BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Nikki J.
Huntington Beach, CA
I was so excited when I saw these at my local drug store. The first thing that came to my mind was that they were going to be great for “French Tip” design on my nails. I picked up a total of three, blue, white, and pink. When I got them home I was ready to try them out. I used the white pen to do a “French Tip”. As I opened up the box and uncapped the pen. I saw that you had to shake the pen and press to get the paint to come out (similar to a sharpie paint pen). I did this for about two minutes and little paint came out, when I finally got some paint to come out I started. I tried to make the line and then the paint started to rush out, I cleaned up that nail and continued on. Overall, they were not very user friendly the pen was an awkward hold and the paint did not stay on my nails that long. I think I did better off using a sharpie paint pen (even though they are not good for your nails).
Danielle M.
Longmont, CO
Review for: Black more...
This black nail art pen is the second or third in the line that I have tried from Sally Hansen. The black I find was really thin and easy to apply on my nail but as it dried it seemed to be quite patchy and there was no way to make a second coat look good. In the picture I drew three small squiggly lines just for an example, and in the middle and the edges of all three lines you can see where the pigmentation gets patchy. I probably would not repurchase again for full price. However they are handy to have around.
Melody M.
Hemet, CA
I decided to give these a try because I like to do a lot of fun nail art and thought that these nail art pens would make things a little easier and speed up the process. Wow was I wrong! They are extremely difficult to work with, chip way too easily even with a top coat over the design. And I've even had my designs get skewed and completely destroyed by applying a top coat. I would not suggest this brand of nail art pens to anyone. There are higher quality nail art pens out there that do not cause as much trouble as these do. And they have a finer tip to create really detailed and fun designs. I am a Sally Hansen fan, but when they made these I was and still am very disappointed. Because of all the complaints from other people you'd think they would stop selling these but they are still everywhere and cost just as much. I have better luck drawing on my nail polish with a sharpie.
Misty A.
So my friend and I wanted to try these out specifically for doing candy cane nails for the holidays. We purchased the silver one in Walgreens and couldn't wait to try it out.

Unfortunately, we were really disappointed to find out the box picture is a lie. It barely stands out at all over the base color. It's very watery. I have a silver sharpie that works better then this did even after going over the stripe several times . It washed off easily.

It's a great idea but they could use more vibrant colors that cover the base better. I would look to another source if you are looking to do vibrant nail art.
christie p.
Express yourself! Now you can be creative with your nails in seconds! Just press pen point to activate nail color and start designing on your nails!
Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
Draw precise lines for a French manicure
Great for pedicures, too
Mistake-proof formula can be removed or corrected with a moist cotton swab without damaging dry nail polish
Water-based formula is environmentally friendly

Directions
Do not apply to bare nail. Apply base coat or polish before use. Allow polish to dry completely. Shake well with cap on. Remove cap. Push pen tip on hard surface to dispense color. Apply nail art design to nail. Allow to dry. Seal nail with top coat when your design is complete. Protect work surface while using this product.

check out my blog if you love fashion, beauty, DIY, and giveaways!
christie-mariee.Blogspot.com
Jen L.
Super impressed with how easy these pens make manicures. I don't have to go to a salon for intricate designs anymore which is great. They tend to be slightly pricey but definitely worth the buy!
Shannon J.
Los Angeles, CA
I noticed that a lot of people are dragging this product down, saying that it washes right off and it smudges,but i didn't find that to be the case when you are going to use it you have to shake it first,(if its the first time you use it, take the cap off and get a piece of paper and push the tip down, the liquid will cover the tip). I think that the liquid is easy to maneuver once its on the nail. When you're done with the design you have to wait for it dry then put on a generous amount of topcoat to seal in the design. this product compared to a striper brush has its pros and cons, for instance, the pen has better control but, the striper brush is more opaque.Overall, this product is in my nailbox but i would much rather prefer a striper over this nailart pen. Best of luck on all of your nail art excursions,elizabeth :D
Ky T.
It's a alright nail art pen it's is a little confusing it barley comes out but when it does it looks good and is smooth it's not really pricey the value it's really good it's dry most time I bought it at Walmart no because I'm sure there are better alternatives
Paola L.
Not many nail ary pens are that great since they are usually to thin or too thick this one personally is a bit too thin and streaky not completey opaque after one go.
AnneMarie L.
Palm Bay, FL
First off, I absolutely LOVE Sally Hansen products. The entire line of polish is my go-to, over any other, even China Glaze!
These pens are awful. The blue, specifically, was a huge disappointment. The color itself bled pretty badly, but I got it cleaned up enough to leave it for a few days (or so I thought). I applied a top coat, dried, and went to bed. When I woke up the next morning, the design had cracked in numerous places, and a faint shade of blue had "blown out" and bled around the design.
The red pen wasn't much better. My design didn't bleed as much, but seemed to make my all-over polish brittle, and prone to chipping.

If you can find them on sale/clearance, they're worth a shot. Maybe they'll work better for you. But they're definitely not worth the $8 price tag.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?