Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™ Nail PolishInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY SALLY HANSEN #34 in Nail Polish

NEW Miracle Gel™ The ONLY TRUE 2-STEP GEL MANICURE with no light needed. Over 45 shades that wow! And it's only from Sally Hansen®, leading the revolution in gel technology.

Miracle Gel™ provides up to 14 days of color & shine. Removes like a regular nail polish.

Technology

• Patented & exclusive gel color system
  • Natural-light-curing technology

Benefits

• No UV/LED light needed
  • 2 simple steps (color + top coat)
  • Increased wear & durability over time
  • Easy, soak free removal
  • No base coat needed
  • Removes like a regular nail polish

• Is this one of those shimmery colors or is it regular gloss?1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it...33 Answers
Cassie C.
Review for: Boho-a-Go-Go more...
Okay so this brand it great! The idea of this nail polish is to mimic a gel manicure and it kind of succeeds! It has a wide brush which makes application easy. The color is great, it's thick and it dries pretty fast. Compared to other nail polishes, this brand certainly lasts me a much longer time before it chips which makes me feel like it is definitely worth the small extra price. If you don't use the brand's clear cote, however, I feel like it doesn't work as well, but that's okay. It still lasts longer than other polishes. To remove it from your nails, it is a little more effort and work. Just like any gel manicure, it is more difficult to remove. It literally takes like 2 more minutes to remove but I can understand why that might be frustrating for some people. I do recommend this nail polish because it is so easy and long lasting. I got mine at CVS pharmacy and I will continue to buy this brand.
Jaine R.
Windsor, CT
Review for: Off With Her Red, Tidal Wave, Wine Stock more...
I really wanted to like this product because it would have made my life so much easier and not having to do my gel manicures but I find that it really didn't work with me. I usually get gel manicures because regular nail polish won't last me Beyond a day I think maybe because I have oily nail beds. I tried this product and the nail polish lasted me anywhere between 2 days to about 6 days depending on the color. I find that for people who have nail beds that do well with regular nail polish also do well with this nail polish. They do have beautiful colors and it's really easy application because it cures and regular light but if you find that your nails have difficulty holding on to regular polish and a regular manicure then I would not try this product.
Betty Ann A.
Winter Haven, FL
I've used lots of different types of polish over the years from cheap to mid range prices. Lately I've only been using Sally Hansen's Miracle Gels. I've found the colors to be rich & beautiful, and the formula to be long lasting...and I love that you don't have to have any other equipment in order to get a very nice, long lasting gel manicure. I currently have Ruby Shimmers, a beautiful glittery red colored topper...it's too sheer to use on its own, but it's great over reds & burgundys. Bordeaux Glow, a gorgeous burgundy...Too Haute, a deep, iridescent violet color...and most recently Red-y, Set, Run, a very nice Christmas colored red. I love all of them & highly recommend trying them out. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish
Amanda L.
Emporia, KS
Review for: Terra-Coppa, Totem-ly Yours more...
First, I've been using this polish for several years now — and I love it. I usually get a solid 10-14 days of wear with this polish, and that's saying something since I work full time, have three kiddos, AND do metalsmithing / hand engraving for my jewelry business.

Let me give some tips to anyone trying this without success! First, make sure your nails are clean and oil-free. Remove any previous polish with 100% acetone. Push back and clean up your cuticles. Then use a cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol to remove any leftover oils from the nail. This helps with all polish and wraps, including Jamberry, by the way!

1) You need to do THREE thin (and I mean *thin*) layers, letting each one dry in between. This polish dries very quickly in thin layers.

2) Do one swipe to cover most, if not all, of the nail. Don't overload your brush.

3) After you have your three layers, do two THIN coats of the Miracle Gel top coat, letting the coats dry in between.

If you are getting any impressions on your nails by touching them after several minutes, your layers are too thick. Try thinner next time, or remove what you have and start again.

I've tested with 1 thick coat, 2 thin coats, and 3 thin coats, each with 1 and then 2 top coats. The 3 thin coats with 2 top coats works the best!
Jess B.
Bowmanstown, PA
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish is one of my current favorite brands. The life of the polish before chipping isn't what I'd hoped. It lasts a week, tops. But what I love so much about it is the wide, flat brush, which facilitates a more even application. The drying time is also fantastic! The range of colors is huge. Definitely recommend it.
Monica S.
Winslow
Review for: Other more...
I was very excited to try the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish, only to be disappointed by how long it lasted. I will admit upfront that I am hard on my hands, but this product boasts up to two weeks of wear without chipping or pealing.
I liked the wide brush, it made application go quickly and smoothly. I applied two coats of the color and two coats of the topcoat. It took a long time to dry. After two days I had major chipping on my fingernails. Every single one of them.
It was expensive for the quality, I paid $7.99 for the color and $7.99 for the top coat at Rite Aid. This would have been a bargain if I had actually received two weeks of wear, but after a few days I had to remove the polish. Which was a nightmare all on it's own. It was terrible to remove, which was funny considering how easily it had chipped.
The only reason that I gave it a 2 star is because it worked better as a pedicure product than regular nail polish. I would not purchase again.
caitlin m.
Chicago , IL
Review for: Dig Fig, Blacky O more...
I used to get salon gel manis but recently stopped because of the expense. I picked up this nail polish at Walgreens and was immediately impressed by its staying power compared to regular nail polish! This polish isn’t gel but looks like gel on your nails, and comes off easily with regular polish remover. My only complaint is that it is advertised to last up to two weeks, but mine usually chips enough to be redone by the one week mark... which is still pretty impressive for an at-home mani!
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I definitely would not compare this to going to a salon and getting a gel polish manicure. It doesn't last any longer than any other nail polish. It does have great color payoff. Takes a few coats to get a completely opaque coverage. And it goes dull fast. I sometimes even go over it with my favorite top coat just because I don't really think that the top coat is that shiney. Overall very average nail polish not at all gel-like! But I don't regret buying it. It just wasn't what I was expecting!
Nelly C.
Review for: Game of Chromes more...
I am in love with this product! I was surprised that the brush was flat. It made for easy application and the flat surface allowed for less strokes to paint each nail compared to normal nail polishes. I only had to wait five minutes between coats and after it dried really fast. Also, you don't need the special lighting because it dries by natural light. I don't have be careful with my nails and worry that it might get rubbed off, scraped or ruined if it accidentally comes into contact with something. It is exactly like the gel manicures I get at the salon but for. It is totally worth it and I am glad I got to try this product. This will now be my go-to nail polish and there are so many colors to choose from and can't wait to try them all!
I received this product complimentary from Home Tester Club for testing purposes.
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, Top Coat, .5 fl oz
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
Review for: Pretty Piggy more...
Awesome color variety, but that’s about it. The price is somewhat reasonable and I’m usually a big fan of Sally Hansen products, but this nail polish was a lot of work and took a lot of time to apply properly. I didn’t notice it lasting much longer than their regular varieties (even with the Miracle Gel top coat), so this didn’t seem like a line worth investing in.
Brittany L.
Does this product ruin your nails?
Lynchelle D.
Has anyone tried the top coat with a regular polish and see if it does the same job.
Kristy S.
I really wanna try the sally Hansen miracle gel! I need a long lasting nail polish. has anyone tried the miracle gel? does it chip? how's the color?
ELAINE B.
Newark, CA
I've always wanted to try this! What color are your faves?
Kate B.
Ever since I saw this at the store, I wanted to try this but never got the chance to. Regular nail polish does not last on my finger nails at all. Has anybody that also has problems with regular nail polish not lasting try this? How long did it last for you?