BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Hannah S.
Ontario, CA
I received this in a present when I was obsessed with nail art. I was really looking forward to using this as I thought it would be so much easier than using a dotting tool or a striper, but unfortunately it wasn't. The product seemed like it dried out, but actually it was stuck in the pen, and it would end up releasing too much on my nail and ruining the design. As well, when it dried, it dried cracked so I though I had to go over it to fix it, but it just made it worse. I wouldn't recommend this, but I really wished it worked well!
Idelsa P.
Lexington Pk, MD
These are great if you want to experiment with designs but you have to get used to using it. In order for the ink to come out you have to press down and then make the design. If you press too hard too much comes out and sometimes messes up your nail. If you press to light nothing comes out. This is the reason which I stopped using it, I could never be in between, unless I bought a faulty one. These are great if you're not used to making designs, you can start off with these. You get a good grip and the tip is not too thin or too thick.
Jennifer B.
Vineland, NJ
I flip flop between liking Sally Hansen products and then avoiding them for a while. Everything from their company is a hit or miss from me and unfortunately it is usually a miss.

I have bought a couple of nail art pens in the past to try my hand at dotting and swirls. The polish would either not come out of it would end up on the nail in a big puddle of a dot.

I have since bought brushes and dotting tools for my manicures. I would recommend a thin striper brush over these any day. Don't waste your money ladies.
Tasha J.
Carnegie, PA
When you can get these to work right they are perfect! I have 5 of these in different shades and I'd say 3 of them are perfect and the other 2 I've had trouble with... It seems like it's something you can get the hang of though. Shake them first to get the best consistency, then press down GENTLY! If it doesn't start to flow right away, pressing harder will only cause you to make a mess... Once the polish is to the tip just remember not to press down again unless the pen is getting dry. My daughter loves to use these and so do I!
Michelle W.
I was rather disappointed with these products. It's a great idea but has many flaws. I was excited to try it out. It takes a lot of practice to get the designs right, but practice is not the issue here. The pen tend to 'explode', if you don't use enough pressure than nothing would come out but if you put just a little too much pressure it would all come out at once. The second issue is that the designs don't last, it comes off within a day or two. The third issue is that is quite pricey, especially since it has so many flaws.
Emily L.
Warren, ME
Though the price wasn't heinous, I found that it was not worth it in any case. I bought the white stick and after my 2nd coat of color dried, I took the longest time applying a really cool pattern. When I went to put my top coat on after, it washed the designs right off. The second time I tried this process, blaming myself for the mistake, I waited for the design to dry for a longer amount of time so as not to repeat my mistake, but it cracked and the designs became less sharp and detailed. I do not recommend this product.
Sarah P.
Vallejo, CA
My friend and I both bought one of these pens, mine in black, hers in white, in hopes of trading off for some awesome home manicures. We were both thoroughly disappointed! :( The polish chips away WAY too quick, even with a super good top coat! I found that the polish seemed to dry out IN the pen after only having it for a few weeks! I also had trouble getting a smooth application over my base coat. These pens cost almost $9.00, so for the price, I was not a happy camper.
Yaneris L.
I bought this one in white, and although I won't spend $11 to buy another color, I do use the white quite often and have had no trouble with it staining. You do have to let it dry after using and then apply a top coat so that it won't just smear away. You have to let it dry or the top coat with blend it. It has a great concept and has worked for me but it does get messy sometimes. Best part for me is that if you mess up, it can just be wiped off and you don't have to do your nails all over again (bottom coat I mean)
Tawni M.
South Jordan, UT
I have the black one, and it is hard to get off of skin, but it is very black and pigmented and went on very smooth. I wish it would have lasted longer, but if you top it with a clear coat (which is dries way fast) then it lasts longer. Because there aren't a lot of other brands, it's hard to compare to, but it's a great concept and hopefully more will follow their ideas.
Rachel K.
Greensburg, PA
I have purchased these when they can out because I am a huge nail art fan and I try everything! Sadly I was let down by these, they are very pricey ($8.00-$11.00) and they just don't deliver! They dry out quickly and they don't have much precision like other nail art pens. Sometimes they put out way too much polish and other times not enough which causes smearing and smudges! You can easily do what they say they can with either a different brand or other tools, like polish and a toothpick or dotting tool.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?