BY SALLY HANSEN #10 in Nail Polish Base Coats

GIVE GLITTER THE PEEL-OFF! BIG PEEL-OFF BASE COAT™ BY SALLY HANSEN LETS YOU PEEL OFF ANY POLISH – INCLUDING GLITTER, TEXTURE AND COLOR POLISH.

Our unique blend of Film-formers makes for quick and easy peel-off.
When you don’t want to struggle with hard-to-remove polish, go for Sally Hansen Big Peel-Off Base Coat™.
Just apply one coat of Sally Hansen Big Peel-Off Base Coat™, then apply your favorite glitter, texture or color polish. Peel off when you’re ready to remove!
Big Peel-Off Base Coat™ makes wearing glitter or texture polish a snap.
Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Water, Polyvinyl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ppg-3 Methyl Ether, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Disiloxane, Acrylates Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol.

How To Apply:

• Just apply one coat of Sally Hansen Big Peel-Off Base Coat™, then apply your favorite glitter, texture or color polish.
  • Peel off when you’re ready to remove!

• Does this product strip your natural nails when it is pee...1 Answers
  • Is it a good peel off base coat and is it easy to peel of...2 Answers
  • Would you recommend this base coat for someone who doesn'...2 Answers
Buy on Harmon ...*
Raihn D.
Ormond Beach, FL
I give this product 3 stars based primarily on ease of access. You can find it in almost any drugstore so it's a workable option in a pinch. It does take some time to dry and doesn't apply evenly. However if your job requires your nails to look perfect like mine does it helps switch colors or quickly remove your nail color without using acetone which makes it a great option for travel as well. I find it does stick to the tips of the nails and is harder to remove but it generally comes off easily from base of nail.
Lydia G.
St. George
I'm honestly really surprised at the number of negative reviews about this product... I've gone through two bottles of it, and I won't even consider painting my nails without it.

Overall, it can take a bit of time to figure out what application process works best for you. For me, I learned that one thin coat wasn't nearly enough to get a clean, easy peel. Two coats was too much, and would lead to chipping within a day or two. One moderately thick coat, however, gives me a long lasting manicure (up to a week), and pretty easy removal.

There are definitely times that I'll lose a whole nail for no apparent reason (once, my cat bit my fingertip, and the nail polish popped clean off!). It's important to note that you need to keep your nails away from hot water or steam for at least 3 hours after application, otherwise it won't hold. It's still very hard to get a perfect peel, as (for me) it tends to really stick to the tips of my nails, and it sometimes peels of a bit of my natural nail with it.

I've found that using a nice, thick top coat and being sure to wrap the tips of your nails (though definitely don't wrap the tips with the peel off base coat) leads to the longest lasting manicure. The base coat itself provides a very clean, smooth surface to apply the polish onto, and otherwise doesn't impact the quality of the manicure. It also dries very quickly; even with a fairly thick coat, it usually dries within a minute or two.

Don't wear this expecting a LONG-lasting manicure. I love it, because it allows me to change up my nail colors frequently  without having to spend time removing the old polish with acetone, but if you're someone who likes a manicure to last a long time, this isn't going to work for you.

I know there are probably better peel-off base coats on the market. However, this one is cheap, and it's accessible; I can pick this up at a number of local drugstores.
Lexie W.
Yucaipa , CA
WORST PEEL OFF BASE COAT!! I wouldn't give it any stars if I could. Its glue that smells horrible and takes forever to dry. It is not an easy mess free peel either. I do not recommend this product! Spend a little extra and get the UNT Ready For Takeoff Peelable Base Coat from Amazon.
Lori L.
Not a huge fan of this peel off base coat. For some reason it just doesn’t like to peel off so I’m still fighting with the glitter polish. The price was great compared to another one I purchased. I got it for $5.44 on Amazon, but in reality you don’t get your money’s worth if it doesn’t work. Sally Hansen® Big Peel Off Base Coat™ Nail Polish
Andy S.
This product is great! It goes on smoothly. Doesn't take too long to dry, and definitely helps me peel off the nail polish rather than use remover! Price is a little steep.
Claudia D.
Mcallen, TX
This is really cool. The only things is that it smells exactly like glue. Which I don't necessarily like. It peels off rather quickly as well. It does dry fast, but it's hard to do anything with your hands because it kid of peels off if you do anything.
Jasmine L.
I personally do not recommend this. It feels like I'm just putting watery glue on my nails. It does exactly what it says that it'll do. You can peel off your polish with ease, but that's the main problem. It peels within a few hours of application even with a top coat.
christiana m.
Corp Christi, TX
I was skeptical about this product from reading reviews but it really does work. Follow these instructions for perfect no peel nails: 1. Lay down the Sally peel off base coat in one coat and let dry
2. Once dry apply another thick layer of the Sally peel off base coat and let dry you can another layer to dry as well you want a thick layer that dries down so its easy to peel off later on
3. Once dry apply your favorite polish over and let dry
4. AVOID hot water for 3hours or more for maximum results, if you wash your hands use cold water instead
5. When you are ready to peel, peel the edge off or use a metal scraping tool meant for nails to peel and Voila!
6. This works GREAT for glitter I used thick craft glitter and a glitter top coat to test it ;)
Id like to note my nails are naturally yellow for nail polish stain
Cheyenne R.
First and only peel off basecoat ive tried. Good at first, but as it gets older it starts to suck. There's better options out there, especially non-glue based ones.
Monica T.
Monument, CO
I needed a new base coat and the store did not carry my normal Seche Vite. I bought this base coat instead. The package is cute, but everything beyond that is not the best. Upon opening the product, it has a very reminiscent scent of elmer's glue. It does dry fast, as claimed. Upon painting all seems well, until I look down an hour later when I was cooking dinner an two of my nails have no polish! I guess it does as it claims too well. More like fall off base coat. I look for more longevity in my polishes.
Cesilie F.
How much is this?
Morgan F.
Orient, ME
Very curious about this product I'm not very good at painting my nail and often make a mess all over my fingers is this something that works well that would be beneficial for me
Simona C.
ottawa, ON
I think normal nail polish removers suck for taking off glitter,does this actually work?
Toni E.
Washington, DC
Can you use glue as a dupe for this ?
Layla V.
Fort Worth, TX
Is it a good peel off base coat and is it easy to peel off when applied?