BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Elizabeth T.
Groveland , MA
I love the idea of these pens, I love to paint designs on my nails and these seemed like an easy way to do that. The color in them isn't very intense and they tend to let out more color than you need so they get everywhere. If they weren't so expensive, I'd recommend them for tweens or even younger girls to experiment with but they're really too pricey for that.
Ashley K.
Parma Heights, OH
I tried this when it first came out and I was pretty excited at first thinking that I owuld be ble to create so many cool designs effortlessly. However, those hopes fell flat. It seemed like I put more effort in using this pen when the polish actually came out. I wouldn't waste my time with this product anymore, better off using regular polish and styling tricks.
Ashlyn K.
Bakersville, NC
I was unimpressed by these. With having over 270+ polishes, I consider myself a nail enthusiast. I actually found one on sale, so I did decide to try it. It was watery, did not want to stick to my base polish, and I would probably have to do 5 layers to build it up to complete opacity. They most definitely aren't worth the $10 price tag. Don't waste your money.
Kaylan A.
Naples, FL
Review for: Neon Pink more...
These Sally Hansen Nail art pens are so fun to use. They can be tricky to apply but I wouldn't say they are hard to use. They come in beautiful and fun colors and I think they are a good value. My daughters and I buy them once in a while to add colors to our collection and we have a lot of fun with them.
Sinead K.
Minneapolis, MN
It's usually hard for me to go wrong with Sally but this item is a bit of a hit and miss. I had to retry 3 times before I got it to do what I wanted and then it dried silver (using white). It looks fun in the end and it got the job (almost) done but not great.

Overall, it still is a kick for the price but I'd definitely go with something else in the future.
Ingrid M.
Brighton, MA
It's very easy to use, but kind of chalky. It has a very fine tip, so would be great for writing/thin lined nail art... not the best for polka dots or stripes as it tends to get sketch-like with extra, feathering lines. This could also be my fault though, as drawing on my own hands is pretty difficult!
Elizabeth E.
Langhorne, PA
I own three of these nail art pens, and I'm not too fond of them. Actually, I don't like them at all. They're not very bright on the nail and they fade pretty fast. Also, it's hard to get the polish out without messing up your nail (unless you press the tip on a piece of paper to dispense it.) You'd be better off buying an actual liquid nail art nail polish.
Billie Q.
Evansville, IN
I love the idea of this just wish it would work better then it does. I have several of these and they do work but sometimes it comes out too fast and gets everywhere. Word of advice make sure you do these over some type of protection, I like to do it at the kitchen table and use those plastic grocery bags to cover the area I am sitting at in case of a mess.
Ashley S.
Marietta, GA
I actually would give these a B-. They work okay, and it might satisfy you if you aren't so good generally at nail art. You do have to put on basecoat or nail polish before you apply it and top coat afterwards, or else it won't work well. You probably can't do really cool nail art with this, but it will work for little designs like flowers or a french tip.
Julie Z.
San Francisco, CA
Yes, these pens are very convenient. But there is a giant but because they are great on the go. The thing is when you shake it up and press the back thing sometimes it doesn't come out. Then you click it repeatedly and a whole lot comes out in a rush. That is the crappiest thing ever. And it really annoys me so i would rather just paint my nails regularly.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?