BY SALLY HANSEN #12 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Katelyn B.
Philadelphia, PA
These are a great idea but really poorly executed. The felt tip tends to dry out really easily and the fibers start to flake after the first use so you tend to get fuzzy lines and marks. I think a simple redesign to a tip that's more like a liquid eyeliner applicator would be a good fix to most of the issues that I have with this product. It also doesn't give a very clean line when trying to do french tips. Even though it's a pain to try to apply tips and designs with traditional nail polish brushes, I can almost guarantee that will give you a better result.
Shanna B.
Boaz, AL
Sally should be ashamed. Surely someone, somewhere tested these things, seen their flaws, yet still let them be distributed to the general public. These things are messy, wash off your nails easily, and are smeared by top coats. I mean if a polish will WASH off of your nails, of course you want to seal it with a top coat, right? Don't even bother. Not to mention you have to press down so hard to get the polish out that you mess up your base color. I am a fan of Sally Hansen nail polishes, but these things are not even in the same category and nowhere near worth the $10 they cost! Get some regular polish and use a toothpick. You'll have far better results.
Ashley M.
Clarks Summit, PA
I thought these pens were great when I first got them. They wrote well and made it super easy to make designs with, but then I removed all my nail Polish after using the light green one I noticed that I had yellow stains on my nails in the same design I made on my nails. And now it's 2 months later and my nail is still stained!!! I would advise anyone wanting to try these, please use more than two coats of Polish first and make
Kristen K.
I was given the white Sally Hansen nail art pen as a gift and I was so excited because giving myself french manicures would be much easier or so I thought. The directions say to apply base coat or nail polish before using. When I did that it seemed like the white was not appearing on the nail so I would have to press harder causing the base nail polish to chip off! Also the directions say to put a clear coat over the finished product, the clear coat actually took the white Sally Hansen polish completely off my nail! When I would push down to get more polish to come out it would run everywhere and me super milky. Terrible product.
Megan B.
Dyer, TN
I was disappointed with this product overall. I purchased it as a gift for my teenager. The packaging was super cute, but the overall product was not what I expected. It was hard to use, and did not leave solid even trails of polish..
Deidre T.
Boo! I got this when there was a sale at a place going out of business, glad I didn't pay full price. It does come out fine for the most part, but I did have some stops and starts. And then it like dissolved into my other nail color, that was completely dry. o it looked like a big ole mess! When I took it all off I was left with some purple stains on my nail, that don't look like they are coming out until it grows out :(
Meahlyn D.
East Elmhurst, NY
When this first came out, I was thrilled because now I can decorate my nails in the ease of my home and for a lot less than going to a salon. I tested out four colors: red, gold, silver, and white. The red and silver colors ran fluidly and without difficulty. The gold color however, bled out and ruined my chances of enjoying the pen. As for the white color, it dried out so fast that it made me wonder if it was a 50/50 chance of actually getting a functional pen in the drugstores! The one pro I have for this pen is the tip. It is sized to a good degree in terms of being able to do elaborate or fine designs on the nails. A big con for me was staying power. After I designed my nail with any of the pen colors, I would let my nails dry before applying the topcoat. Once the topcoat touched the design, it's like it melted the design and it just smeared around my nails. Functionally great concept but recipe for disaster.
Ruby T.
I bought this because I love nail art. I figured this was great because it came with the color already included. I love Sally Hansen products as well. I bought the pink one. It was horrible. I was going to return it because nothing came out finally after a lot of shaking and pressing against my nail a blob of pink nail polish gushed out. After the blob came out the pen was easier to use and the polish would come out as a fine line. It worked for a while but the pen dried out in a 2 weeks or so. I would recommend buying nail art tools instead of these.
Maybe I got a defected nail art pen but I didn't like it and wouldn't recommend. I still love Sally Hansen products just didn't like this nail art pen.
Salwa K.
Lake Forest, CA
Let me start out by saying that I am a nail polish junkie...so my friends decided to buy me these in every colors.

After two months of using all of them, the only one that i actually have use for is the white one when i do french manicures. It really helps with the straight lines, and the flow is pretty consistent. As for the other ones..they are really, really, crappy. The color streaks and its extremely thin, and if you don't let it dry for an extremely long time, top coat will completely ruin it.
Also, the finish of these markers remind me of elementary school highlighter-nail design days.

For such a high price, you can definitely buy stripers that, in my opinion, are much, much better.
Susan B.
Lubbock, TX
I like this stuff, because it's easy to use, and it comes in a fair number of colors. HOWEVER, there are some problems. Your nails have to be -really- dry to use it (I usually wait until the next day) or else the tip will gouge your polish. It's a little runny, and you have to be careful to get the excess off before putting it on your nails. Also, (and this is sort of a pro and a con) if you don't use a top coat, it just rubs off. This is good if you make a mistake and need to start over, because you can just lick it and wipe it off, but it's bad if you miss a spot with top coat, or don't top coat it thick enough. It also will smear when you apply the top coat if you aren't careful.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?

back