BY SALLY HANSEN

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Janaye M.
Albuquerque, NM
The idea of being able to effectively, and quickly, do nail art designs is extremely appealing. Especially for those of us who are not blessed with a natural talent for nail art. I was very excited to pick up this item from Walgreens several months ago (BTW as of DEC. 17, 2013 they are on sale for ABOUT $3.00 at Walgreens). I was extremely disappointed.

The pen itself is chunky and thick which makes it a little uncomfortable to hold. The tip of the marker is felt and is very stiff. So if your nail polish is even the slightest bit soft, you dent it while trying to use this pen to make your designs. Also, because of the felt tip being so thick and stiff, it is hard to get truly precise designs.

I got this marker in white and it was extremely patchy and sheer. It is hard enough to get a crisp design once, forget about trying to go over it again to make it opaque while keeping that clean design.

Also, the formula is not actually nail polish. It is a water based paint. While this is a good idea in theory, because if you mess up you can clean up your mistake with water rather and it wont mess up your polish, but it also means that it smears very easily when applying your top coat. An extremely light hand is needed.
Marty N.
Not a fan of the sally hansen art pens, I find that they scratch off easy even with a thick top coat on top which I find weird, I also don't like the formula. I prefer using a thin brush with regular nail polish to do designs instead of this pen, on aother note I do use this pen when I'm in a hurry and inpatient.
Miriah P.
Boone, NC
SAlly Hansen is always a trusted and well known/often used brand in our household. You can always expect quality from their products just as with this nail art pen. I enjoyed the ease of this product as well as the formula.
zoe h.
kind of hard to use, not the cleanest.. it has nice color tho, but it can be easily messed up. the tip is very hard and not the easiest to use. i wouldn't recommend and i most likely wouldn't buy it again, but maybe it's best for people new to nail art?
Jissenia C.
Brooklyn, NY
So I actually bought this product while on 1 of my pharmacy beauty hunts. I bought this product with great expectations because I like Sally Hansen products. In this nail polish shopping spree I also bought the Kiss Nail Artist paint & stencil kit which honestly I was a little skeptical about but was willing to try it because it was on sale. I can say I wasn't disappointed in the Kiss product. So I got everything home oh and I also bought my first Rhimmel London polish love love love that polish it goes on beautifully. Anyway so I polished my nails let them dry and then started to draw the christmas tree on with the white nail art pen what a disaster that was. I was so upset I had to literally start my nails over from scratch because this watered down nail art pen had ruined the nail and in the attempt to salvage my work I ended up ruining the rest of the nails. So no I would not buy this product again unless they change the consistency make it a little denser not to much but just a little more. I think Sally Hansen has to go back to the lab with this product.
Emma T.
Richmond, KY
I'm awful at doing nails, well, really at doing anything girly. This product was super easy to use, and is definitely my go to for when I need to spruce up my nails for a special occasion. Would recommend!
Candace K.
Hillsborough, NC
I bought one of these before they changed the packaging, I have the one where there's a flower design on the pen cap. In theory these are great for freehand art because they are supposed to apply like a felt tip marker but the "polish" in the pen is terrible. It dries out way too quick during application and even with a top coat it basically smears right off leaving your nail color but causing your design to disappear. Once dry it looks almost chalky rather than like paint. You're supposed to shake these then push down to release the paint but I feel like even the directions just ruin the tip. Also, they're quite expensive - $5.99 A PIECE?! I wouldn't pay more than $2.00 for these, for that price you may as well buy a polish.
Heather F.
Prnc Frederck, MD
Really well really drys quick but the only thing it chips really compared to other style pens really love it easy styling pen for nails I got this from Walgreens really recommend to others I love it but it chips
Liliana A.
Waukegan, IL
I love this pen it's perfect to make all to designs you want in your nails & it's super pigmented and it does not smudge at all. I bought mine at Sally handsen. I would definitely recommend it to others
Danni G.
Kennesaw, GA
I have seen these pens for quite some time and would never purchase do to the price. I just didn't feel like it was a good investment when I never heard good reviews. I am left handed so painting and doing nail art on my left hand is beyond hard! I found a navy blue art pen at Big Lots for $1. Now was time to try. I did not have any problems with too much coming out or too little. It went on smoothly and dried super fast. However, it dried to a dual matte finish that smeared once I put my topcoat on. I go a little on my skin and that was a torture to get off. I did try the pen again, only did time for a pedicure. My feet have more patience to dry than I do so I figured maybe I just wasn't completely dry the first time. I had much better results on the piggies. The polish had an hour to dry, I just painted go on the computer to blog, by the time I was done my toes were dry and I added my topcoat which did not smear the design. I say these are good pens for practice and your piggies but not on my must-haves.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?