Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Nail PolishInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY SALLY HANSEN

A breakthrough in gel polish! sally hansen miracle gel nail polish, the true 2 - step gel manicure with no light needed, up to 14 days of color and shine. create a look that feels professional yet is easily achieved and removed at home.

How To Use:

Step 1: Start with clean, dry nails. No base coat needed. Apply 2 coats of Miracle Gel Color. Let dry. Step 2: Activate curing with 1 coat of Miracle Gel Top Coat.

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide / Epoxy Resin, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Silica, Triphenyl Phosphate, Bis (Glycidoxyphenyl) Propane / Bisaminomethylnorbornane Copolymer, Glycidyl, Neodecanoate / Phthalic Anhydride / Tmp Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water / Eau), Adipic Acid / Neopentyl Glycol / Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isosorbide Dicaprylate / Caprate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Diacetone Alcohol, Etocrylene, Kaolin, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate / Ipdi / Ppg - 15 Glyceryl Ether Copolymer, Polyurethane - 11, Acrylates / Dimethicone Copolymer, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phosphoric Acid, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lithothamnion Calcareum Extract, Tin Oxide, Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg / Ppg - 10 / 1 Dimethicone, Styrene / Acrylates Copolymer, Mannitol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyvinyl Butyral, Solum Diatomeae / Diatomaceous Earth / Terre De Diatomees, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Zinc Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), D & C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (Ci 15850), D & C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (Ci 15850), Fd & C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake (Ci 19140), D & C Red No. 34 Calcium Lake (Ci 15880), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Fd & C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (Ci 42090), D & C Black No. 2 (Ci 77266), D & C Red No. 28 (Ci 45410), D & C Yellow No. 11 (Ci 47000), D & C Violet No. 2

• Comment if u want some sally hansen gel polish ...Am givi...6 Answers
  • Is this one of those shimmery colors or is it regular gloss?1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and s...35 Answers
Anna H.
Pullman, WA
Review for: Shhhh - immer more...
I love the color shhh-immer. It’s so unique and beautiful for every day or for special occasions. It’s a nude shimmer shade with pink/rose gold shift. The color shift is so much more noticeable in person than in photos so if you’re interested in this shade I recommend you see it in person. This shade is somewhat sheer but can be built up with 2 or 3 coats depending on preference (I used 2 coats in the picture I tagged) It looks pretty with just one coat alone or one coat over a different color. It’s decently long lasting and I like it with and without the gel top coat they recommend with it. I loved the brush for the polish, it’s one of the thicker style brushes. The formula for the color is thin and smooth, layered well, and dries quickly. The formula for the top coat was thick but easy to apply and also dried surprisingly quickly as well — I would like to say I am reviewing this as a regular nail polish only, not as a gel. I would not consider these polishes to be “gel” whatsoever and I think you can use them without the “activator” top coat and with any normal top coat. I only have one color in this line plus the top coat and there can be variances between shades. Anyway if you’re into color shift or sparkly nails I highly recommend this color for your collection ✨
XENA K.
Las Vegas
Review for: Other more...
The cons outweigh the pros and I don't think I'll be buying this product again.
Pros:
- Long lasting.

It would last so long and it doesn't chip! I use my hands a lot and weight lift. This is a big plus since most nail polish always chip within a couple days. But that's it. That's literally the only good thing about this product.
Cons:
- Difficult to apply. Thin layer and it looks streaky. Thick layer and it has bubbles.
- Brush applicator is hard to work with since it's stiff.
- Takes FOREVER to dry.
- The topcoat sucks. It is thick and no matter how thin of a layer I applied, there were always bubbles.
- Difficult to remove. I would use one cotton ball per nail.

I read the other reviews and I start thinking that maybe I was applying it wrong or maybe I received bad products. I used this for a month and a half (applying weekly) thinking I would get better at applying it but NOPE. There were always bubbles.
erika g.
Iowa
Review for: Plush Blush more...
I love this nail polish it lasts up to 1 week usually nail polishes start chipping after the 3rd day but not this one it lasts for alilong time and if you dont want.to wear it any more it comes right of with nail.polish remover all the colors are gorgepus i got the color plush blush i really reccomed it if you dont like to wear very vibriant colors and like colors that are more neutral the n color plush blush is a pearly light pink color it us perfect to any age I also like this because it has a great variety of colors and the price is very reasonable for what the out come is if you want your polish to last i recommend doing 3-4 layers and letting it dry completely if you domany acticities that may be harsh on toue nails i recommend letting each layer dry before you put on the next. If you want a very opaque color i also recommend layering the polish this polish does not clump up when layering like others in all i really reccomed if u use it like i explained because it lasts for about a week
Sierra S.
Kansas City, MO
Review for: Pretty Piggy more...
Okay, I have a love-hate relationship with this polish and right now it’s leaning more toward the hate. I like the shade variety, but I hate HATE how easy this polish chips and how difficult is to get off!

Pros:
*Okay price. At 7.49 a bottle, it ain’t winning any inexpensive awards, but it’s not the most expensive polish out there. It’s just meh.
*Good shade variety: There are a ton of colors out there of these polishes, which I think is pretty cool. If you can name a color they’ve got it.
*Quick drying: This polish dries crazy quick. Like a few minutes quick. I love it because I tend to be impatient, and I don’t want to have to wait a while for my nails to dry.

Cons:
* Polish chips and cracks SOOO easily. Like within one day of putting it on, little lines will appear in my polish. Then a couple days later it begins to just kind of flake off and chip. I at first thought it was because I skipped a bass coat, so I used one. Nope, same thing. Thought maybe I was a little too quick to put on the top coat. Nope, same thing. I’m annoyed that I spent $15 in polish (cuz you have to buy the top coat and color coat, otherwise it won’t work) for it to chip in a few days! I could’ve gotten a salon gel mani instead!
*Product is difficult to remove: Removing this nail polish sucks! Like I’m talking multiple cotton balls per nail sucks. It just doesn’t wanna come off, even if it’s reached that gross cracked stage.

Don’t recommend. Save your money for some good quality nail polish.
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
Review for: Off With Her Red, Tidal Wave, Wine Stock more...
I really wanted to like this product because it would have made my life so much easier and not having to do my gel manicures but I find that it really didn't work with me. I usually get gel manicures because regular nail polish won't last me Beyond a day I think maybe because I have oily nail beds. I tried this product and the nail polish lasted me anywhere between 2 days to about 6 days depending on the color. I find that for people who have nail beds that do well with regular nail polish also do well with this nail polish. They do have beautiful colors and it's really easy application because it cures and regular light but if you find that your nails have difficulty holding on to regular polish and a regular manicure then I would not try this product.
Lindsey K.
Louisa
Review for: Blacky O more...
Wow! Let me first begin by saying that I am in no way what you would call "good" at doing my nails. So for me to be able to paint my nails and have them come out somewhat decent looking is a miracle in itself.

I was in a mood and decided to match it with some black nail polish, and when I saw this on the shelves I had to try it. Gel nails at home? Pssh. Naw.

Well, I can attest to the fact that this nail polish lives up to its promise. After applying two coats of the color of your choice (the first one wasn't quite opaque), you apply the "top coat" product (step #2) to set it. The brush is thick which does a great job of covering the nail, but the polish felt very thin, and for some reason the brush just kept dripping polish out of nowhere down the brush handle, so I had to make sure my coats weren't too thick- which, in hindsight, they probably were but it STILL worked.

It has been 15 minutes since I applied the polish and they look so beautiful- shiny, streak-freak, and sleek as all get-out. My husband will never believe I did this myself!

At a price point of around $11 per bottle, plus another $11 for the top coat it is expensive. But, this is quality stuff here and if it saves me a trip to the salon I'm all for that. Great product!
Marionette D.
Dade City, FL
The nail polish glides smoothly during application. I applied 2 coats as instructed and it came out beautifully! To finish it off, I applied 1 coat of the Miracle Gel Top Coat and it shines with elegance! I read some reviews that the drying time was way too long. But from my own experience, the nail polish dries out fast. And it couldn't be faster without the help of my Panda Nail Polish Dryer. For the "long-lasting" claim, I might say it won't last 14 days if you are constantly using your hands. Although for the 6 days that I am wearing this nail polish, there is only one finger that chips out at the tip, everything still looks great. I might say it will last for about 8-10 days in total given that I am consistently using my hands to do all sort of things - cooking, cleaning, washing the dishes, opening packages, etc. But with all the nail polishes that I tried before, I will have to say that this is by far the best.
Angie S.
I love getting a professional gel manicure. I’m very rough with my nails & I find that a gel manicure is perfect for me in that regard. My manicure lasts forever... literally, my manicure will last until I go to have my nails redone with no chips or lifting AT ALL! So when I saw the Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Nail Polish I immediately needed to try it to see if I could get the same long-lasting gel manicure, I love so much from the nail salon, at home. It was terrible. It barely lasted a day. It lifted like crazy, and then it just kept flaking off bit by bit until all my polish was completely off my nail. Sorry Sally, but for gel polish, I’m sticking to the nail salon.
Helene J.
Elizabethton , TN
Review for: Adrenaline Crush more...
So I am a makeup and nail polish junkie. I love Essie polish I use their primer, base coat, top coat just love them. Decided to go off the beaten path and try the miracle gel sounded so great. Well application and price was fine. It dried way faster than I ever expected and looked so beautiful. By day 2 I did have some things to do out side with my husband and they chipped so easily. I really didn’t care because my left hand was still in tact so I decided I’d just take off my right hand and start over... and that’s when the trouble started. My nails were so brittle and chipping and weak it was awful. I’ve never had a nail polish do this to my nails. I take pride and very good care of my nails. And I’ve never had this happen before so this was a shock. I want to give it one more try but with my Essie primer and base coat and see what happens, but as of now just awful.
Update I used my Essie base coat and it was just awful. I used mod midnight and it was so streaky and I would give this no stars if I could.
Brooklyn L.
Skowhegan
Review for: Pretty Piggy more...
I really wanted to like this polish more than I did, the color is very pink, and I only applied to coats, anymore and I feel that they would never fully dry, I couldn’t seem to not end up with brush marks during applying it, maybe it’s because I’m not good at painting nails, I do like that it has a nice wide brush about four strokes and the nail is nicely covered, drying to longer than 60 seconds, and seemed to stay tacky feeling for about a half hour, i can say it last longer than regular polish but not by much it usually chips in atleast one place within 3 days, I’m unsure weather I will buy more colors or try a different gel polish,
Brittany L.
Does this product ruin your nails?
Lynchelle D.
Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it does the same job.
Kristy S.
I really wanna try the sally Hansen miracle gel! I need a long lasting nail polish. has anyone tried the miracle gel? does it chip? how's the color?
ELAINE B.
NEWARK, CA
I've always wanted to try this! What color are your faves?
Kate B.
Ever since I saw this at the store, I wanted to try this but never got the chance to. Regular nail polish does not last on my finger nails at all. Has anybody that also has problems with regular nail polish not lasting try this? How long did it last for you?