4 colors available

BY SALLY HANSEN

Sally Hansen Special Effect. see more...

• Some nail polishes chip quickly. Did any of you notice this polish ...2 Answers
  • No, it's just a matte finish, which I guess kind of looks like velv...1 Answers
  • Does it really have a "velvet" texture?2 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Chelsey S.
Chelsey S.
Review for: Velour
I really liked the color of this polish after 2 coats. I bought it because it was springy and I like the matte coats. It goes on really easily, and dries almost instantly. The next day, it was chipping. Obviously you can't put a strong clear coat over it. It's nice if it's for one day. Such a pretty color, but not worth the chipping. Also, I kept feeling my nails because it felt different than a normal matte. It has texture, which is pretty cool.
Rosa G.
Rosa G.
Review for: Velour
Well this color is a nice vibrant purple. I really liked it. I guess one of the things I didn't like about this was that I had to apply like a good 4-5 coats just get that nice purple color. it probably chipped about the 3rd day. I bought this at my local Walmart, I got it at a decent price, it wasn't too expensive.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Roebuck, SC
It's almost impossible to get an even application with this polish. One coat is not enough, two coats looks like ten. It takes forever to dry and it chips within a couple of days. I've tried both Velour (purple) and Lavish (burgundy) with the same sad results :( Too bad, because the colors are beautiful.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Review for: Velveteen
Chic black is always a great color to keep on hand its fast to apply and goes with every outfit. Yes I would recommend this to family and friends. It's a very good price and a very good value. I would definitely buy this again. This is a basic to keep in the cabinet.
MacKenzie P.
MacKenzie P.
Omaha, NE
Review for: Lavish
I absolutely would recommend this polish! Perfect color for Fall, plus it is smooth and easy to apply. I also love that it dries quickly! The only disadvantage is more than one coat looks clumpy but the first coat is too light for the color.
Haseena j.
Haseena j.
Review for: Velour
Worst polish line ever. i hated it! I bought all the colors in this thinking i was going to love them. they don't last long at all, they are thick and are to work with, and they made a bigger mess when it came to clean up
Christine V.
Christine V.
Review for: Lavish
This polish just made a mess of my hands. It was clumpy going on even though I did very thin coats. It dried very uneven, and when I tried to take it off it really stained my hands and nails. Definitely not a fan.
Taylor Y.
Taylor Y.
Review for: Velour
I absolutely love Sally Hansen Special Effect Velveteen nail polish. The range of colors they have is amazing and the staying power of the nail polish is great.
Bailey M.
Bailey M.
Review for: Lavish
I really like this. Its like a matte..only "velvet" :) you only need one coat I think though. When I put 2 on it made the texture weird and too thick.
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Ft Leavenworth , KS
Review for: Velour
This color is so pretty and dally Hansen has the best nail products. The color last a long time and does not cheap. Cheap and can find in drug stores
Adrian K.
Adrian K.
Junction City, KS
Some nail polishes chip quickly. Did any of you notice this polish chipping badly? I know some is normal after 4 or 5 days, but sooner than that is annoying...
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Does it really have a "velvet" texture?
Krystal G.
Krystal G.
Irwin, PA
No, it's just a matte finish, which I guess kind of looks like velvet from far away. It's a bit of a stretch, though.