BY SALLY HANSEN

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Tracy L.
Rockville, MD
I've heard great reviews about Sally Hansen products, so needless to say, when I was given two of these nail art pens (black and white!) for my birthday I was absolutely psyched to use them. However, when I finally used the black one, little of the polish came out of the pen and instead, the nib of the pen ended up scratching off the nail polish I already had on. Pushing down on the nib helped a little and got the polish to start flowing - but only on surfaces like a table or paper, since none of the polish came out when I tried again on my nail. The white one was even worse, since the polish seemed to be dried out and even so, adding a few drops of thinner couldn't salvage it! This was honestly an utter disappointment, but perhaps other Sally Hansen products will be able to redeem this one.
Danni G.
Kennesaw, GA
I have seen these pens for quite some time and would never purchase do to the price. I just didn't feel like it was a good investment when I never heard good reviews. I am left handed so painting and doing nail art on my left hand is beyond hard! I found a navy blue art pen at Big Lots for $1. Now was time to try. I did not have any problems with too much coming out or too little. It went on smoothly and dried super fast. However, it dried to a dual matte finish that smeared once I put my topcoat on. I go a little on my skin and that was a torture to get off. I did try the pen again, only did time for a pedicure. My feet have more patience to dry than I do so I figured maybe I just wasn't completely dry the first time. I had much better results on the piggies. The polish had an hour to dry, I just painted go on the computer to blog, by the time I was done my toes were dry and I added my topcoat which did not smear the design. I say these are good pens for practice and your piggies but not on my must-haves.
Lindsey A.
I tried this product and first use barely worked. I got it as a present and I know I wouldn't want to but it again. I found it at a drugstore place. I don't exactly remember price when I went back to look but not that expensive.
Angela W.
Mount Prospect, IL
Picked up this nail art pen from my local drugstore, it was the first time I was using a nail polish pen so I was unsure of what to expect. First, I found the formula of the nail lacquer in the pen to be far too runny on my nails. This also made the pen difficult to maneuver and create "designs". The brush also never seemed to be saturated quite right- it was either TOO saturated or under saturated. Pumping the top of the pen only meant that the brush became filled with a gooey mess. A few weeks after my first use I went back to give the pen another shot only to find out the brush was completely dried out, making it nearly unusable. (perhaps this was my fault, and I should've cleaned the brush after I used it the last time) Regardless, using the pen the second time was no easier, and I was frustrated and kicking myself for not just picking up a regular polish for half the price of this pen.
Beth G.
Aurora , CO
The first time I used, I ruined my carpet and lost my deposit. You have to start the pen flowing by pressing down, well I must have pressed too hard because the pen immediately exploded at the end and ink ran down the pen and my arm and all over my jeans and floor. I learned my lesson and I only start the flow of the pens over my steel kitchen sink. The other problem is the pen runs out in about one or two uses, and dries out constantly while you are designing on the nail. I also had a problem with the fabric of the pen brush coming off on to my nail, so a fiber would ruin the manicure. Very unsatisfied with this product. I received 5 of these for Christmas, and all the colors are boring. I thought the person just made a bad selection, but nope she had picked the best colors. Lastly, once you finally manage to finish the design, if you put a top coat on it, it will streak, and if you don't then you can rub it off like it were a dry marker on a white board. I would not recommend to anyone.
Kaitlyn A.
I have mixed feelings about these nail art pens. I assumed that they'd be actual nail polish, instead they're basically just permanent markers. Unfortunately however, the color rubs off, even with several layers of top coat. Not sure the point of nail art pens if the art is just going to come off in less than a day.

They're great if you don't want the design to last more than a day at most. Thankfully I got these on sale for a little more than a dollar, instead of having to pay full price.
Jennifer J.
Where to buy? (amazon 10 for $20-something) they're about $7 a piece otherwise. They're so easy to use! Much easier than a dotting tool and nail polish. You use them just like a pen! Just make sure you don't get it on your actual nail because it stains it. If you do, no worries, sand it down. You don't even have to do it for long. It comes right off, but not with remover (the stain that is) the pen ink itself, if used correctly, will come right off. Make sure to use a too coat, or two or it will also come off. I've recommended this to friends and family with younger kids because it's not messy like nail polish and it's easy to make something that looks difficult to do. Also, hurry, Ulta has them for $3.99. Which means Sally Hansen is either discontinuing the product OR they're re-designing it. Either way, it was the best deal I saw...I got 6 more. Highly recommend!
Brianna W.
Fishers, IN
Although I still use this product, it is not my favorite. You have to make sure you've got a good base coat down before applying any art from the pen. Otherwise, the pen art will bleed through and stain your nails. Unfortunately, I made this mistake several times before accomplishing the correct number of coats needed on my nail before using the pen. I, personally, treat my two pens as paint brushes and use a paper plate to bear down on to get the polish to flow to the tip. My black pen looks beautiful when used, however, my blue pen is not as bright as I had hoped, but I still make it work. Overall, I enjoy how easy the pens make it to jazz up my manicure, but the quality is a reflection of the price. I do know these make wonderful gifts for young girls just learning to paint their nails, as it provides them with something more steady to paint with, so I have and will continue to buy this product.
Skylar K.
Glenview IL
This product seemed good quality and like it would work except it didn't entirely meet my expectations. The pen was good for making small flowers and simple designs but anything more complex then that would not be a good idea because the pen tip wasn't great.
Kari S.
Lake Stevens, WA
I recently did a nail tutorial using this product for the first time. I didn't have the highest expectations going into it and was blown away by the results. I am very pleased with this product. I used on both my really painted nails and on fake painted nails. The color of the pen was vivid (I have the silver pen and the chartreuse "green" color) When you apply a top coat over your nail design I didn't get any smearing or smuges and the color got more bright and vivid.
I am also very pleased with the amount of control I have with the pen. I always seem to get a shakey hand when using a nail brush.
I just pushed the tip of the pen down before each nail and it was enough paint for the design.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?