BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Logan B.
Review for: Lot Of 5 Different Pens more...
Very fun for nail decorating. Doesn't last very long and chips pretty easily. Cheaper alternative to going to get your nails done at a salon. I purchased mine from either walmart or target. First time user and would recommend for events and not long time use in my personal opinion.
Kathleen H.
The first time using this, it was very watery and runny. Didn't dry, which caused it to smear all over. I gave it a second chance and it didn't last an hour before it started to chip off. A week later the pen was completely dried out. Ended up throwing it out. Wouldn't buy again
Jasmine G.
Damascus
Review for: Other more...
It's really easy to use to do fine lines and stuff but you have to press for the color to come out which messes up your polish and you have to put a top coat on top or else it's going to smudge and ruin your polish id say to stick to doing designs with polish and toothpicks
Stephanie F.
Copperas Cove, TX
Review for: Pearly White, Neon Pink, Turquoise more...
I bought several of these pens thinking that they would be a fun and easy way to do some nail art, a huge disappointment. The colors do not show up well and they wear off fast. A low quality product that, honestly isn't even worth trying. Definitely don't recommend.
Whitney B.
I am that person with a perfectly manicured set of nails. I've had the clean and classic french manicure every day for the past two years. With that being said, it gets pretty spendy heading to the nail salon every Saturday morning for a fill in. Two weeks ago, a friend suggested I tried giving myself a french manicure by using these Sally Hansen's nail art pens. I decided to give it a go, and I picked up a white one on my way home from work that day. I removed my manicure, buffed my nails, and carefully lined the tips of my nails with the white line I love so much. It didn't look awful, but the white could be thicker. I had to apply three coats for the color to actually be white instead of a translucent white-ish color. After it dried, I applied a clear top coat. At that point I figured it was doable because it didn't take much time and multiple coats weren't a big issue. The next morning as I was brushing my teeth, I noticed that simply showering had removed nearly ALL of the white nail polish I had applied just the night before! I was pretty disappointed. The next day, I went to the nail salon and got a proper manicure. These pens may be convenient, but they certainly aren't worth reapplying daily. That's a lot of time for a product that is already only mediocre.
Amber K.
Westmont, IL
These pens are amazing!  I bought the white one and got hooked. Now, I have one in every color!  They are so easy to use. They are a little pricey. But so so worth it!  I have tried a few of the other generic ones but they don't work nearly as well.
Christine M.
This was an impulse buy for me that I later ended up using for a Halloween costume. Super easy to apply, but thankfully I only needed my nails to look good for one night because it smudged off almost completely, although I didn't apply a top coat. Probably would not buy again.
Janaye M.
Albuquerque, NM
The idea of being able to effectively, and quickly, do nail art designs is extremely appealing. Especially for those of us who are not blessed with a natural talent for nail art. I was very excited to pick up this item from Walgreens several months ago (BTW as of DEC. 17, 2013 they are on sale for ABOUT $3.00 at Walgreens). I was extremely disappointed.

The pen itself is chunky and thick which makes it a little uncomfortable to hold. The tip of the marker is felt and is very stiff. So if your nail polish is even the slightest bit soft, you dent it while trying to use this pen to make your designs. Also, because of the felt tip being so thick and stiff, it is hard to get truly precise designs.

I got this marker in white and it was extremely patchy and sheer. It is hard enough to get a crisp design once, forget about trying to go over it again to make it opaque while keeping that clean design.

Also, the formula is not actually nail polish. It is a water based paint. While this is a good idea in theory, because if you mess up you can clean up your mistake with water rather and it wont mess up your polish, but it also means that it smears very easily when applying your top coat. An extremely light hand is needed.
Marty N.
Review for: Black more...
Not a fan of the sally hansen art pens, I find that they scratch off easy even with a thick top coat on top which I find weird, I also don't like the formula. I prefer using a thin brush with regular nail polish to do designs instead of this pen, on aother note I do use this pen when I'm in a hurry and inpatient.
zoe h.
kind of hard to use, not the cleanest.. it has nice color tho, but it can be easily messed up. the tip is very hard and not the easiest to use. i wouldn't recommend and i most likely wouldn't buy it again, but maybe it's best for people new to nail art?
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?