BY SALLY HANSEN #5 in Nail Treatments

As a base coat, our Panthenol formula smoothes nails' surface and helps hold on to color. As a top coat, Nylon and Pro-Vitamin B5 shields nails with a hard, chip-resistant finish.
This 2-in-1 base and top coat protects and strengthens nails for stronger, flawless manicures that last.
As a base coat: apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color. As a top coat: apply 1 coat over dry nail color.
Double Duty Base & Top Coat™ is a hardworking nail care must-have!
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Alcohol Denat, Isopropyl Alcohol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Panthenol, Nylon-12, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/:d&C Violet No. 2 (Ci 60725)].

How To Apply:

• As a base coat: apply to bare nails. Let dry, then apply nail color.
  • As a top coat: apply 1 coat over dry nail color.

• Does this actually help it stay on longer??2 Answers
  • My nails normally chip on the corners will this nail polish help ...4 Answers
  • How well does this work?! I need something that last more then a ...3 Answers
Sally Hansen® Double Duty Base & Top Coat Nail Treatment
  • "I have had really cheap nail polish (there was this 12 mini set for 5 dollars at a store I bought that, despite being fun were not long lasting of themselves at all) last a lot longer with this base and top coat." in 10 reviews
Porsha P.
I used this a lot, and it had a great coverage and was amazingly thick which made me want to love it. What made me not love it was within hours of application, the top coat would crack and ruin the design and color. It would crack and then the next day begin chipping off.
I wish this formula would last longer, because I love how it was almost like a clear coat of gel and the cost is great.
Sandra V.
I absolutely love to use this as my base and top coat! Makes my nails last over a full week! The only thing i do not like is that it does get goopy after a month or two. But still repurchase since it makes my nail polish lash long!
Giselle F.
Lombard, IL
I genuinely love this Sally Hansen product. I always forget to use it as a base but it work great when I do. I love the shine it gives when I use it as a top coat but in no way shape or form does it make my nail polish stay on longer. LOL Only thing that work for that is a no chip manicure. I am constantly washing my hands so nothing stays on too long. I got this at ULTA for about $3 and I am a repeat buyer.
Madee M.
Jackson, MS
The first time I tried this I noticed my nail color was cracking. I thought it was the nail polish under the top coat which was also new. So I tired it over a different nail polish and it did the same thing. So I added a base coat. It did the same thing. Each time large cracks across my nail color which resulted in large chips. I have yet to figure out what the issue is but I am super disappointed about this product.
Courtney G.
This is the best nail strengthener I’ve ever used. I’ll use it as a base coat and a top coat and it makes all my nails feel like my thumb nail. Yeah that kinda hard. I’ll even wear it by itself too for that shiny healthy nail look!
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I really like this polish. It last a long time and works well. Dries nice and smooth. It says you can use it before and after color, and I do that sometimes, or wear it just on it's own as well. It's not a very expensive nail polish either. Lasts a long time too! I recommend checking it out if your looking for a 2 in one product so you don't have to get a base and top coat!
Gabby G.
Baton Rouge, LA
This product is absolutely fabulous. My manicures last for over a week with no chipping when I use this top coat. It dries quickly and adds a great shine. I highly recommend and will definitely purchase again!
Carmen M.
I've always used this as my top coat when doing my nails makes them shiny and protects from chipping. Being both top and basecoat makes doing my nails easier and faster.
Brittany B.
New Orleans, LA
My nail beds are super oily so even when buffed, I need a top and bottom coat to keep polish from peeling off. I go to Sally Hansen almost always. I still have yet to find a brand though that really keeps my nail color from chipping within 48 hours. Maybe I am just rough on nails.
Chelsea H.
Travelers Rest, SC
This top coat protects the nails, it is shiny and if you change your nail polish often it would be great. However if you use your hands a lot it doesn’t seem to help protect the nails all that much. It also takes forever to dry. Overall this product is just ok.
Mari M.
My nails normally chip on the corners will this nail polish help in strengthening them?
Emilia B.
Sedro Woolley, WA
Does it work with Julep nail polishes?
Emilia B.
Sedro Woolley, WA
How long does it last?
Nikki H.
Tulia, TX
How well does this work?! I need something that last more then a couple of days. I'm a nanny so my hands are getting washed a lot!..
Alexandria S.
Does this actually help it stay on longer??