BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Kaitlyn A.
Review for: Black Tip Round more...
I have mixed feelings about these nail art pens. I assumed that they'd be actual nail polish, instead they're basically just permanent markers. Unfortunately however, the color rubs off, even with several layers of top coat. Not sure the point of nail art pens if the art is just going to come off in less than a day.

They're great if you don't want the design to last more than a day at most. Thankfully I got these on sale for a little more than a dollar, instead of having to pay full price.
Jennifer J.
Where to buy? (amazon 10 for $20-something) they're about $7 a piece otherwise. They're so easy to use! Much easier than a dotting tool and nail polish. You use them just like a pen! Just make sure you don't get it on your actual nail because it stains it. If you do, no worries, sand it down. You don't even have to do it for long. It comes right off, but not with remover (the stain that is) the pen ink itself, if used correctly, will come right off. Make sure to use a too coat, or two or it will also come off. I've recommended this to friends and family with younger kids because it's not messy like nail polish and it's easy to make something that looks difficult to do. Also, hurry, Ulta has them for $3.99. Which means Sally Hansen is either discontinuing the product OR they're re-designing it. Either way, it was the best deal I saw...I got 6 more. Highly recommend!
Brianna W.
Murfreesboro, TN
Although I still use this product, it is not my favorite. You have to make sure you've got a good base coat down before applying any art from the pen. Otherwise, the pen art will bleed through and stain your nails. Unfortunately, I made this mistake several times before accomplishing the correct number of coats needed on my nail before using the pen. I, personally, treat my two pens as paint brushes and use a paper plate to bear down on to get the polish to flow to the tip. My black pen looks beautiful when used, however, my blue pen is not as bright as I had hoped, but I still make it work. Overall, I enjoy how easy the pens make it to jazz up my manicure, but the quality is a reflection of the price. I do know these make wonderful gifts for young girls just learning to paint their nails, as it provides them with something more steady to paint with, so I have and will continue to buy this product.
Kari S.
Lake Stevens, WA
I recently did a nail tutorial using this product for the first time. I didn't have the highest expectations going into it and was blown away by the results. I am very pleased with this product. I used on both my really painted nails and on fake painted nails. The color of the pen was vivid (I have the silver pen and the chartreuse "green" color) When you apply a top coat over your nail design I didn't get any smearing or smuges and the color got more bright and vivid.
I am also very pleased with the amount of control I have with the pen. I always seem to get a shakey hand when using a nail brush.
I just pushed the tip of the pen down before each nail and it was enough paint for the design.
Skylar K.
Glenview IL
Review for: Pearly White more...
This product seemed good quality and like it would work except it didn't entirely meet my expectations. The pen was good for making small flowers and simple designs but anything more complex then that would not be a good idea because the pen tip wasn't great.
Yosary M.
New Brunswick , NJ
This is a HORRIBLE product, and they aren't cheap, you could buy an OPI almost for the price of these things. I bought the black one, and the navy blue one, I used the black one ONCE to make tiger stripes, and the second time I was drawing flowers on my fingernails and IT WAS EMPTY after only doing one hand. Great. JUST FREAKING GREAT.

SAME PROBLEM with the navy blue one, BARELY two uses and it's empty, yeah, that's great. Real great. I'm so glad I wasted my money on these. They weren't even old either, I had only bought them the week before.

Oh, and if you feel like wasting your money, you HAVE to put a top coat on them or it washes off because it's not nail polish, it's ink, and sometimes it looks splotchy and uneven, but that didn't bother me as much as the fact that they DRIED UP after two FARKING USES, the splotchy gave my flowers "character" you know, if I hadn't had to remove them because the freaking pen dried up after drawing them ON ONE
madison b.
I'm a doodler by nature, and a dabbler in whatever unique beauty product I can get my hands on. It seems like nail pens are all the rage in the nail polish industry as of late, so when I heard about Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen, I had to give it a try.

There are eight shades in total, and because I wanted to give myself some glitzy black nails à la Paris Hilton's black French manicure, I purchased the white shade. The fine-tip pen is easy to use, and the polish dried pretty quickly. You don't have to have an advanced degree in art to create great shapes, but it was harder for me to finagle with my opposite, less-dextrous hand. The pros? Because it's water-based, it's more environmentally friendly, and mistakes are easily fixed with a cotton swab and water.

The cons? The polish has a tendency to drag unless your nails are completely dry, and since it's water-based, it rubs off rather easily. I'd highly recommend applying a top coat if you're looking for a stay-put finish. While I don't see myself drawing shapes on my nails all that often and the results weren't totally perfect, all-in-all, these nail art pens are meant to be fun, and fun is what they are.
Noelle F.
Pelzer, SC
These pens are used for designing your nails and work a lot like those paint pens you had when you were little. You have to press on the tip to get the polish to come out and then you're supposed to be able to do your design. Only, you either get too much or too little polish, which can rather easily mess up your nails.

Note, I had gotten my three pens on sale, so I didn't have to pay full price for them, although I sure am glad I didn't. Of the three I bought, only one worked even reasonably well. They were inconsistent and it was difficult to get the polish going. Even when I did get the polish to work with me, it was too difficult to get the pen to do exactly what I needed it to do. If they had used a better way to get the pen to dispense the polish these probably would've been a lot better to work with.
Amanda C.
Southbury, CT
These aren't what I expected them to be. I was really excited when I first saw these and purchased every color the store had, I got them home & started experimenting with them & found that the tip is more like a magic marker which would have been fine if you didn't have to press the tip down to get more paint out. They are very similar to paint pens. I've seen other nail art pens that you squeeze instead of push down on that I like a lot more. The magic marker tip makes the polish sort of explode out if you end up pushing down on it too much because it gets so saturated it doesn't hold the polish in the tip, the other ones I've seen have an actual pen tip so this doesn't happen. I liked the idea of them and the color choices and the packaging were great but they don't do the job they're meant to do.
Amanda E.
Review for: Turquoise more...
I thought this would be fun to try. It was ready to use and not messy. Unfortunately the color did not last on my nails. It faded out before i even left the house the next morning.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?