t chip as much as some others I’ve used. I wouldn’t call it a nail strengthener really, it’s more like a hard coated shell around your nail that protects it. My nails are pretty week in general so they still break but if I keep up with putting this on it works pretty well.
Tawny O.
Amarillo, TX
I really notice a difference in my finger and toe nails after using this product. My nails have always been thin and brittle. With this polish my nails look and feel stronger. I have not broken a single nail since using this product, I would highly recommend to someone trying to grow their nails out.
Victoria N.
I love using this treatment on my nails! I truly notice a difference in my nails and they just look and feel strong and healthy. Only reason this didn’t get 5-stars is bc i don’t really like this under or over a polish as it tends to be thicker than most strengtheners but by itself it works wonders!
Sloan G.
Tampa, FL
I can’t tell if it worked or not. I don’t have the strongest nails to begin with, so it’s hard to tell when there’s been a change, because even with some strengthening my nails are still weak. This product is OK and may work if you have naturally good nails that took a beating. As for me, it’s not worth it as I’ve found another product that works WAY better (but it’s triple the price). The bottom line is, if you have really thin fragile nails like me, this won’t work for you and you should invest in the nicer stuff. But if you just had acrylics or peeled off your gel polish, this would be good for giving your nails the boost they need.
Asma S.
Arlington, TX
Is this really effective in long term strengthening?