BY SALLY HANSEN #12 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Charlie C.
These seem pretty cool at first, but the problem is actually getting the paint/polish out of the pen. You have to press down on the tip, which not only warps the tip a bit, but also FLOODS the product out, making it kind of impossible to use for the purpose. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You have to have a lucky day.
Krista M.
Flint, MI
These tend to dry out very quickly for me. Also they're pretty costly so the quality is really sub-par taking the price into consideration.
Sometimes it messes up the nail polish I previously put on and other times, too much nail polish comes out and it takes for ever to dry, resulting in smudging.
I would not buy these again
Eliana M.
I bought this nail pen a while ago in hot pink. I opended the package and was greeted with a cute pink nail art pen with a flower on the cap. But don't be fooled by the packaging, I used it for the first time on my nails and it's like water! I can say that it certainly does not resemble nail polish but instead water color paint.
Samantha C.
Tempe, AZ
As an a nail polish addict I'm always looking for new things to try for nail art. When I picked these up I was so excited, after applying, I was all wrong. I found that with the pen, even if the nail polish was dry it would "pull" the polish underneath. The polish in the pen also dried up really quickly which I was not happy about.
Michele P.
Glorieta, NM
I have two pens - one red and one white. The red one does nothing but puddle and the white one never seems to have any pigment, despite shaking. My daughter loves to have designs on her nails and I bought them with her in mind, as she's 6 and has tiny nails. It's easier to use a puddle of polish and a toothpick to make cute designs.
Tiffany D.
Glendale, AZ
I like them so you can make any design you want with them, and in a lot of different colors i think they are easier to use then the nail polishes that have the thin long brushes that drip but they can smear when putting top coat on but if you let dry for awhile first it works great.
Tiffany W.
Evans City, PA
The first time I used one, it worked great! But after a while they stopped working as well as they first did. After a couple weeks, I would have to press super hard to get anything to come out and sometimes too much would just squirt out! It seemed to get too liquidy and I ended up throwing it away after just a little over a month.
Jackie J.
Philadelphia, PA
I wish I could replicate all of these cute nail trends, but I'm not equipped with the right tools...At least not with this product. The retractable felt tip makes smudging really easy. It's not a precision tool at all. Such a shame, because the colors are bright and they appear great for the job. But it's just too much of a hassle.
Marianne M.
Ravenel, SC
I love the colors and the ease of use. The only problem I have is sometimes they will run or dry out (depending on the luck of the draw, I suppose). Every time I create an easy pattern on my toes, I get compliments everywhere. When I tell the people I did it myself with the pen, they are generally shocked it wasn't done in a salon.
Kathleen T.
UNION
This really isn't as good as I thought it would be. You have to press the tip down to get polish to come out, so the polish underneath needs to be TOTALLY dry or you'll mess up your manicure. I've found it's harder to actually try to keep this even than it is just to use a skinny brush and try to make straight lines on your own!
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?

back