Sally Hansen Ingrown Be Gone - Ingrown Toenail Nipper Kit uploaded by Dana P.

BY SALLY HANSEN #23 in Nail Clippers

Take Care of Painful Toenails and Put Your Best Foot Forward. Remove & smooth painful ingrown nails. Stainless steel. Straight blade with pointed tip. . see more...

alexis w.
alexis w.
Lincolnton , Nc
For all the various fingernail clippers on the market, suitable for carrying in one's pocket (I have tried a number of them and researched, over the net, those available from manufacturers in many countries), overall like these the best.

I use the clippers for both fingernails and toenails, even though they do not provide additional leverage for thick nails; just taking a smaller bite per clip works fine.

However, I elected to remove the plastic "Catch-Control" mechanism, favoring the lower bulk of the clipper without this bulky plastic add-on. (The plastic "Catch-Control" mechanism can be easily removed if not to one's liking. A version without the "Catch-Control" mechanism is also on the market.)

Pros:
1. All stainless-steel, no chrome plating or paint to wear off; no sign of any corrosion, so far, from over 1 year of use.
2. Wider grip which makes handling and clipping easier, less pressure on one's skin and fingers, than any other clipper I have used or seen on the market/internet.
3. The cut, of the one pair I purchased and have used for well over a year, for both fingernails and toenails, is about as good as any other, including much more expensive brands I have purchased and used over the years.
cons:
1. A non-flush rivet (to hold the nail cleaner) protrudes through the convex bottom of the lower handle; this can be quite uncomfortable when held in certain ways. The rivet head should have been flush or recessed, a small but important manufacturing design change. I may end up removing this rivet.
2. When closed, there is no position retaining mechanism for the clipper handle; the handle does not stay in-line with the body of the clipper in one's pocket. (The clipper handle position retaining design, two groves, does works OK when the clipper handle is in the open position.)
3. No case or design to prevent coins and other foreign objects from getting into the clipper and between the cutting edges (dulling them) when the clipper is floating around inside one's pocket.
4. Despite the additional ease of compressing the jaws, the clipper cutting capacity, is no better, perhaps minimally worse than a few good alternatives, than any other clipper on the market.
5. The nail cleaner has very rounded smooth edges making it almost worthless for the cleaning function.
6. No nail file.
7. The more expensive "catch-control", like most retaining designs on the market, is more bulk and expense and of little practical use.
8. No case or design to prevent coins and other foreign objects from getting into the clipper and between the cutting edges which the clipper is floating around inside one's pocket.

Final Comments: Like all the other designs on the market, there remain so many potential improvements which none of the manufacturers seem to pay attention to implementing.
Probably producing and marketing too good a design would interfere with future sales of low cost items.
Zoe M.
Zoe M.
Gettysburg
As bad as ingrown nails can get, you don't wanna see a doctor for the embarasment you fear is your fate. Instead take it into your own hands and use this nifty tool. This little guybworks womders for me. Sincebi am very active and in sneakers just about everyday i find myself getting ingrown toe nails, and these things save me a trip to the doctor and the money i would have to pay to get it removed painfully. These things are painfree and easy to ise by anyone. Well wprth the money.
Anja W.
Anja W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like how the angle of the blades in relation to the holding position is built. It is easy to get your nail the exact shape you want, & you can apply more pressure from your hand with the way it's built. This ensures that you can cut away even the thickest nail on the first attempt very cleanly, without having to try multiple times to cut the same spot. I would recommend these clippers. They are also great for removing ingrown toenails or stray skin surrounding the nail.
Aleksandra U.
Aleksandra U.
Lilburn, GA
Ingrown toenails are a nightmare for me. I get them often and in painful spots, though I've noticed that they occur mostly on my big toes ( both sides ). It can be hard to walk if it gets too bad, so I whip these bad boys out and get rid of 'em. They do the trick and allow me to actually get to the bits of nail without hurting my skin or the other parts of the nail in question. I had used regular tweezers for years and I'm glad I switched over.
Kait L.
Kait L.
Everyone hates ingrown nails and not only do they look unsightly, but they can be very painful. I use this product regularly to help get rid of and prevent ingrown toenail nails. For me that means feet that look and feel great. I would recommend this tool to anyone who's pedicurist is constantly picking at their nails. This is a great product. I've found it's helpful to soak feet in warm water and epsom salts prior to use for optimal results.
Jacqueline F.
Jacqueline F.
Parma, OH
I am obsessed about getting my ingrown toenails and I am so glad I found this product at Ulta. I was using other nail clippers to dig them out but that was not really effective, it just caused a bigger mess and I had to go to the podiatrist to fix it. But since these are made for the corners of yours nails, you will get the ingrown toe nail every time. Which is perfect since boot season is right around corner.
Lisette H.
Lisette H.
Norwalk, CA
I cannot let my toe nails grow without having to deal with an ingrown toe nail. I remember back in the day using a regular nail clipper in order to get into the corners and how difficult it was. I remember coming across this at Target and ever since then I haven't looked back. This clipper has made it a breeze to cut ingrown toe nails and if I were to lose it, I would run out and buy another one again.
Holland D.
Holland D.
Saint Louis, MO
I am a sufferer of chronic ingrown toenails. These severely lessen the amount of times I have to take time to visit a doctor to have my feet looked at. I've gone from several visits every few months to maybe one a year. Perfect if you have mild ingrown toenails and cannot commit to the time needed to fully remove the nails and eliminate the problem! Four stars only because it isn't a permanent fix.
Cat C.
Cat C.
Wichita, KS
I know this won't be the most pleasant review to read, but here goes: I love the Sally Hansen Ingrown Be Gone - Ingrown Toenail Nipper Kit. I've had issues with ingrown nails for as long as I can remember. One such time required medical treatment. After using this product, I no longer have to worry about anything like that. I can live my life pain free and wear any shoes I want. ;)
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
Lowell, MA
I own these especially because I have pink toenails that are almost two nails in one. Too much information, I am aware, but that is what I use them for. However, the same thing can easily be done using cuticle clippers. In addition, treating ingrown toenails by yourself can be very tricky due to the risk of infection. If you have a really bad ingrown toenail, see a doctor.
Tina S.
Tina S.
Clinton Twp, MI
My husband has a horrible ingrown toenail. Will this seriously help him?
brittany d.
brittany d.
tunkhannock
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have trouble with ingrown toenails and it can be very painful. I am not very familiar with how to stop it or treat it and feel like when I cut my nails I end up making it worse. Is this product easy to use and does it come with instructions?
Emily N.
Emily N.
Hazel Green, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I get ingrown nails a lot. They are so bad sometimes. My mother had to get the surgery to remove hers once, I'm hoping that I won't have to do that. Should I give this a try?