BY SALLY HANSEN #12 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
michelle m.
North bergen , NJ
These pens are expensive and suck. Sure, you'll get some color out of them once you open it and maybe the next use. But after that don't even plan on it. They dry out WAYYYYYYYY to fast. There's hardly an paint inside to even begin with. and the polish is pretty thin so if you want to make a cute design, try aiming for a blob because that's what you'll get. This products SEEMS like a good idea but it reality it sucks. I'll just stick to making designs with a tooth pick.
Angeline Y.
It's pretty costly for what it does, I don't find it very useful, and it's not really efficient in making the designs you want. The concept is cool, the execution not so much. When i decide I want to do designs on my nails, I would still prefer using the long super thin brushes for it.
Alba A.
I bought two of these nail polish pens thinking that they would be perfect for small details when I do my nails but boy was I in for a surprise. The polish formula was very watery and it completely ruin my nail design that I had so carefully done. I try shaking the pens for a while to see if it was that maybe I had not shaking them properly. I ended up throwing them away, money wasted for nothing.
Dakota N.
E Patchogue, NY
You have to push on the tip to get the color to come out when usually 1 of 2 things happens: 1) you mess up the nail polish you are trying to add a design to or 2) nail polish all over. Not to mention the superhuman motor control and artistic ability you would need to actually create a legible design with these (if you can manage to get them flowing appropriately)! Pay the $10 for a mani if you want a design, or get those nail polishes with the skinny brushes.
Andrea M.
I got this pen for Christmas and was really excited because I love doing nail art but this pen was such a let down. the polish bled all over the place when I was trying to use it and when I tried to use it again another day the polish that bled all over the place had dried onto the pen making it almost impossible to use again. so glad this was a gift because I would not pay money for this product.
Courtney C.
Marietta, GA
This fun and colorful nail polish pens look fun and easy to use, but that's just simply not the case. If the nail polish is not dry enough, the stiff marker will drag through your polish and you'll have to start all over. I have found that in order to get a good payoff, I have to press down hard which isn't that easy. Sure, the colors are great and the idea is there, but it's simply not user friendly.
Marina W.
Arlington, MA
Expensive, and you can't buy them in packages. Bad quality nail polish, and the pen itself stopped working for me and nothing more would come out. Also, when it did work too much came out at a time and ran all over my nail because the polish was so watery. You're better of ordering online from Miji nail ark, there are a bunch of sets of colors you can choose and if it breaks or you run out of polish, you just contact them and they send you more of that color for FREE!
Tasha O.
Rio Rancho, NM
This product is something to try, but it's not the best quality. I found that they were easy to use, but not all the colors worked. I have tried; black, white, green, and pink. Out of all of these the black and green were the only ones that somewhat worked. They come off the nails pretty quickly as well. One plus is that you don't have to wait for them to dry, but that's about all that's great about them. Cool concept, just wish they worked a little better.
Megan B.
Plainville, CT
I purchased a couple of these in hopes that they would be easier to use than other pens, but they are not fine tip (big, fat, felt tip), both of mine were runny, and they ended up looking like I took a nearly dried out dry erase board marker to my nails. When I tried to do a thin stripe down my nail, the silver glided on in a thick line and then the "polish" all pooled at the base of my nail. I could either get next to no polish coming out, or a runny mess.
Caitlin B.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Okay, I won't give it an F, because the pen works occasionally. However, if I'm going to spend 9-10 bucks I would expect the product to work more than occasionally. The pen dries out quickly and is difficult to write with because the ink won't come out sometimes. When it finally does come out it tends to be watery and creates a puddle on the nail. The times that it does work, it chips off very easily. I'd prefer a skinny brush and regular polish to this product.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?

back