BY SALLY HANSEN

Sally Hansen's single step Big Peel Off Base Coat instantly peels off any hard to remove nail polish. Contains Anit-Oxidant and Vitamin E. This formula quickly dries transparent. Benefit: No scrubbing No soaking No fussing see more...

• Is it a good peel off base coat and is it easy to peel off when a...2 Answers
  • Would you recommend this base coat for someone who doesn't change...2 Answers
  • Would you recommend this base coat for someone who doesn't change...1 Answers
Jen M.
Sioux City, IA
OK so looking all over for a liquid tape to help with cleaning up nail art... I also use a lot of glitter nail polish which takes forever to come off with regular acetone. Couldn't find anything locally that didn't cost a fortune . I found this thinking it would help. I've seen so many DIY liquid tape YouTubers out there using elmers glue and God knows what-all and those did not seem to work for me.So at 2 am is the really the only time I can paint my nails and have me time because I have two children. I put the stuff around my cuticle my entire finger waited for it to dry it dries to a clear completely. I painted my nails a bright red. I made a complete mess really on purpose and this stuff peeled right off my cuticle and one big swipe. I don't know why somebody would waste their money on a $13.50 bottle of liquid Palisade when you can buy this for $6 at Ulta. Awesome item...
Alicia R.
Everyone has different views on this but to me it's my favorite. I had this polish for about a month now and I just fell in love with the concept. This is still my first bottle and it was under like $7 at my H-E-B. The thing you have to watch out for is not putting too much on the nails. If you apply just a nice thin (not too thin) coat then it should be dried no later then maybe an hour? I usually let mine set for 2 or 3 hours until I know it's completely dry. My coat peels off easily and I don't have to use any nail polish remover for any parts left behind. I would recommend this to those who are beginners and have not perfected how to apply nail polish.
Kristine D.
San Juan, TX
I bought this because I am too impatient to order online once I have it in my head that I need a product.

This product kinda reminds me of watered down Elmer's glue. It was easy to apply to my on the first hand but not so much on the second. It started to dry on the brush and made the application kinda frustrating. While it didn't really work that well with regular nail polish it was great under glitter polish. It may have something to do with how thickly I pile on the glitter (I use a makeup sponge to dab glitter polishes on) but I'm still giving it credit. It peeled off the glitter super easy and didn't damage my natural nails.
Beth P.
Ok so I give this 4 stars because it is pretty great... but NOT just as a peel off base coat. It comes off too easily and fast but does the job and is good if you are experimenting with nail art designs and want to peel off instead of constantly using polish remover. I mainly use this instead of spending 15.00 on simply peel that I can't just go to the store and buy or using glue that never peels off easily enough. It works great! I put it on the skin around my nails for messy nail art and it peels off so easily (you just have to make sure it is thick).
Monica T.
I needed a new base coat and the store did not carry my normal Seche Vite. I bought this base coat instead. The package is cute, but everything beyond that is not the best. Upon opening the product, it has a very reminiscent scent of elmer's glue. It does dry fast, as claimed. Upon painting all seems well, until I look down an hour later when I was cooking dinner an two of my nails have no polish! I guess it does as it claims too well. More like fall off base coat. I look for more longevity in my polishes.
Lisa M.
Beaverton, OR
I agree with a lot of the other reviews. in theory, this is a great product. and it does do what it says it does. the Polish peels off very easily. however mine started peeling off almost immediately. I let my nails dry for 45 min and later that day they were soft and the Polish was bunching. I use a lot of glitter polishes so I so badly wanted this to be a holy grail. I love so many Sally Hanson products but unfortunately not this one. I am going to fork over the money to try the OPI version
Kay L.
I bought peel off base coat from Kmart for $5.99. I was so excited to try it so I put it on let it dry the whole day then I applied my nail polish .The next day I I decided to try to remove it a little I removed a little by my cuticle area it was not peeling off so I kept trying to get it to peel off ended up damaging my nail I tried all sorts of ways did not work for me I followed the instructions I do not recommend this because I damaged my nail by pulling up the peel off.
Christina F.
San Antonio, TX
It's an okay product but I don't recommend it. It's easy to use and dries fast which is a huge plus! But as for "peeling off" it doesn't do a great job. It does peel off but you need a lot of force to peel it of and it comes off in sections (so not the whole polished nail comes off, which I don't like). It also feels very drying on the nail which I didn't like at all. I don't recommend this particular peel off base coat.
Amy S.
This base coat is seriously the best stuff I have ever tried. Stays on nails, doesn't chip, and easily peels off. Depending on how much your hands are wet it definitely will last longer than a week. I usually change mine weekly and it peels right off with no problems. If you're going to use glitter polish this is a must have. No more fighting with that pesky stuff. Price is a bit high but worth every penny.
Black-Eyed B.
traverse city, MI
I really liked using this to protect my cuticle and surrounding skin from nail polish and is much easier to use than acetone to correct small mistakes. Great product for the value. I have not used it as a traditional base coat although I might do so in the future. The brush was very easy to maneuver around the nail and peeled off very easily!
Cesilie F.
How much is this?
Morgan F.
Orient, ME
Very curious about this product I'm not very good at painting my nail and often make a mess all over my fingers is this something that works well that would be beneficial for me
Simona C.
ottawa, ON
I think normal nail polish removers suck for taking off glitter,does this actually work?
Toni E.
Washington, DC
Can you use glue as a dupe for this ?
Layla V.
Fort Worth, TX
Is it a good peel off base coat and is it easy to peel off when applied?