BY SALLY HANSEN

NEW! Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color is summer's hottest nail trend that allows you to create a gorgeous 3-D nail art effect in just seconds

• I love trying new things with my nails. How well does thi...1 Answers
  • Que tanto duran?? Me ofrecieron regalarme unas pero no se...2 Answers
  • Does this actually work like it's supposed to?1 Answers
Sally Hansen® Magnetic Nail Color
  • "Love the idea of this nail polish as its really cool and fun to use, howecer I found that in order to get the design to look good you had to get so close and I'd always mess up the nail polish which in the end would leave me frustrated." in 41 reviews
  • "I had an easier time with a thicker top coat, be careful not to touch the wet polish with the magnet, but get as close as you can." in 26 reviews
  • "This is a neat idea, is super easy for those who are not as artistic or may not have as steady of a hand with nail polish for any of those super cute DIY nail art designs." in 21 reviews
  • "You have to do it in one thick layer and then make sure to hold the magnet really still and close to the polish without touching." in 18 reviews
  • "The instructions are pretty straight forward, however the first time I used the magnetic lid, I held it against my nail the wrong way so I smeared my polish." in 16 reviews
Tina R.
Middletown, NY
Got this at a steal price at Big Lots! In grey and purple! At first I will say it’s a lil tricky to get the waves in it but once you follow the direction to the T you nails will look amazing and have a cool effect on them! Each finger has to be done individually! Apple the first coat to all nails and when your ready for the second apply it one by one while doing the magnet to it!
Aparna A.
I have these polishes in shades Kinetic Copper & Graphite Gravity! This was my first time using magnetic polishes & I was amazed on how easy they were to use! I got mine at Hyvee! The application was easy & the magnets also worked nicely! I haven't used any other magnetic polishes yet, so I can't compare but these ones were pretty easy to use! I would definitely recommend trying them out!
Alexis K.
Marietta, GA
I tried this years ago when it first came out. I wasn’t a huge fan of this crackle polish. You’re supposed to put it over another colored polish. I thought it just messed up the other color polish and made it look dirty. It’s interesting, but I wouldn’t really recommend it.
Bryanna C.
el paso
I had actually bought this for my sister it does work like it says it took a little while to figure out but it was a fun new thing to try. It does look nice on the nail so that helps I’d say give it a try if you’re into nails.
Ashlee V.
Van Buren
The whole magnetic thing took me a few try’s to get the hang of it but when I did it came out so pretty and wavy. The color is great doesn’t have a super long dry time and the lasting color is great. Would definitely recommend
Aslin J.
Nice color. When it comes to the magnet you have to really do a trail and error. I did it a couple of times until I find the right way to do it. Leaves a beautiful different style.
Cheyenne M.
Anaheim, CA
I like this product a lot. It’s really cool. The magnet works on the nail polish and dries really fast. The nail polish looks really cool when the magnet goes on top. I think this is a really cool product that many people would like.
Tanya B.
Beloit , WI
Unfortunately I found this to be a waste of money, which was very disappointing for me because I love all of their other nail polishes. The nail polish was way too funny, it took wayyy too long to dry, I had to put on 3 coats minimum to make it look even, and the magnet didn't do an absolute thing. Believe me, I tried many many times and I had friends try it as well. No luck! Missed the mark on this one unfortunately.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
I am so impressed with this polish! I can't wait to try another color! I have Red-y Response and I love the grape-y purple color.

I hope the reviewer that said it didn't work at all will give it another try. I have 3 kids 4 yrs and under so when I want to do my nails it's something that gets squeezed in. This manicure took me under 30 minutes and that includes an interuption by the baby and much chatting with my husband!

I followed the directions and it worked perfect. The directions say to wait for the first coat to dry before starting the second. By the time I was done with a thin first coat the first nail was almost dry to the touch so I started the second coat immediately. There really wasn't any extra down time.

My hints - 1. Shake the bottle again between the first and second coats. And make sure the second coat is thick on the whole nail, not just the middle. I did not need to shake between nails.
2. If you have wide nails, as I do, you may have to start the magnet on one side and kind of glide over the nail. For my thumbs I started with the magnet to one side, counted to 5 then moved it over so the other side was fully covered. Worked great.
3. If you slowly wiggle the magnet or hold change the direction of the magnet the result will be different. If you hold the magnet to the nail less than 10 seconds, the effect is more subtle. So much room to play with this!

I used Sally Hansen Diamond Flash fast dry top coat and it worked great over this. As the bottle recommends, I waited 2 minutes for the color to dry then applied. Didn't change the effect at all!
Mary S.
Pittsburgh , PA
Sally Hansen jumps on the magnetic nail trend with their new Magnetic Nail Color. This new nail line is "Summer's hottest nail trend that allows you to create a gorgeous 3D nail art effect in just seconds. This unique formula was specially developed with metallic particles - just hold the built in magnet over wet polish to reveal a unique design on the nail". Sally Hansen has 8 magnetic shades available. Sally Hansen nail products are DBT, Formaldehyde, and Toluene free. This polish was made in America. Sally Hansen is owned by Coty Inc, who has a questionable animal testing policy, so please research it and form your own opinion before purchasing any Sally Hansen or Coty subsidiary products. I was sent this nail polish free for review purposes by Influenster. Sally Hansen products are widely available at drug and grocery stores, and most major retailers. Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Colors sell for $9.99 for .31fl oz (9.17ml). This polish was made in the USA.
Sally Hansen's Magnetic polishes have chunky but functional packaging. The cap, with attached magnet, pulls off to reveal a smaller cap. The bottle; glass obviously; is short and round. The front portion of the label features only the name of the product. The back bit includes directions, two simple steps to create magnetic nail designs, peeling back the label reveals the same directions written in french and the full ingredient list.
The magnet is really convenient. It's large enough for even the longest and widest nails. There is a lip at the base of the magnet meant to be placed on your cuticle to help balance the magnet and keep you from denting your polish with it. Of course I've managed to mess up a couple times, but no big deal, it chips right off the magnet when it dries.
The brush is pretty simple. It's short, flat and wide. It spreads well and covers my nails in one stroke. No splaying bristles or any icky stuff. The cap seems to be attached well.
So how does magnetic polish work? To put it in the simplest terms, there are little metal bits in the polish that react to the magnet. #science. Using magnetic polish is super easy, probably the fastest form of nail art. You apply the first coat then let it dry. Moments later, apply the second, thicker coat, hover the magnet over the wet polish, immediately after application. The magnet only needs to be in place for 10-15 seconds for the design to form. I don't know if it's just me but my nails feel a little bit funny while the design is forming, like you can feel the magnetic attraction. Remove the magnet and suddenly..NAIL ART. It takes almost zero effort and doesn't require a super steady hand, so it's perfect for the nail art inept (that includes me). The design isn't anything super unique just some wavy lines, but it still looks cool Sally Hansen calls the design 3D, but I'd call it holographic.
Polar Purple applies really well. It goes on smooth with even coats. No brush strokes, which is impressive for a metallic finish polish. Though you need two coats for the magnetic design to be at it's best; if you want to use Polar Purple as a regular polish or only have the design as an accent nail, this polish is opaque in one coat. I love opacity. This polish dries super fast, dry to the touch within seconds. I swear it's the fastest drying polish I have. Great right? Yeah, but here's a big let down. Tip wear sets in almost instantly and this polish chips horribly. I know I tend to have wear issues even when others don't, but really it's not just me this time. I read reviews on Influenster and it seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I normally get really great wear from Sally Hansen polishes, so that makes this polish's chippy nature twice as disappointing.
The color of Polar Purple is interesting. I'd call it a dusty, greyed purple, but it's one of those colors that isn't so easily defined. The color can vary depending on how many coats you've applied and how long it's been exposed to the magnetic. Polar Purple varies from a rich intense purple to a smokey, dull mauve. Definitely interesting, but not necessarily pretty. Very fall/winter.
While I'm glad to have finally tried a magnetic polish and like Sally Hansen as an overall brand, this magnetic polish let me down. The formula can use a lot of improvement, the wear is really really poor. The color is nice, the design is cool, the packaging is functional and the product is really easy to use over all, but what does that matter if the results only last a little while? The concept and science behind magnetic nail polish is neat, but it's a trend I'd rather skip if all magnetic polishes are this finnicky. I'm really disappointed by Sally Hansen's Magnetic Nail Color. This brand is capable of way better lacquers. Also the $10 price tag is way too high for the brand. I could buy a China Glaze, O.P.I, Orly, or Zoya polish for less than the cost of this polish. I only recommend Sally Hansen's Magnetic Nail Color if you have a coupon or a sale is on. I wouldn't purchase this product, I'm kinda glad I got it for free
Amber A.
Fayetteville, AR
Is it easy to take off?
Michelle S.
Newtown, CT
Which color is your favorite?
Kayla B.
Kalamazoo, MI
Does it work well with magnets other than the one included?
Emmaline D.
Chisago city , MN
How long does it last before chipping?
Kristine A.
I bought a bottle when they first came around because I wanted to try it. Do you guys still use yours now that it's no longer "trendy"?