BY SALLY HANSEN #12 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Elizabeth E.
Langhorne, PA
I own three of these nail art pens, and I'm not too fond of them. Actually, I don't like them at all. They're not very bright on the nail and they fade pretty fast. Also, it's hard to get the polish out without messing up your nail (unless you press the tip on a piece of paper to dispense it.) You'd be better off buying an actual liquid nail art nail polish.
Billie Q.
Evansville, IN
I love the idea of this just wish it would work better then it does. I have several of these and they do work but sometimes it comes out too fast and gets everywhere. Word of advice make sure you do these over some type of protection, I like to do it at the kitchen table and use those plastic grocery bags to cover the area I am sitting at in case of a mess.
Tiffany C.
Staten Island, NY
The pens are a good idea but these don't work as great as I expected and I was very disappointed. They worked well the first few times I used it but after a while the polish became watery and then eventually dried out. The pens are pretty expensive as well and it's not worth the money if you can only get 2-3 uses out of them before they don't work anymore.
Julie Z.
San Francisco, CA
Yes, these pens are very convenient. But there is a giant but because they are great on the go. The thing is when you shake it up and press the back thing sometimes it doesn't come out. Then you click it repeatedly and a whole lot comes out in a rush. That is the crappiest thing ever. And it really annoys me so i would rather just paint my nails regularly.
Lena J.
These looked liked they would be easy to use. But they need to be revamped big time. The polish doesn't flow very well out of the tip. I constantly had to push the tip in to get the polish to come out. Then there was way too much polish coming out. If they changed the design of it I might try it again.
Sarah H.
Orlando, FL
I've tried these pens out several times but they have never given me results that I liked. The tip clogs, dries out, or the pen simply runs out of polish too fast. The nail polish that comes out of the pens doesn't even seem to be of the same quality most Sally polishes are, which makes it difficult to accomplish anything besides a simple french-tip.
Hannah G.
Woodruff, SC
As far as a nail tools go I probably have them all. I was ecstatic when these came out. So much so I purchased every color available before trying them. They leak, the color doesn't show up well and most of it looks really watered down. Even with a top coat it looks dull and the color doesn't show well. A dotting tool or a striper is much better to use.
Nava N.
I bought a white pen in hopes of doing some nail art but its easier to do nail art using dotting tools and stripping tape then this pen. The color clogs and doesn't come out. The fact that you have to push down on the tip of the pen for the color to come out does not make this very easy to work with.
Tonya S.
Carol Stream, IL
They look like they would work really well but the ones I have really didn't. The first time I tried using it assuming it would leave a nice solid line. It left a barely there streak. I tried a few more times eventually using a bit more pressure and it came out in a thick mess. It isn't something I could even make a design with. I'm very disappointed.
Leticia C.
I bought these thinking they would work good because it is a Sally Hansen product, but this product is awful. I used the pink one and it looks dry and the color doesn't look nice. It looks like you have to do double coat to make it noticeable but when you do another coat it erased the first layer. I do not recumbent this product because they don't work.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?

back