BY SALLY HANSEN #1 in Nail Treatments

The original strengthener, helps prevent chipping, splitting, cracking, long-lasting protection
Toughen up weak, fragile nails! Reach for Hard as Nails®, the original strengthener from Sally Hansen. Our unique blend of Film-formers shields nails, for long-lasting protection against chipping, splitting and cracking. When you want your nails to grow longer and stronger, Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails® is here to help! Apply to bare nails and under nail tips. Use Hard As Nails® alone, or wear as a strengthening base coat for your nail color. A must-have for every mani kit, Hard As Nails® from Sally Hansen is the original nail clinic in a bottle!® Get longer, stronger nails that shine! Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Clear: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, N-butyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Camphor, Benzophenone-1, D&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60725).<Br/><Br/>Natural Tint Shine: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Diisobutyl Adipate, N-butyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Alcohol Denat., Aqua/Water/Eau, Stearalkonium Hectorite, D&C Red No. 17 (Ci 26100), D&C Red No. 33 (Ci 17200), D&C Red No. 6 Barium Lake (Ci 15850).

How To Apply:

• Apply to bare nails and under nail tips
  • Use Hard As Nails® alone, or wear as a strengthening base coat for your nail color.

Sally Hansen® Hard As Nails® Hardener Treatment
  • "But if you have the money I'd rather use opi start to finish which is a nail strengthener, base coat and top coat all in one" in 6 reviews
Luna C.
Purchased at: Walgreens
I have nails that chip and break very easily, but this not only resolves that issue, but it gives them a nice shine. I've been using it for years, usually after I take off my acrylics to help the nail bed strengthen and heal. Also doubles as a decent base coat.
Megan U.
Clemson, SC
This products is ok. I use it underneath nail polish. It hardens my nails while I'm wearing it, but I don't feel like it actually treats my nails and makes them stronger and harder on their own. It applies smoothly and dries very quickly.
Gail M.
Ellington
Review for: Clear more...
This product literally DESTROYED my nails!  They needed some help, but after using this product for a month, my nails just about disintegrated at the tips!  I wish I could give it -5 Stars. Going back to the Nailtiques Formula.
Jennifer V.
Fort myers Florida
I have used this product for over 15 years. I love it!! I apply it once a week and never have any chipped or broken nails. I get compliments on my nails all the time!! Thanks Sally Hansen!!

#sallyhansen
Bobi M.
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is my go to after removing acrylic nails. I have to take a break from acrylics from time to time and let my nails restore themselves. This treatment really helps prevent breaking and splitting.
Nic G.
Holmes Beach, FL
If you're looking for something to keep your nails protected and strong, but don't want nail polish color, this is ideal. I don't find it works at all as a base coat... and it actually seems to make my nail polish peel away quicker in that capacity. However when I don't want my nails painted, but I'm still gardening and working with my hands a bunch, it gives a healthy shiny finish and the protection my weaker nails desperately need.
Chandra D.
Review for: Natural Tint more...
I wasn’t really sure if this would work on my nails to be honest. After having acrylics on for years my natural nails were really thin and brittle; I was constantly paranoid that I would really hurt my nails doing daily tasks. After using 2 coats of the hardener treatment 2x a week for the past 6 months, my nails are better than ever!!! Love love LOVE this product!
Jessica W.
Beckley, WV
This has helped my nails so much! I already love my nails, but they tend to grow so quickly. They get thin and break easily because of this. Hard as nails is perfect for me because I dont always have a color on my nails; but this alone leaves them looking shiny, healthy, and polished. It keeps them healthy and prevents the nail from breaking. This is also a key step to any manicure in my opinion. A good buy from the drug store!
Michelle K.
I have used this for probably 15 plus years. It definitely helps to strengthen nails and is great if you want to wear your nails natural but don't want them to break. It's not the best as a top or base coat if you're going to use it with polish, but on it's own, it's fabulous!
Amanda J.
Review for: Clear more...
I always saw my grandma using this while I was growing up and then I started using it when I became a teenager. I love the natural tint that this gives your nails. This works really well at keeping your nails from splitting. This is a must have if you have naturally long nails!
Kayla C.
Aurora, IL
Does this product really help strengthen nails? I have tried everything and my nails are still paper thin.
Sabrina S.
Weston, VT
Does this really work?
Kristin C.
Homewood, IL
I have never seen this product before. Does Sally Hansen still make this and sell it in stores today?
Nikita M.
St, NL
How well does this work?
Manda P.
My nails are very thin, brittle and just generally unhealthy. I tend to bite them as a result of this and am currently trying to grow them out. I want something that coats my nails like polish(not a rub in or oil type application). I was using another hard as nails product and it peeled off in full gel like pieces and chipped and peeled super easy. Will this protect my nails and help them grow without chipping and peeling?