BY SALLY HANSEN

I Heart Nail Art Pens

• Fine-tip pen makes it easy to control
  • Great for French Manicures too
  • Water-based formula is environmentally friendly
  • Water-based formula must be sealed with a top coat

How To Apply:

• Do not apply to bare nail.
  • Apply base coat or polish before use - allow to dry completely.
  • Shake pen with cap on.
  • Push tip on hard surface to dispense color.
  • Apply nail art as desired.
  • Seal with a top coat.

• What should I put on my nails after doing my design so it...2 Answers
  • Where is the cheapest place to buy these? 6 Answers
  • About how many uses will you get out of these?2 Answers
Jennifer M.
Hanover, MD
These work really well for elaborate designs. You do have to put a top coat on over it otherwise it will come right off. Make sure you have a thick paper towel to get the paint started cause it can come gushing out. I have done very nice designs on my nails with these and have gotten many compliments on them for that. I am not very good with painting my own nails but with these to create a design it is very easy.
Lydia A.
Los Angeles, CA
I have tried several colors of this product. I like them all pretty well and the idea is very cool! I love being able to "draw" on my nails. And the colors are all great. BUT after using them on a few nails and shaking the pen to release more of the polish I've found that the pen starts to get way too runny. And then I just end up with globs all over my fingernails, but very shortly after the pen will go back to normal. Having said that however, I love these pens so I will continue to buy them. Just have to be very cautious with them halfway through your nails,lol<3
Ana Q.
Amarillo, TX
I really love and I am really into nail art! I love doing all types of designs and stuff on my nails and when I saw these at the store I was so excited to try them out and take some home with me! the first thing I noticed was the price! I mean six to eight dollars for a pen? It sounded a little crazy! Then when I got to them I noticed that they were runny and we're just poorly formulated. You have never let me down before Sally Hansen, but I guess there's a first time for everything! :(
maria m.
Modesto, CA
Frances F.
Elizabethton, TN
I own several of these pens...White, Black, Red, and Blue...you just want to make sure that your first coat of polish (your base) is dry, and that you use the pen on paper first so you don't end up making a mess :) They take a little bit to get used to, but once you get used to how it writes it's a great tool for fun nail art! Also after using/making your design, give it enough time to dry (so it doesn't streak) and use a top coat (even two coats if you're rough with your nails) and that should help any chipping I've seen reviewers having trouble with. :)
Jenny F.
Russell Spgs, KY
I have these in almost every color offered, and only have about $3 in each color! I would not recommend buying these at the normal retail price. If you are a customer of CVS, Rite Aid... you can find these on clearance a lot. Normally they mark them down 50%, then you can use your reward points to get even more off the price. These only work if you seal them with a topcoat. Also, you have to push the applicator several times on a piece of paper to get the color to stay on the tip.
Esmeralda m.
Colleen M.
Thompson, IA
These are ok if you are just starting with nail art. They are good in the sense that they are a pen and easy to control and you can just wipe them off with water if you mess up before you put a top coat on. It says to put pressure on the tip before you start drawing to get product out, but it all comes out in a big puddle. Even after you do that, I have found the only way to keep any on the tip is to dip it in the puddle that it just made. The product doesn't really stay on the tip for very long. Overall I say that it is not quite as flawless as it seems.
Rachel G.
Denver, CO
I love Sally Hansen, and I cannot think of a product I love more for nails than the Nail Effects, Nail Polish Strips they introduced a few years ago. So when I received a few of these pens as a gift from a friend who knows my love of nail art, I couldn't wait to try them out. However, I was not that impressed. I have had worse nail art pens, and maybe I'm too used to mini brushes. The mini brushes allow much finer detail than these pens. However, if you are a beginner they may be useful. It also may have a learning curve I never had the patience to pass.
Mandy H.
The idea of this was great but it was executed poorly. The product just didn't work like I thought it was supposed to. The liquid isn't even nail polish. It took forever for the ink to come out. The consistency of it seemed really watery. When it dried you could wipe it off with your finger. If you put a top coat on afterwards, the ink seemed to crack underneath it. The price of this is also too much for what it is.
Blanca C.
Do your nail art pens dry out fast?
Alyssa B.
Hollywood, FL
Do they come off easily ?
Adriana M.
Sacramento, CA
What kind of designs do you make with it?
Jessy K.
Englewood, OH
If they changed the formula would you repurchase it?
Iqra J.
Canton, MI
Will the designs stay for a long period of time and be east to remove?