BY SALLY HANSEN #16 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Cassie V.
St. Thomas, Ontario
I know a lot of people don't like these nail art pens, but I don't mind them. Yes I will admit that they don't last long. I find if you use them on top of a sally hansen nail polish and DO NOT use a top coat, they last a lot longer. I have had mine last for a week before fading in colour. There is a wide variety of colours which is extremely beneficial. The ones that I have are really easy to use and they aren't too thick. I have been able to do multiple cool designs with them, no problems. Shoppers Drug Mart has them usually for around $4 a pen, which is a really good price!
Elizabeth C.
Vancouver
I just got one of these pens in white. White nail polish has a tendency to be thicker, but this had a great consistency. It was really easy to apply and came on opaque over my bright orange polish. The only con I saw was that it wore off really quickly. You'll need a quality top coat to keep your designs.
Marie-Helene R.
Montreal
I don't have a lot of experience with nail art pens but I was not impressed with these. They were a bit expensive, I didn't find they had great colors to choose from, the white was definitely a major FAIL, it was coming out really runny and thin on the nail, could barely see the design and had to go over it a few times to get decent lines. The black was also on the thin side and hard to work with. Won't purchase again.
Megan P.
I bought one for me and my mom to try and I let her pick the color. The colors that are available are very nice and it's a great concept but I find that the polish tends to dry out exceedingly fast. Maybe I had a bad one, I don't know. I'm willing to buy a different a color to give it one last chance. As for now, I'll stick to the regular type nail polish.
Mary F.
Taber, AB
I don't know why yours all washes off. I used the royal blue one and it works wonders. Perfect for adding your own personal touch, and it didn't wash off like some people say. I tested on my toenails and I find that if i apply a clear coat of polish it looks blended into the base color AND lasts EVEN longer! Will definitely buy more in the future
sherri c.
Cambridge , ON
I love the idea of just being able to draw on ur nail art with a pen, but when u shake it to much and it all comes out not cool, i works for the first few times u use it but then dries out and it peels off even after a top coat not a big fan, i wish the would go back to the drawing board and get it right cause is easy for people to draw with a pen like tool
Sarah O.
Windsor, Ontario
Unfortunately, these do not live up to the expectations. If you think you will have cool professional looking nails, don't waste your money. You have to be very artistic and steady-handed to use these and even then, they don't come out perfect. The product itself dries out very quickly and so I was only able to use it a handful of times. Must use a clearcoat for it to stay on a decent amount of time.
Cintia U.
Montreal
I like drawing stuff on my nails and I always had trouble using nail polish and a toothpick, the polish takes very long to dry and sometimes its too thick and I will accidentally smudge it :( After I got this pen, it saved me a lot of time having to dip and draw.. I could just use it as a marker and draw on the top of my painted nails. I love how it came out and definitely I will be repurchasing!
Becky L.
Bristol, Bristol
The Sally Hansen nail art pens are a great concept, but fail to follow through. The colour doesn't show up that well, which surprised me, as the nail paints are amazing and completely opaque- even light colours only need one coat.
Also, they're very over priced. They're hard to find in the UK and cost nearly £10, when the Barry M nail pens only cost a few pounds and are incredibly opaque.
Francesca R.
The packaging for the product was pretty, however the quality of the product didn't really live up to the high expectations I had from the Sally Hansen brand. I found that it was very watery and messy and the application wasn't always reliable, it would sometimes take forever to come out or come out so quickly it would make a mess. The colour itself was quite sheer but eventually dried.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?