Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Nail PolishInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY SALLY HANSEN #30 in Nail Polish

A breakthrough in gel polish! sally hansen miracle gel nail polish, the true 2 - step gel manicure with no light needed, up to 14 days of color and shine. create a look that feels professional yet is easily achieved and removed at home.

How To Use:

Step 1: Start with clean, dry nails. No base coat needed. Apply 2 coats of Miracle Gel Color. Let dry. Step 2: Activate curing with 1 coat of Miracle Gel Top Coat.

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide / Epoxy Resin, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Silica, Triphenyl Phosphate, Bis (Glycidoxyphenyl) Propane / Bisaminomethylnorbornane Copolymer, Glycidyl, Neodecanoate / Phthalic Anhydride / Tmp Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water / Eau), Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Glycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isosorbide Dicaprylate / Caprate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Diacetone Alcohol, Etocrylene, Kaolin, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Ipdi / Ppg - 15 Glyceryl Ether Copolymer, Polyurethane - 11, Acrylates / Dimethicone Copolymer, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phosphoric Acid, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lithothamnion Calcareum Extract, Tin Oxide, Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg / Ppg - 10 / 1 Dimethicone, Styrene / Acrylates Copolymer, Mannitol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyvinyl Butyral, Solum Diatomeae / Diatomaceous Earth / Terre De Diatomees, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Zinc Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), D & C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (Ci 15850), D & C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (Ci 15850), Fd & C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake (Ci 19140), D & C Red No. 34 Calcium Lake (Ci 15880), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Fd & C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (Ci 42090), D & C Black No. 2 (Ci 77266), D & C Red No. 28 (Ci 45410), D & C Yellow No. 11 (Ci 47000), D & C Violet No. 2

• Is this one of those shimmery colors or is it regular gloss?1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it...34 Answers
  • Comment if u want some sally hansen gel polish ...Am giving away ...3 Answers
Amanda L.
Emporia, KS
Review for: Terra-Coppa, Totem-ly Yours more...
First, I've been using this polish for several years now — and I love it. I usually get a solid 10-14 days of wear with this polish, and that's saying something since I work full time, have three kiddos, AND do metalsmithing / hand engraving for my jewelry business.

Let me give some tips to anyone trying this without success! First, make sure your nails are clean and oil-free. Remove any previous polish with 100% acetone. Push back and clean up your cuticles. Then use a cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol to remove any leftover oils from the nail. This helps with all polish and wraps, including Jamberry, by the way!

1) You need to do THREE thin (and I mean *thin*) layers, letting each one dry in between. This polish dries very quickly in thin layers.

2) Do one swipe to cover most, if not all, of the nail. Don't overload your brush.

3) After you have your three layers, do two THIN coats of the Miracle Gel top coat, letting the coats dry in between.

If you are getting any impressions on your nails by touching them after several minutes, your layers are too thick. Try thinner next time, or remove what you have and start again.

I've tested with 1 thick coat, 2 thin coats, and 3 thin coats, each with 1 and then 2 top coats. The 3 thin coats with 2 top coats works the best!
Minneapolis , MN
Review for: Proper P - Rose more...
Ok, to be fair, I may need to give this another go, but my first go-around with the nail polish left me incredibly underwhelmed.

So, a few things - I do really like the color. It's a very pretty, deep pink color that can accent a lot of neutral colors very well. Also, the application process was simple.

Now, for the actual polish itself? Maybe I applied it incorrectly, but I put the polish on at night, went to bed, and the next morning when I woke up, it was already chipped off of my nails! I was super disappointed because I was really looking forward to having long-lasting gel-like polish on my fingers. I put the polish on on Monday, and it's now Thursday and my nails look awful.

Like I said, I'm going to give it another go-around because maybe I did something incorrectly, but so far, I really can't give this product a higher recommendation. If I would have spend any money on it, I would have been very upset.

We'll see how round 2 goes, but from a first impression - not so great...
lexy w.
Longwood, FL
Review for: Red - Y, Set, Run! more...
I do love sally Hansen products very much. However, this is not one of those products. The price is alright. The product itself in comparison to other gel polishes is not great. It does not dry down in sixty seconds as advertised. It's very gooey, and with it not drying down quick enough leaves room for a lot of polish stained places. I understand this is an at home alternative for the salon. I personally would rather spend the twenty dollars to go have this done in the chair . It isn't worth ruining your clothes, carpet or something nearest you. These bottles tend to get clumpy and gooey quickly. I wouldn't recommend, but I also wouldn't pick it out of a line up to bad mouth it. My experience with these hasn't been great. I think this is different for everyone. So if you really want to know the tea, try it for yourself.
Frangely T.
Miramar, FL
Review for: Get Mod, Jealous Boyfriend more...
I received these in my first Voxbox along with the Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Top Coat. Because I use Nexgen on my fingernails (acrylic dip powder), I'm basing my review on my toes. With Get Mod, it is a beautiful white creme, but applying it wasn't as easy as I had hoped. I had to use 3 coats to get the white as opaque as I like it. Jealous Boyfriend was opaque with just 2 coats.
Although I love the colors, I'm not a big fan of the consistency of the polishes. It is thin, as gel polishes are, but it was too thin for me to get control of where I was applying the polish on my nails. However, it has lasted a week and there are no chips, so I'm very happy with that. Give it a try, but I recommend you be ready to do cleaning up around the cuticles (I use a brush and some pure acetone).
Cheryl S.
Saint George
Review for: Tea Party more...
I am completely blown away by this product. I'm litteraly shook. I purchased it thinking it was a standard gel polish but then noticed it said no light. It went on super smooth and easy with a nice flat brush. The drying time was almost instant. I'd finish one nail and the previous one would be dry. The shade I used 669 lets get digital did take a few coats for full opacity but it would make a wonderful topper. It lasted a full two weeks with no chips and came off gust like regular nail polish. No soaking. What impressed me the most was how fast it dryed coupled with how well it wore and the ease of removal. I could do a full manicure in under three minutes and have it last two weeks. I will defiantly be getting more shade of this. It may even replace my beloved gel polish.
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
Review for: Off With Her Red, Tidal Wave, Wine Stock more...
I really wanted to like this product because it would have made my life so much easier and not having to do my gel manicures but I find that it really didn't work with me. I usually get gel manicures because regular nail polish won't last me Beyond a day I think maybe because I have oily nail beds. I tried this product and the nail polish lasted me anywhere between 2 days to about 6 days depending on the color. I find that for people who have nail beds that do well with regular nail polish also do well with this nail polish. They do have beautiful colors and it's really easy application because it cures and regular light but if you find that your nails have difficulty holding on to regular polish and a regular manicure then I would not try this product.
Betty Ann A.
Winter Haven, FL
I've used lots of different types of polish over the years from cheap to mid range prices. Lately I've only been using Sally Hansen's Miracle Gels. I've found the colors to be rich & beautiful, and the formula to be long lasting...and I love that you don't have to have any other equipment in order to get a very nice, long lasting gel manicure. I currently have Ruby Shimmers, a beautiful glittery red colored topper...it's too sheer to use on its own, but it's great over reds & burgundys. Bordeaux Glow, a gorgeous burgundy...Too Haute, a deep, iridescent violet color...and most recently Red-y, Set, Run, a very nice Christmas colored red. I love all of them & highly recommend trying them out. Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Nail Polish
Marionette D.
Dade City, FL
The nail polish glides smoothly during application. I applied 2 coats as instructed and it came out beautifully! To finish it off, I applied 1 coat of the Miracle Gel Top Coat and it shines with elegance! I read some reviews that the drying time was way too long. But from my own experience, the nail polish dries out fast. And it couldn't be faster without the help of my Panda Nail Polish Dryer. For the "long-lasting" claim, I might say it won't last 14 days if you are constantly using your hands. Although for the 6 days that I am wearing this nail polish, there is only one finger that chips out at the tip, everything still looks great. I might say it will last for about 8-10 days in total given that I am consistently using my hands to do all sort of things - cooking, cleaning, washing the dishes, opening packages, etc. But with all the nail polishes that I tried before, I will have to say that this is by far the best.
Leah F.
Irvine, CA
Review for: Proper P - Rose, Dig Fig more...
I'm not a graceful girl, so I don't often wear nail polish. So when I knew I was getting a Sally Hansen VoxBox, I was wary at first. The came with two beautiful shades of pink (light and dark). Sally Hansen product comes out of the bottle to nail so nicely and the colors are so bright. They seemed to last much longer thanks to the gel top coat (which I have always been wanting to try out on my own, instead of the salon). I was able to keep them on during tech rehearsal and my normal school day. I'm so glad I received this product from Influenster for free but that no way changes my thought or opinions. Try it out for yourself!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Cabernet With Bae more...
I lpve OPI, Morgan Taylor and Butter London. They are really good. But they don't have much over this collection. I have used it for years. I own many many colors and I keep my nails painted constantly. I have quite a collection of nail polish and if I have the color I'm looking for in this brand I use it over anything else.
The formula is what kills it for me. One coat and you've got nice, opaque color. Two coats and it really does look like a gel manicure. Add the top coat and you shouldn't be able to get that look at home for that price. The top coat is what makes it perfect and its the only top coat I will use with any nail polish but honestly this could almost stand on its own if I wasn't so hard against not using a top coat if you want your polish to last and look great.
The collection is amazing. The color selection is so unique and they have literally everything. There's no look you can't achieve with the colors they have. And they're constantly adding more. Its amazing.
They are also so affordable and so easy to find at any big chain store whether it be a big box store like Wal-Mart or a pharmacy like Walgreens or even a place like family dollar you can find an amazing selection from this collection at an amazing price that's affordable to almost anyone.
This will always be my favorite nail polish. There's nothing it doesn't do for me that I could want. It's a fantasy polish and I totally recommend them to anyone beginner or pro.
Brittany L.
Does this product ruin your nails?
Lynchelle D.
Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it does the same job.
Kristy S.
I really wanna try the sally Hansen miracle gel! I need a long lasting nail polish. has anyone tried the miracle gel? does it chip? how's the color?
I've always wanted to try this! What color are your faves?
Kate B.
Ever since I saw this at the store, I wanted to try this but never got the chance to. Regular nail polish does not last on my finger nails at all. Has anybody that also has problems with regular nail polish not lasting try this? How long did it last for you?