BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Maira  S.
Kingman, AZ
Was so disappointed. Always wanted to try these and got them on sale. When I got home to try them the paint wasn't coming out easy. I had to apply pressure to get nail color and the paint was thin. It was ok for dots and stripes but not anything to detailed. Which I thought they would do. At least I only paid a dollar for each but would not buy again.
Laura (Katie) H.
Arlington, VA
You have to figure out how to use this correctly, or it won't work at all. Make sure that your first coat of polish (if any) is completely dry, or else this will just mess up the first coat and make it look chipped and messy. Apply a top coat AFTER, not before this step. I bought a white one of these, and I do use it- but would be much happier if the product came out easier. You have to press down on the tip for awhile on another surface to make sure it works before applying to the nail.
Amber D.
Georgetown, KY
The Price and the color choices are the only good things about this product. I bought a red pen, the red was not a thick consistency and chipped off really easy. The pen itself wasn't easy to use. The idea is to shake it up and press down on the marker tip for more polish to come out. This did not work, the polish would come out in glops Shaking the pen was also hazardous if you did not return the cap each time. I got polish splatter all over my desk. I will not buy this product again.
Tami W.
Oklahoma City, OK
I bought 2 of these, but I wish I hadn't. I've used them 2 times, have the same issues others mentioned. The polish in the pens seems to be watery and it does dry out too quick. The quality is really poor for the price, you'd think they would change up the formula or at least reduce the price. If I saw any of these on sale for $1 I would buy more, but they are not worth the $8-$9 most retailers charge for them. I'm not a big fan of Sally Hansen anyway, and buying these pens reminded me why.
Jennalee O.
Chippewa Falls, WI
I've tried a few of these and have been nothing but disappointed. Unfortunately, the light ones don't show up for crap over the a dark base color. It can turn out to be a mess no matter what color you use. Just skip 'em and get yourself a dotting kit, it's so much easier and you've got a lot more options with it!
Aubrey S.
Yucaipa, CA
I had the black pen to do designs with, but the tip was too big and kind of runny so you have to be really careful if you want to do smaller designs. Over time I kept the cap on but it dried out anyways, and when applied, the ink didn't last very long.
If you're looking for an easy way to add dots on your nails or something this is good and cheap enough for how much use you'll get from it - but I just wasn't a huge fan.
I might purchase again if I can't find another alternative.
Hilary J.
Las Vegas, NV
I got these as a gift for Christmas last year, and was really excited about them. They are functional as nail pens, but do not allow you to create super thin lines. Additionally any of the times I have not put a clear coat over mine, paint I put on using the nail pen, comes off, usually taking with it the base coat. I am not sure what the cost, but I would say its worth it as long as a pack isn't more thank $5.
Alena A.
Oviedo, FL
Ok so this product is really bad. I would first paint my nails enthen i would let them dry enthen i would put the nail art on top of that when it was dry. the first thing that i noticed is that the pen did not glide on well, the second thing is that the color did not show up well, then i came to use it like 4 weeks later and the pen was pretty dried out and i could not use it. so over all this product is low quality and you should not waste your money on it. save your money!
Alisha P.
These are pretty cute and they write well enough but they rub off your fingernails very quickly. I guess you could apply and overcoat but silly me wants a nail art pen that lasts about as long as the nail polish. The variety pack had 4 polishes, I believe, but two of them were the same color (lame). Also you can't paint on your nails directly.
Christina F.
Knoxville , TN
The pen is so messy. It comes out in globs and then dries out super fast. You can't get an even line because it's just streaky and awful. This would probably be great for little kids seeing as it's less messy than a whole bottle of nail polish spilled, but for someone who cares what their nails looks like it's not the greatest thing. You can make it work if you try really hard, but it's easier to use a toothpick or bobbypin and normal nail polish so I don't see why you would want to.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?