BY SALLY HANSEN #16 in Nail Art

Buy now on www.ulta.com
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Danielle D.
I'm a pretty big Sally Hansen fan, I find their products do almost exactly what they claim, every time. But in the rush to get nail art pens on the market, Sally missed the mark. The polish loaded inside this pen is watered down, you need to go over your designs again and again to get any real thickness or consistency, and if you don't seal it, it rubs off rather easily. I've purchased a few of these, thinking that maybe I just got a bad pen or something, but no, you're much better off just buying a nail art set, or heck, using a pair of chopsticks and dipping them in nail polish than using this.
Francesca L.
Toronto, ON
Nothing good about this product AT ALL! I bought one, tried using it and now it sits in the back of my beauty cupboard.

It is too thin or translucent to use over another colour. I got the pink and tried it over white just to see if maybe that would at least work and nope! It's too runny and whatever you try doing will just be one big hot mess. Save your 8 bucks and just buy a beautiful nail polish colour instead.
Ariel M.
Toronto, ON
This product seems like a good idea. and seemed reasonable given the price.But i was saddened by how bad they were, first off to even apply it to your nail u have to push the tip down, the tip is like a marker top, and applying force to things like that will make the bushels stray away .It emits too much product, and it rubs off very easily.
Sarah T.
Victoria, BC
I absolutely love this pen! It takes a little while to get used to (shake really well before each use) but it's great for drawing nail art design and definitely encourages me to experiment more. I currently only have it in white but I'm planning on buying more colours soon.

Con: The polish doesn't last long. Don't bother applying the night before because you'll just need to re do your design in the morning anyway
Brianna E.
Lethbridge , AB
Sorry Sally Hanson but these pens are so dissapointing. I absolutely love love love the concept but they don't work properly at all...no matter how much you shake the pen first the color does not come out properly and the tip scrapes away your base coat because you have to push so hard to get it out. The polish is also super runny so you cant even create designs without it all bleeding together.
Chantelle C.
Orillia, ON
I was so Happy to find these at the Dollar store for $2 each! They were at my local drug store for $12! So naturally I bought all of the colours they had. Except I was severely disappointed when I came home and tried them repeatedly. The polish will spread and its hard to handle, you have to push the tip down to waste some polish to get it coated ever time you use it which makes a mess. I do not recommend these even at the $2 each I paid at the Dollar store unfortunately:(
anabelle l.
ottawa,ontario
I bought the white pen so I could do my own french manicure and pedicure. I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst after purchasing the paint pen by Sally specificallly for tips... but this stuff worked great! It is such a fine tip and the paint doesn't come out too fast. It was fine on my toes, but I had to sleep on top of my covers. Then, the next morning I applied a clear top coat and it still messed up one of my toes. I just touched it up and went out the door. I recommend- but maybe wait for a sale!
Jaymie F.
Ajax, Ontario
I love the idea of these nail art pens! The only problem is that they can become very messy and often times hard to work with. When I first used it, I realized very quickly that they take quite a bit of time to dry. They also leak a lot and this isn't good when you want precision and neatness. All in all I would recommend the good old pen and nail polish trick. If you want to make a design on your nails, start my dipping a ball-point pen in some nail polish and then make designs like that. Much easier and cheaper!
Carina C.
Newmarket, ON
These Nail Art Pens are marketed as being able to draw thin lines and intricate designs on your nails, however, I don't find this to be the case. They are quite difficult to use and the colour is too thin and tends to bleed. I also have a problem with it not having a consistant colour flow.

I would suggest to use regular small-tipped nail art nail polishes instead. If you're looking to do any intense nail designs, look into the Konad stamp sets. You'll end up with a far better result.
Katie C.
Ottawa, ON
Got this with high hopes, but honestly it just isn't that great. I got it in white, and it applies weird, almost like watered-down whiteout or something. Also, after it dries, it rubs off very easily. I put a top coat over it but quickly realized that the top coat was rubbing off the design as I went over it, so I had to apply it super gently to avoid this problem. I also found myself having to go over the same spots over and over because the colour came out sort of transparent.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?

back