Sally Hansen® Big Peel Off Base Coat™ Nail Polish
GIVE GLITTER THE PEEL-OFF! BIG PEEL-OFF BASE COAT™ BY SALLY HANSEN LETS YOU PEEL OFF ANY POLISH – INCLUDING GLITTER, TEXTURE AND COLOR POLISH.
Our unique blend of Film-formers makes for quick and easy peel-off.
When you don’t want to struggle with hard-to-remove polish, go for Sally Hansen Big Peel-Off Base Coat™.
Just apply one coat of Sally Hansen Big Peel-Off Base Coat™, then apply your favorite glitter, texture or color polish. Peel off when you’re ready to remove!
Big Peel-Off Base Coat™ makes wearing glitter or texture polish a snap.
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.
Water, Polyvinyl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ppg-3 Methyl Ether, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Disiloxane, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol.
How To Apply:
- Just apply one coat of Sally Hansen Big Peel-Off Base Coat™, then apply your favorite glitter, texture or color polish.
- Peel off when you’re ready to remove!
Top Questions See all 97 Q&A
Overall, it can take a bit of time to figure out what application process works best for you. For me, I learned that one thin coat wasn't nearly enough to get a clean, easy peel. Two coats was too much, and would lead to chipping within a day or two. One moderately thick coat, however, gives me a long lasting manicure (up to a week), and pretty easy removal.
There are definitely times that I'll lose a whole nail for no apparent reason (once, my cat bit my fingertip, and the nail polish popped clean off!). It's important to note that you need to keep your nails away from hot water or steam for at least 3 hours after application, otherwise it won't hold. It's still very hard to get a perfect peel, as (for me) it tends to really stick to the tips of my nails, and it sometimes peels of a bit of my natural nail with it.
I've found that using a nice, thick top coat and being sure to wrap the tips of your nails (though definitely don't wrap the tips with the peel off base coat) leads to the longest lasting manicure. The base coat itself provides a very clean, smooth surface to apply the polish onto, and otherwise doesn't impact the quality of the manicure. It also dries very quickly; even with a fairly thick coat, it usually dries within a minute or two.
Don't wear this expecting a LONG-lasting manicure. I love it, because it allows me to change up my nail colors frequently without having to spend time removing the old polish with acetone, but if you're someone who likes a manicure to last a long time, this isn't going to work for you.
I know there are probably better peel-off base coats on the market. However, this one is cheap, and it's accessible; I can pick this up at a number of local drugstores.
2. Once dry apply another thick layer of the Sally peel off base coat and let dry you can another layer to dry as well you want a thick layer that dries down so its easy to peel off later on
3. Once dry apply your favorite polish over and let dry
4. AVOID hot water for 3hours or more for maximum results, if you wash your hands use cold water instead
5. When you are ready to peel, peel the edge off or use a metal scraping tool meant for nails to peel and Voila!
6. This works GREAT for glitter I used thick craft glitter and a glitter top coat to test it ;)
Id like to note my nails are naturally yellow for nail polish stain
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos