BY SALLY HANSEN #16 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Misty A.
So my friend and I wanted to try these out specifically for doing candy cane nails for the holidays. We purchased the silver one in Walgreens and couldn't wait to try it out.

Unfortunately, we were really disappointed to find out the box picture is a lie. It barely stands out at all over the base color. It's very watery. I have a silver sharpie that works better then this did even after going over the stripe several times . It washed off easily.

It's a great idea but they could use more vibrant colors that cover the base better. I would look to another source if you are looking to do vibrant nail art.
christie p.
Express yourself! Now you can be creative with your nails in seconds! Just press pen point to activate nail color and start designing on your nails!
Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
Draw precise lines for a French manicure
Great for pedicures, too
Mistake-proof formula can be removed or corrected with a moist cotton swab without damaging dry nail polish
Water-based formula is environmentally friendly

Directions
Do not apply to bare nail. Apply base coat or polish before use. Allow polish to dry completely. Shake well with cap on. Remove cap. Push pen tip on hard surface to dispense color. Apply nail art design to nail. Allow to dry. Seal nail with top coat when your design is complete. Protect work surface while using this product.

check out my blog if you love fashion, beauty, DIY, and giveaways!
christie-mariee.Blogspot.com
Jen L.
Super impressed with how easy these pens make manicures. I don't have to go to a salon for intricate designs anymore which is great. They tend to be slightly pricey but definitely worth the buy!
Shannon J.
Los Angeles, CA
I noticed that a lot of people are dragging this product down, saying that it washes right off and it smudges,but i didn't find that to be the case when you are going to use it you have to shake it first,(if its the first time you use it, take the cap off and get a piece of paper and push the tip down, the liquid will cover the tip). I think that the liquid is easy to maneuver once its on the nail. When you're done with the design you have to wait for it dry then put on a generous amount of topcoat to seal in the design. this product compared to a striper brush has its pros and cons, for instance, the pen has better control but, the striper brush is more opaque.Overall, this product is in my nailbox but i would much rather prefer a striper over this nailart pen. Best of luck on all of your nail art excursions,elizabeth :D
Ky T.
It's a alright nail art pen it's is a little confusing it barley comes out but when it does it looks good and is smooth it's not really pricey the value it's really good it's dry most time I bought it at Walmart no because I'm sure there are better alternatives
Paola L.
Not many nail ary pens are that great since they are usually to thin or too thick this one personally is a bit too thin and streaky not completey opaque after one go.
AnneMarie L.
Palm Bay, FL
First off, I absolutely LOVE Sally Hansen products. The entire line of polish is my go-to, over any other, even China Glaze!
These pens are awful. The blue, specifically, was a huge disappointment. The color itself bled pretty badly, but I got it cleaned up enough to leave it for a few days (or so I thought). I applied a top coat, dried, and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, the design had cracked in numerous places, and a faint shade of blue had "blown out" and bled around the design.
The red pen wasn't much better. My design didn't bleed as much, but seemed to make my all-over polish brittle, and prone to chipping.

If you can find them on sale/clearance, they're worth a shot. Maybe they'll work better for you. But they're definitely not worth the $8 price tag.
Alana H.
Belmont, CA
I love doing different designs on my nails and was quite happy to find these on clearance at Walgreens for around $4. I have wanted to try them for a while, but couldn't make myself pay that much for one pen. So, I got a pinkish color and went to testing it out.

The pen itself works well for making dots and lines but I noticed it drys out pretty fast so this is something you have to use pretty fast. I like to do all kinds of colors and designs but don't see myself using that much in the time it allows before it starts to dry out. Otherwise I did enjoy using this as it made designs really easy to do.

I probably would't purchase more unless they were on sale or clearance but definitely would want to use again and will be on the lookout for these at a better price.
Richelle L.
Columbus, OH
I got some of these for my daughter for easter and they are really fun and easy to use and create fun designs on your nails however they are a bit smelly and there is not a lot in each pen i would say maybe use your regular nail polish for your whole nail then when it drys i would use the pen for designs that way it saves you some of the pen and you won't be smelling it for as long
Leslie D.
Brooklyn, NY
I bought this pen at a discount store (thank god) and only paid $1.99 for it. Had i paid more, I would have been even more upset. The tip of the pen is great but the actual formula of the polish is a bit questionable. My black and white pens were both very runny and as I tried to draw a design on the polish was dripping down the sides of my nails. It stained my cuticles and skin. My red pen on the other hand was very thick and also metallic even though nowhere on the box does it even mention that it should be metallic. I had t shake the red pen a million times and hold the point down for almost 5 minutes to get anything done. I will be taking my money elsewhere for nail art pens. This is the second time Sally hansen has disappointed me with their pens.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?