BY SALLY HANSEN

Create a unique crackle effect on each of your nails Sally knows that having options is important. For the ultimate in mixing and matching, Crackle Overcoat comes in 8 different shades which can be paired with any nail color. From bold blue to mature...

• I love crackle nail polishes but is it good? Does it leav...13 Answers
  • What’s the best colour for a 10 year old girl?1 Answers
  • I have been looking for a good crackle nail polish for a ...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Meshia E.
Bridgeport, CT
Love this stuff! I have been using Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat for years. I have had it in white, hot pink and the one I use most often is the black called Ink Splatter! This is SO easy to use and looks good over almost any color nail, this is truly the easiest and neatest way to mix and match fun colors together..or even go dark and sultry, or mod ! 🖒😁
There is a bit of a learning curve, but I promise after you get tge trick of it...it couldn't be easier!! 😁
Denice C.
Grovetown, GA
I bought these a long time ago when they first came out. I wanted to try something new and add some character to my nails for when I do them at home and can either do an accent nail or paint all my nails with this effect. It’s okay. I just think for me I wasn’t a fan of the crackle like I thought I would be. One tip though, if you want uniform crackles paint it on your nail in one direction (up, sideways or diagonal), if you’d prefer something less perfect paint it on in multiple directions.
Sydney 💋.
I remember when crackle nail polish was the trend. Everyone was talking about it and I had a few different colors of crackle. It was really cool but sometimes it didn't work. You'd put on a regular nail polish then apply the crackle over it. As it dried you could usually see the crackle effect happening. It was very unique and you were able to have two different nail polish colors on. When it worked it was awesome but I had short nails so it didn't always look right.
hannah b.
Statesville, NC
I had extremely high hopes for this product & I even watched several video reviews, but when I actually used it, I wasn't too pleased with the results. I tried it by itself, which didn't really work and I also tried it a coat of regular nail polish after it had dried. It didn't really do alot of the crackle effect and wasn't worth the money! wouldn't buy again.
Samantha N.
I found the glittery pink one a LONG time ago when I was a nail fanatic... this was my most favorite thing to use. The cracks form instantly and always in an irregular, satisfying form. The color pops awesome as well. Definitely recommend for anyone to try. Watching the cracks form is a must see!
Harley G.
Windsor, ME
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat gives a crackle effect on coloured polish providing a unique pattern on each nail. The overcoat is applied after the base coat and nail colour, and sealed with a top coat. Available in four shades: Snow Blast, Fractured Foil, Fuchsia Shock and Ink Splatter.

BUT I purchase most of my nail products at clearance prices - and thank goodness I do. I picked this one up for $2 and I would have to say it is $1 too much!

The product is messy and really doesn't give the effect you see in the advertising. It doesn't seem to crackle as much as it should so on me it tends to look like I just applied my nail polish in the dark.
Alisia H.
It might be a flaw of mine on why I don’t particularly care for this nail polish. I guess I just didn’t work quick enough to get the amount of polish on my nails before started cracking and I can never quite figure it out. The polish itself is very thick and I wanted to get a good layer of it onto my nail without it glopping up, but I could never get the timing just right for it to look good on my nails.
Leslie G.
Pittsford (town)
When it comes to crackle nail polish- this would be my go to but I’ve still seen better. Maybe I had been doing something wrong? Put still fun to use! I don’t know where they would be selling this these days but I previously got mine at Rite Aid.
Cari 💋.
Davis, CA
I wasn’t too sure about this product, but I really wanted to give it a chance! It actually worked perfectly! The crackle look was very nice, not sloppy at all. I would definitely recommend adding a top coat, as this does not replace a top coat to the color you applied underneath the crackle layer.
Jamie R.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
I do not know why the crackle nail art was ever a popular trend. There is no way to make this look good. At the end of the day your freshly painted manicure or pedicure just looks like old chipped nail polish.
Crystal A.
Kanata, ON
Do you wear this as the only colour or on top of another?
joelle b.
Brampton, Ontario
I love crackle nail polishes but is it good? Does it leave a decent crackle effect?
Vicci F.
El Campo, TX
Does it take a few coats for it to dry? Does it get so thick that the polish under doesn't dry quick enough
Alexis J.
Kingsford Hts, IN
Are these expensive? Worth buying? Whats one thing you don't like about this product?
Miranda D.
Grand Rapids, MI
About how long does the sally hansen crackle last?