by Sally Hansen
Ask a Question
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA

Anyone try to put a crackle polish over these strips? I'm tempted to, but don't want to try it lest I ruin a perfectly good manicure....
Eleanor M.
Eleanor M.
June 15, 2016, 9:22 a.m.
I usually apply a layer of clear top coat after applying the strips, they last longer and my nails look shinier. One time I accidentally used a crackle polish and it looked great, so I say go for it. Hope this helps!
Lauren J.
Lauren J.
Aug. 20, 2013, 11:10 p.m.
I always top coat mine, I don't see why a crackle or other finish would hurt them.
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Oct. 28, 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Just make sure to put on a top coat because crackle only works with an actual polish!
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Oct. 22, 2012, 6:53 a.m.
I do not know that you will get the desired effect
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
Oct. 18, 2012, 2:51 a.m.
I have I used one by O.P.I. (those crackles usually say to use a top coat) worked great :)
Shaheera J.
Shaheera J.
Oct. 14, 2012, 7:39 a.m.
I wouldn't try it and risk ruining a perfect nail design.
Kendra J.
Kendra J.
Oct. 11, 2012, 2:20 p.m.
Yes :( I tried it and it totally didn't work. It made the salon strip come off
lisa R.
lisa R.
Oct. 10, 2012, 6:25 p.m.
I tried before and it just peeled right off!
Jaimie S.
Jaimie S.
Oct. 8, 2012, 3:56 p.m.
I wouldn't recommend it because the strips are already an effect on your nails so putting crackle polish would ruin it. My sister tried it out and it ruined her manicure.
Oct. 8, 2012, 10:38 a.m.
You can't put polish over their destroy you strips
Oct. 6, 2012, 8:36 p.m.
Well the nail polish strips has like a oil-ish feel on top, i don't think that it will stay....try putting a top coat on it. i do hope that it will work out fir you!
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Oct. 5, 2012, 10:30 a.m.
Just be sure to use a good topcoat first! Crackle only works on top of other polish.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Sarah-Nicole M.
Oct. 4, 2012, 10:37 p.m.
I've done it and hadn't had an issue! I've also put matte top coats over metallic ones and it looks awesome!
Kelly S.
Kelly S.
Oct. 3, 2012, 3:29 a.m.
Oh I just tried it because you asked and yes I didn't have an issue!
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.
Oct. 2, 2012, 2:48 p.m.
Since they come with a couple of extras I'd recommend trying it with the top coat on one nail and letting it dry for an hour or so. That should give you the ability to see if it will work as a full manicure.
Gisselle M.
Gisselle M.
Sept. 30, 2012, 7:14 p.m.
Don't try it!!! I did and ruined the nails -___-
Jacqueline C.
Jacqueline C.
Sept. 29, 2012, 4:53 p.m.
Crackle nail polishes are for original nail polish. Although this Sally Hansen polish strips are based on the nail polishes, it is still a sticker. Crackle shrivels and dries up as acrylic paint hence the cracks. So if you are tempted, definitely try ontop of dried top coat to protect your strip.
Rose G.
Rose G.
Sept. 29, 2012, 11:04 a.m.
They are not the best for that but if you really want to try it out and have it possibly work my suggestion would be to first do a clear coat on the naked nail, when it is tacky apply the strip and then a second coat of clear. Let dry completely! I am talking like an hour or so later no matter what clear you use. Then apply the crackle. Hope this helps.
Amber M.
Amber M.
Sept. 29, 2012, 8:12 a.m.
I did it with out the top coat and it peels right off after it drys and ruins the strips.....try with a top coat first
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
Sept. 28, 2012, 8:44 p.m.
I have not, but as far as I'm aware most crackle polishes work best over a top coat so maybe you could apply the strips, put on a top coat, and then crackle. Hopefully that works!

Join Now