BY SALLY HANSEN #13 in Nail Polish Base Coats

Sally Hansen's single step Big Peel Off Base Coat instantly peels off any hard to remove nail polish. Contains Anit-Oxidant and Vitamin E. This formula quickly dries transparent. Benefit: No scrubbing No soaking No fussing see more...

• Does this product strip your natural nails when it is peeled off?1 Answers
  • Is it a good peel off base coat and is it easy to peel off when a...2 Answers
  • Would you recommend this base coat for someone who doesn't change...2 Answers
Raihn D.
Ormond Beach, FL
I give this product 3 stars based primarily on ease of access. You can find it in almost any drugstore so it's a workable option in a pinch. It does take some time to dry and doesn't apply evenly. However if your job requires your nails to look perfect like mine does it helps switch colors or quickly remove your nail color without using acetone which makes it a great option for travel as well. I find it does stick to the tips of the nails and is harder to remove but it generally comes off easily from base of nail.
Jasmine L.
I personally do not recommend this. It feels like I'm just putting watery glue on my nails. It does exactly what it says that it'll do. You can peel off your polish with ease, but that's the main problem. It peels within a few hours of application even with a top coat.
Cheyenne R.
First and only peel off basecoat ive tried. Good at first, but as it gets older it starts to suck. There's better options out there, especially non-glue based ones.
Lexie W.
Yucaipa , CA
WORST PEEL OFF BASE COAT!! I wouldn't give it any stars if I could. Its glue that smells horrible and takes forever to dry. It is not an easy mess free peel either. I do not recommend this product! Spend a little extra and get the UNT Ready For Takeoff Peelable Base Coat from Amazon.
Claudia D.
Mcallen, TX
This is really cool. The only things is that it smells exactly like glue. Which I don't necessarily like. It peels off rather quickly as well. It does dry fast, but it's hard to do anything with your hands because it kid of peels off if you do anything.
Chelsea F.
I got it from Ulta. I need it latex polish from my skin. I like it. I peeled it off from my skin after it dries. I feel like I need some tweezers. It was difficultly with my fingernails to peel off it. It really works!
christiana m.
Corp Christi, TX
I was skeptical about this product from reading reviews but it really does work. Follow these instructions for perfect no peel nails: 1. Lay down the Sally peel off base coat in one coat and let dry
2. Once dry apply another thick layer of the Sally peel off base coat and let dry you can another layer to dry as well you want a thick layer that dries down so its easy to peel off later on
3. Once dry apply your favorite polish over and let dry
4. AVOID hot water for 3hours or more for maximum results, if you wash your hands use cold water instead
5. When you are ready to peel, peel the edge off or use a metal scraping tool meant for nails to peel and Voila!
6. This works GREAT for glitter I used thick craft glitter and a glitter top coat to test it ;)
Id like to note my nails are naturally yellow for nail polish stain
Monica T.
I needed a new base coat and the store did not carry my normal Seche Vite. I bought this base coat instead. The package is cute, but everything beyond that is not the best. Upon opening the product, it has a very reminiscent scent of elmer's glue. It does dry fast, as claimed. Upon painting all seems well, until I look down an hour later when I was cooking dinner an two of my nails have no polish! I guess it does as it claims too well. More like fall off base coat. I look for more longevity in my polishes.
Lexi H.
Sylvania, OH
I decided to try this base coat because I can only have nail polish on when I'm not working at the hospital. I wanted something that would come off easily without leaving anything behind and wouldn't need remover. This did not disappoint! It peels off so easily and cleanly. The only issue is that I was doing things with my hands one day and one of my nails completely peeled off by accident.
Alex S.
CA
This isn't my favorite peel off base coat. Because it's glue based, it takes FOREVER to dry all the way, and it doesn't dry evenly. It also starts to peel off before I want it to, which means that my manicure will only last for about 2 hours after I paint my nails. I will definitely never repurchase.
Cesilie F.
How much is this?
Morgan F.
Orient, ME
Very curious about this product I'm not very good at painting my nail and often make a mess all over my fingers is this something that works well that would be beneficial for me
Simona C.
ottawa, ON
I think normal nail polish removers suck for taking off glitter,does this actually work?
Toni E.
Washington, DC
Can you use glue as a dupe for this ?
Layla V.
Fort Worth, TX
Is it a good peel off base coat and is it easy to peel off when applied?