Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Nail PolishInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY SALLY HANSEN #43 in Nail Polish

NEW Miracle Gel™ The ONLY TRUE 2-STEP GEL MANICURE with no light needed. Over 45 shades that wow! And it's only from Sally Hansen®, leading the revolution in gel technology.

Miracle Gel™ provides up to 14 days of color & shine. Removes like a regular nail polish.

Technology

• Patented & exclusive gel color system
  • Natural-light-curing technology

Benefits

• No UV/LED light needed
  • 2 simple steps (color + top coat)
  • Increased wear & durability over time
  • Easy, soak free removal
  • No base coat needed
  • Removes like a regular nail polish

• Is this one of those shimmery colors or is it regular gloss?1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it...33 Answers
Amanda L.
Emporia, KS
Review for: Terra-Coppa, Totem-ly Yours more...
First, I've been using this polish for several years now — and I love it. I usually get a solid 10-14 days of wear with this polish, and that's saying something since I work full time, have three kiddos, AND do metalsmithing / hand engraving for my jewelry business.

Let me give some tips to anyone trying this without success! First, make sure your nails are clean and oil-free. Remove any previous polish with 100% acetone. Push back and clean up your cuticles. Then use a cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol to remove any leftover oils from the nail. This helps with all polish and wraps, including Jamberry, by the way!

1) You need to do THREE thin (and I mean *thin*) layers, letting each one dry in between. This polish dries very quickly in thin layers.

2) Do one swipe to cover most, if not all, of the nail. Don't overload your brush.

3) After you have your three layers, do two THIN coats of the Miracle Gel top coat, letting the coats dry in between.

If you are getting any impressions on your nails by touching them after several minutes, your layers are too thick. Try thinner next time, or remove what you have and start again.

I've tested with 1 thick coat, 2 thin coats, and 3 thin coats, each with 1 and then 2 top coats. The 3 thin coats with 2 top coats works the best!
Cassie C.
Review for: Boho-a-Go-Go more...
Okay so this brand it great! The idea of this nail polish is to mimic a gel manicure and it kind of succeeds! It has a wide brush which makes application easy. The color is great, it's thick and it dries pretty fast. Compared to other nail polishes, this brand certainly lasts me a much longer time before it chips which makes me feel like it is definitely worth the small extra price. If you don't use the brand's clear cote, however, I feel like it doesn't work as well, but that's okay. It still lasts longer than other polishes. To remove it from your nails, it is a little more effort and work. Just like any gel manicure, it is more difficult to remove. It literally takes like 2 more minutes to remove but I can understand why that might be frustrating for some people. I do recommend this nail polish because it is so easy and long lasting. I got mine at CVS pharmacy and I will continue to buy this brand.
Cheryl S.
Saint George
Review for: Tea Party more...
I am completely blown away by this product. I'm litteraly shook. I purchased it thinking it was a standard gel polish but then noticed it said no light. It went on super smooth and easy with a nice flat brush. The drying time was almost instant. I'd finish one nail and the previous one would be dry. The shade I used 669 lets get digital did take a few coats for full opacity but it would make a wonderful topper. It lasted a full two weeks with no chips and came off gust like regular nail polish. No soaking. What impressed me the most was how fast it dryed coupled with how well it wore and the ease of removal. I could do a full manicure in under three minutes and have it last two weeks. I will defiantly be getting more shade of this. It may even replace my beloved gel polish.
Jaine R.
windsor, CT
Review for: Off With Her Red, Tidal Wave, Wine Stock more...
I really wanted to like this product because it would have made my life so much easier and not having to do my gel manicures but I find that it really didn't work with me. I usually get gel manicures because regular nail polish won't last me Beyond a day I think maybe because I have oily nail beds. I tried this product and the nail polish lasted me anywhere between 2 days to about 6 days depending on the color. I find that for people who have nail beds that do well with regular nail polish also do well with this nail polish. They do have beautiful colors and it's really easy application because it cures and regular light but if you find that your nails have difficulty holding on to regular polish and a regular manicure then I would not try this product.
Betty Ann A.
Winter Haven, FL
I've used lots of different types of polish over the years from cheap to mid range prices. Lately I've only been using Sally Hansen's Miracle Gels. I've found the colors to be rich & beautiful, and the formula to be long lasting...and I love that you don't have to have any other equipment in order to get a very nice, long lasting gel manicure. I currently have Ruby Shimmers, a beautiful glittery red colored topper...it's too sheer to use on its own, but it's great over reds & burgundys. Bordeaux Glow, a gorgeous burgundy...Too Haute, a deep, iridescent violet color...and most recently Red-y, Set, Run, a very nice Christmas colored red. I love all of them & highly recommend trying them out. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish
BriAnna W.
Resaca, GA
Review for: Tea Party, Other more...
Sally Hansen's miracle gel polish is the bomb! I purchased the colors Tea Party(I got it in a pack, it came with a free gel top coat), as well as Slicks & Stones. These shades are gorgeous! Tea Party is a baby blue to pink duochrome/iridescent shade that changes colors depending on what color is underneath, and Slicks & Stones is a beautiful oil slick purple, red, orange color. The polish is long lasting & dries super fast, no complaints here!
Hint: Tea Party is very light so you will need at least 3 coats if you want full opacity. For Slicks & Stones you really only need one coat but I usually do two.
Marcie M.
Davison , MI
Review for: Mad Women more...
This is a very pretty color that goes on really smooth and dries very quickly. I really love the angle of the brush because it covers your whole nail basically in one swipe. The color shows up very nice but you do have to put on about three coats. When you put on your first coat it looks almost Matte,B but as you keep applying more coats, it dries more shiny.I think for the product that it is affordable and I would definitely buy again.
Adriana🐢 R.
Review for: Red Eye, Sugar Fix, Other more...
I really like these nail polishes! The formula is really easy to work with and apply, and the colors are really nice and pigmented! I’m constantly working with my hands, and these do last quite a bit on my nails! The only downside that I’ve seen is that after a couple of days, the nail polish will look like it’s cracked on my nails. I don’t know how to really explain it, and it’s only noticeable if you look closely, but I also understand since I do put my hands through a lot. I would definitely recommend this product!
Jess B.
Bowmanstown, PA
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish is one of my current favorite brands. The life of the polish before chipping isn't what I'd hoped. It lasts a week, tops. But what I love so much about it is the wide, flat brush, which facilitates a more even application. The drying time is also fantastic! The range of colors is huge. Definitely recommend it.
Monica S.
Winslow
Review for: Other more...
I was very excited to try the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish, only to be disappointed by how long it lasted. I will admit upfront that I am hard on my hands, but this product boasts up to two weeks of wear without chipping or pealing.
I liked the wide brush, it made application go quickly and smoothly. I applied two coats of the color and two coats of the topcoat. It took a long time to dry. After two days I had major chipping on my fingernails. Every single one of them.
It was expensive for the quality, I paid $7.99 for the color and $7.99 for the top coat at Rite Aid. This would have been a bargain if I had actually received two weeks of wear, but after a few days I had to remove the polish. Which was a nightmare all on it's own. It was terrible to remove, which was funny considering how easily it had chipped.
The only reason that I gave it a 2 star is because it worked better as a pedicure product than regular nail polish. I would not purchase again.
Brittany L.
Does this product ruin your nails?
Lynchelle D.
Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it does the same job.
ELAINE B.
Newark, CA
I've always wanted to try this! What color are your faves?
Kristy S.
I really wanna try the sally Hansen miracle gel! I need a long lasting nail polish. has anyone tried the miracle gel? does it chip? how's the color?
Kate B.
Ever since I saw this at the store, I wanted to try this but never got the chance to. Regular nail polish does not last on my finger nails at all. Has anybody that also has problems with regular nail polish not lasting try this? How long did it last for you?