BY SALLY HANSEN #16 in Nail Art

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Alexis G.
Damariscotta, ME
I was so excited to try this pen out. I thought finally I'll be able to achieve cool nail designs with out the mess and purchasing nail brushes. I was less than impressed with this nail pen. When I used it, the polish shrunk on my nail leaving my "straight" line as a funky looking splotchy thing. It took a lot of time and effort to accomplish the look I wanted. The idea of this pen is brilliant. I would recommend Sally Hansen working on the formula of this product.
Nicole T.
Albuquerque, NM
I got the pin in hopes of helping me make my daughter's nails more fun. The only time this actually is good, is when she wants a French manicure because I can put it right on the nail ( even though you aren't supposed to) and it drys rather quick this way. When you try and use it on top of another color, it pulls at the underpaint and doesn't turn out right. It also seems like the paint on the tip drys out too fast. I have to keep shaking it. Not all its cracked up to be.
Mandy H.
The idea of this was great but it was executed poorly. The product just didn't work like I thought it was supposed to. The liquid isn't even nail polish. It took forever for the ink to come out. The consistency of it seemed really watery. When it dried you could wipe it off with your finger. If you put a top coat on afterwards, the ink seemed to crack underneath it. The price of this is also too much for what it is.
Veronica S.
Dover, NH
I like the idea of the pen, but I don't like the actual product. It's easy to use on your nails, but you can rub it right off. It's more like drawing on your nail with a Sharpie than it is drawing with nail polish. Since it is more like a Sharpie you can rub it off and it washes off easily. They're not the cheapest thing around and it's not really worth it. Such a bummer. I do not recommend these.
ashley s.
Louisville, KY
I was excited when these came out. I am a huge nail nerd, and I love doing designs for holidays, or just for fun. I thought these would be the perfect tool for me, but I was wrong. I bought 4 different pens, in various colors, and couldn't wait to use them. I tried them out, and found that the tips become over saturated with color very easily, which turns into a big mess. Applying a top coat is out of the question, unless you want a smeary mess on your nails, and the "Paint" rubs off super easily. Save your money and don't buy these!
Abbigals F.
When you first buy this product it looks to be fabulous but after taking off the cap and trying to use this product you soon realize why it was in the discount section. Not only does the nail polish not come off the tip but it is all dried up when you try to use it. Also there is little choice when it comes to what colors you can buy. My sister bought this product and after trying unsuccessfully to paint her nails I gave up and used a tiny paint brush and normal bottle of nail polish. I would definitely recommend staying away from this brand.
Amy S.
Allen, TX
I love doing my nails and having different designs on them. When this product first came out I was so excited. I spent the $8 for one only to be horribly disappointed. It made blobs when I wanted lines, and took forever to even start working. After finishing my design that wasn't exactly what I wanted to begin with I waited for it to dry completely. Then I put a top coat on only to smear the design more and get color mixed in with my top coat. I was very disappointed in this product. It was a great idea, but just didn't work right for me.
Sara B.
Flint, MI
While these are a great idea, I feel the follow through on creating the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens fell short.

The pens need to be well shaken to use and the cap always kept on tight when not in use. But even this does not prevent them from drying up quickly. The pictures on the packaging give off false hope. The red will not show up vividly on black nail polish to create hearts, and getting them to create a tiny line is quite difficult. A tiny slip and pushing down too hard can create a puddle on your nails.

I wouldn't waste your money.
Kimberly Y.
Riverside, CA
I have two of these, the gold and the white. My gold tends to never want to come out, so if I want to use it, I need to press the tip down on a sheet of paper or something, but then it just pools on the paper and nothing comes from the tip, so I pick it up from the little pool of color. For the white, I use it for small details or when I need to touch up something else that was white but got smeared. If you have the time and patience to work with these, they are okay for small details, but I would never try to do a large scale design with them.
Carlena S.
Middletown , NY
I have tried several colors of this product. I like them all pretty well and the idea is very cool! I love being able to "draw" on my nails. And the colors are all great. BUT after using them on a few nails and shaking the pen to release more of the polish I've found that the pen starts to get way too runny. And then I just end up with globs all over my fingernails, but very shortly after the pen will go back to normal. Having said that however, I will continue to buy them. Just have to be very cautious with them halfway through your nails,
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?