BY SALLY HANSEN #3 in Nail Treatments

As a base coat, our Panthenol formula smoothes nails' surface and helps hold on to color. As a top coat, Nylon and Pro-Vitamin B5 shields nails with a hard, chip-resistant finish.
This 2-in-1 base and top coat protects and strengthens nails for stronger, flawless manicures that last.
As a base coat: apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color. As a top coat: apply 1 coat over dry nail color.
Double Duty Base & Top Coat™ is a hardworking nail care must-have!
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Alcohol Denat, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/:d&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60725)].

How To Apply:

• As a base coat: apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color.
  • As a top coat: apply 1 coat over dry nail color.

• Does this prolong your manicure or just protect your nails?1 Answers
  • Does it really help keep you nail polish on longer?1 Answers
  • Does this actually help it stay on longer??2 Answers
Sally Hansen® Double Duty Base & Top Coat Nail Treatment
  • "I have had really cheap nail polish (there was this 12 mini set for 5 dollars at a store I bought that, despite being fun were not long lasting of themselves at all) last a lot longer with this base and top coat." in 10 reviews
Melissa F.
Purchased at: Walmart
This base & top coat is pretty thick which really helps coat the nails I prefer a base and top coat in one the price is great but I work with my hands a lot so my polish still chipped off a lot. I would recommend this to someone that doesn’t need a extra strength coverage.
Porsha P.
I used this a lot, and it had a great coverage and was amazingly thick which made me want to love it. What made me not love it was within hours of application, the top coat would crack and ruin the design and color. It would crack and then the next day begin chipping off.
I wish this formula would last longer, because I love how it was almost like a clear coat of gel and the cost is great.
Suzanne M.
Renton , WA
This is a pretty descent top and base coat. Does make my polish last slightly longer and can be applied thickly if you are a stamper but does tend to smudge stamping polish if you are not patient to let them dry longer. It is good and worth the price.
Jessica Z.
The only top coat I use since it is a base coat too. I like that it dries quickly and that I don’t have to buy two bottles when I apply my nail polish. This is pretty much the only one I’ve ever used because it’s so convenient and I don’t have to deal with chipped nail polish.
Greta C.
Brooklyn, NY
Purchased at: Walgreens
I'm guilty of not always putting a base coat on my nails but I do like to use this as a top coat, especially if I'm putting glitter on. It seals pretty well, but my nail color seems to chip after 1.5 weeks even with the coat on.
Crystal B.
I like Sally Hansen products a lot. I remember being a little girl and that was the nail product of choice by my moms. I started using this Base and Top coat after purchasing another brand and being disappointed. I like that when I've used this even when I use a dark polish my nails haven't stained. I hate when that happens. I don't have any cons so far with this product as a base coat. I usually only paint my toes but I will be using this to see how well it works on my fingernails as a clear coat.
Giselle F.
Lombard, IL
I genuinely love this Sally Hansen product. I always forget to use it as a base but it work great when I do. I love the shine it gives when I use it as a top coat but in no way shape or form does it make my nail polish stay on longer. LOL Only thing that work for that is a no chip manicure. I am constantly washing my hands so nothing stays on too long. I got this at ULTA for about $3 and I am a repeat buyer.
Renee D.
Lewiston
This is what I use when I want to get a quick job. Usually when I need to fix my nails before running to an appointment or one of my son's school functions. It's great but a tad bit heavy sometimes. Plus the bottle can dry out quickly if your not careful. It gets goopey and not really useable.
Jay 💖.
This product is really good for being as cheap as it is! It helps my polish last longer on my nails,which I always need because they're prone not to.keep polish well. I'd definitely recommend it,8.6/10.
Courtney G.
This is the best nail strengthener I’ve ever used. I’ll use it as a base coat and a top coat and it makes all my nails feel like my thumb nail. Yeah that kinda hard. I’ll even wear it by itself too for that shiny healthy nail look!
Emilia B.
Sedro Woolley, WA
Does it work with Julep nail polishes?
Mari M.
My nails normally chip on the corners will this nail polish help in strengthening them?
Nikki H.
Tulia, TX
How well does this work?! I need something that last more then a couple of days. I'm a nanny so my hands are getting washed a lot!..
Emilia B.
Sedro Woolley, WA
How long does it last?
Emely  M.
Riverside, CA
Is it a good product for beginners? I'd like to buy something for my daughter without having to buy a top and base coat. are there other alternatives that may be better for a beginner? or is this product good enough for her? thank you so much for help