BY SALLY HANSEN #4 in Nail Treatments

As a base coat, our Panthenol formula smoothes nails' surface and helps hold on to color. As a top coat, Nylon and Pro-Vitamin B5 shields nails with a hard, chip-resistant finish.
This 2-in-1 base and top coat protects and strengthens nails for stronger, flawless manicures that last.
As a base coat: apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color. As a top coat: apply 1 coat over dry nail color.
Double Duty Base & Top Coat™ is a hardworking nail care must-have!
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Alcohol Denat, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/:d&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60725)].

How To Apply:

• As a base coat: apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color.
  • As a top coat: apply 1 coat over dry nail color.

• Does this prolong your manicure or just protect your nails?1 Answers
  • Does it really help keep you nail polish on longer?1 Answers
  • Does this actually help it stay on longer??2 Answers
Sally Hansen® Double Duty Base & Top Coat Nail Treatment
  • "I have had really cheap nail polish (there was this 12 mini set for 5 dollars at a store I bought that, despite being fun were not long lasting of themselves at all) last a lot longer with this base and top coat." in 10 reviews
Porsha P.
I used this a lot, and it had a great coverage and was amazingly thick which made me want to love it. What made me not love it was within hours of application, the top coat would crack and ruin the design and color. It would crack and then the next day begin chipping off.
I wish this formula would last longer, because I love how it was almost like a clear coat of gel and the cost is great.
Suzanne M.
Renton , WA
This is a pretty descent top and base coat. Does make my polish last slightly longer and can be applied thickly if you are a stamper but does tend to smudge stamping polish if you are not patient to let them dry longer. It is good and worth the price.
Jessica Z.
The only top coat I use since it is a base coat too. I like that it dries quickly and that I don’t have to buy two bottles when I apply my nail polish. This is pretty much the only one I’ve ever used because it’s so convenient and I don’t have to deal with chipped nail polish.
Giselle F.
Lombard, IL
I genuinely love this Sally Hansen product. I always forget to use it as a base but it work great when I do. I love the shine it gives when I use it as a top coat but in no way shape or form does it make my nail polish stay on longer. LOL Only thing that work for that is a no chip manicure. I am constantly washing my hands so nothing stays on too long. I got this at ULTA for about $3 and I am a repeat buyer.
Madee M.
Jackson, MS
The first time I tried this I noticed my nail color was cracking. I thought it was the nail polish under the top coat which was also new. So I tired it over a different nail polish and it did the same thing. So I added a base coat. It did the same thing. Each time large cracks across my nail color which resulted in large chips. I have yet to figure out what the issue is but I am super disappointed about this product.
Renee D.
Lewiston
This is what I use when I want to get a quick job. Usually when I need to fix my nails before running to an appointment or one of my son's school functions. It's great but a tad bit heavy sometimes. Plus the bottle can dry out quickly if your not careful. It gets goopey and not really useable.
Courtney G.
This is the best nail strengthener I’ve ever used. I’ll use it as a base coat and a top coat and it makes all my nails feel like my thumb nail. Yeah that kinda hard. I’ll even wear it by itself too for that shiny healthy nail look!
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I really like this polish. It last a long time and works well. Dries nice and smooth. It says you can use it before and after color, and I do that sometimes, or wear it just on it's own as well. It's not a very expensive nail polish either. Lasts a long time too! I recommend checking it out if your looking for a 2 in one product so you don't have to get a base and top coat!
Jena Lyn H.
Lexington, SC
This base and top coat duo is God sent. It’s the perfect formula and never bubbles. It gives a gel like shine to just regular polish. It’s daily inexpensive which is nice and it’s available in pretty much any drug store
Cassidy W.
I love how well this works on my nails. It makes it so easy for travel that everything is all combined in one. It leaves my nails looking professionally done and glossy. This product doesn't even have that bad of a smell, for being nail polish. My only complaint about this product is that with the container shape once about half the product has been used it becomes increasingly difficult to get the product out.
Emilia B.
Sedro Woolley, WA
Does it work with Julep nail polishes?
Mari M.
My nails normally chip on the corners will this nail polish help in strengthening them?
Emilia B.
Sedro Woolley, WA
How long does it last?
Nikki H.
Tulia, TX
How well does this work?! I need something that last more then a couple of days. I'm a nanny so my hands are getting washed a lot!..
Alexandria S.
Does this actually help it stay on longer??