BY SALLY HANSEN #16 in Nail Art

Buy now on www.ulta.com
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Marisa B.
Burley, ID
I did not like this nail art pen at all. I sold it at my yard sale this weekend as a matter of fact for a quarter. I used it once and it had been sitting in my nail junk box since. Too much polish comes out at once, it is too hard to do a nice design when it all just blends together and ruins your nail. Then you are mad and have to start over. I don't have time for that with twin babies and a toddler. I need to get my nails cute and done fast with as little dry time and repair time as possible. I've learned that if I want a really serious design on my nail I need to leave it to the professionals or a nail wrap and not waste my time.
Samantha S.
I own three of these nail art pens and I haven't used them since I first tried them. The tips of the pens are so stiff that they scratched the completely dry nail polish right off my nail.

The nail polish in the pen is very thin, which resulted in too much nail polish coming out of the tip and forming blobs on my nails.

The white pen I owned dried out within a week or two, even after it was stored properly.

When using these nail art pens, it is required that you use a top coat. If you don't the designs will come off of your nails immediately with one swipe of your finger, even when you think the design is completely dry.
Mia S.
Ellabell, GA
I have not bought another Nail Art Pen in the last two years & it's because of this one. The little girl I was looking after at the time desperately wanted to try this Pen out, she begged, & begged some more - I ended up buying it (& a whole bunch of colors so we could experiment with it) and was extremely disappointed with it. I thought because it's Sally Hansen it'll be awesome (like all their other products) but it wasn't. The pen dries out too quickly (turning art into blobs)/ it has a hard tip, not at all soft like you'd think it should be/ never really fully dries & smudges easily/ and on top of that, they're really expensive.
Michelle H.
Redlands, CA
I love doing my nails & have a billion nail products & was really excited when these first came out. I've bought several of them in different colors then finally tried them..... The polish comes out more like a sharpie (not even that smooth) then polish. Sometimes it would seem quite dry so you'd have to pump it which might result in a puddle. I would append a lot of time decorating my nails then half of the designs would get rubbed off (picture marker on a whiteboard) before I could apply the top coat! For the price I expected a much better quality product/ concept.... If they rework their formula I might consider trying them again.
Lisa M.
Osakis, MN
I was very excited to purchase this product and did so at a discount, so thankfully I'm not out allot. I read the directions, and gave it a go. I love that you can wipe it off rite away with a wet swab, or cotton ball ( if used on polish that's 100% dry ) however, I found it hard to make lines consistently the same thickness. I didn't like that once it was dry and covered with top coat it sometimes looked funny, and that area seemed to want to peel off before the other polish. It was ok. not something I'm in a hurry to purchase again.
Ashley H.
Windsor, PA
You might as well take a tooth pick and dip it in the polish color of your choice (seriously) as soon as I bought 8 of these (again, seriously) I was so excited to try them because ages ago I got something similar except with a metal end piece that worked a 100 times better at Cosmo prof, and I couldn't find them again. Well the polish gets hard or won't come out most of the time or when it does come out you can't control the flow or where it goes even and the applicator itself is bulky and you can't see where you're putting it. Not worth the money! Just buy a thin paint brush and dip it in polish!
Jay A.
I was excited for this product but it doesn't work for me like I wanted. It has to be used very carefully otherwise you could end up big a big spill. The color doesn't come off as vibrant but rather look like a regular marker. It does have a fine point and can be used for detailed work. However, when taking off it smears all over and I noticed my nail was the color of my pen which was navy blue. I've had it for over a year and I do admit it still works but don't use it other than to "play" with it. I will not buy this product again.
Karen D.
Houston , TX
I got this pen to try out a nail look. I was expecting a finer point to them. The "paint" came out in a ticker line than anticipated given the name "fine" tip. There is a learning curve as it took several attempts to have a solid line vs. blobs. I found you have to dot it into lines vs. using it as a true pen. Ok product, but didn't live up to claims.
Steffani C.
Waynesburg, PA
I was skeptical about using these nail art pens because I was sure they would be hard to really make designs with, and I was right. I bought one of these in white because I figured french tips would be the easiest thing to do with these. It worked out okay the first time I used it. The only thing was that it didn't really look nice on top of other nail polish & sometimes a lot of nail polish would come out all at once & make a mess. I used it a few times with okay results but eventually just gave up on it. Not interested in buying this again, especially with so many other nail design products out now.
Yurani M.
Fontana, CA
Unfortuntely, these do not work as well as I would have imagined, especially for the price that they go for. I had bought two of them and the red in particular seemed to be shimmery when it never said that it would look like that in the picture. I assumed it would be a regular solid red but it wasn't. Aside from that, the nail polish or liquid in side did not even resemble the consistency of nail polish. It didn't dry like nail polish or feel or look like nail polish and if you didn't apply a top coat right away, it could be wiped on clean from your nails if they were painted with and undercoat main color
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?

back