Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™

GO MATTE! GIVE YOUR MANICURE A VELVETY MATTE FINISH WITH SALLY HANSEN BIG MATTE TOP COAT™.

Our formula is fortified with matting agents, instantly transforming nail color from high gloss to a matte finish. When you want a quick and easy matte finish, Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat™ delivers. Lasts up to 10 days! Apply 1 coat over dry nail color. Let dry. Keep Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat™ on hand, for a modern matte finish anytime. Step into your always-on salon. No menu. No rules. America’s #1 nail brand, Sally Hansen puts the power of self-made beauty in your hands, with salon-tested solutions and on-trend colors.

Pros and cons of this product?
Pros and cons of this product?
Is this a good too coat to prevent chipping?
Start your review of Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I like to use this on top of any of my nail polishes but I do actually like to just use it alone to give my nails a matte and even look.” in reviews
“It only takes one coat and it dries really fast.” in reviews
“Works well, makes a nice matte finish.” in reviews
“It's dries really fast and makes my nails look so matte.” in reviews
“it makes nails look so cool and it actually works!” in reviews
Locust Grove, GA
Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™ uploaded by summer B.
One would think a matte top coat would mattify your nails. Apparently, one would be wrong. The Wet ‘N Wild matte top coat works better than one from a brand that specializes in nails. Surprisingly, in the picture, I am actually using this top coat. Not that you can tell! It doesn’t make it matte, nor does it make it shiny, my nails just look dull. Along with the dullness, it’s also streaky! Overall horrible top coat.
Knoxville , TN
I have 13 matte top coats and some are super pricey but this is top 2 for sure. I love the texture of this one it's the perfect thickness and lasts for at least 2 weeks (I never go more than 2 weeks without changing my manicure) on both nail polish and nail dip powder. It goes on super shiny and dried within a minute and goes perfectly matte. This Is a very good top coat and it's only $5
provo ut
Ok so I love the look of matte nails. So I tried this.... HOLY CATS! I've gone too far and cant go back.... use it one maroon gorgeous. Use it one black edgy, use it on shiny polish? Wow that is such a unique style and it's my favorite. I love how it changes any polish and it helps to make it last! I love it and suggest it. Just try it. You know you want to!
Santa Fe, TX
Wide brush is LOVE. Anything to make my at home manicure faster and easier is a win in my book. I’m a sucker for matte nails (and lips) and this works perfect. Some matte topcoats don’t go on so smooth in one easy coat, and when you have to apply more than one matte topcoat it loses its mattifying ability. This product has not given me that problem at all.
Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™ uploaded by Morgan B.
Love using this product for matte nails! After two coats, it takes away all of the shine! The only downfall is that after a few days, it does start to breakdown and SOME of the shine starts to come back through (like it shows on one of nails in the photo, though the flash makes it look more shiny than it actually is) Even so, they still look matte!
Tiffin, OH
This is a great matte top coat. The thicker shorter bristles on the brush allow you to get into the sides and cuticle very closely without making any mistakes. It's a thick formula so it Glides on easy and last a long time. The matte does fade after several days but every application will keep it in check. Definitely would recommend.
Broomfield, CO
Such a fun product to have on hand. Excellent bang for your buck. I’m sure there might be a higher end matte top coat on the market but this is easily accessible and gets the job done. Some nail polishes look better or worse with the matte top coat but I think that reflects more on the base color than it does on this product
Vista
Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™ uploaded by Alvana H.
Purchased at: Walgreens
So I got the top coat because overall it’s got pretty good reviews and I wanted to do some matte finishes. Does not work very well. It’s really streaky and the finish isn’t really as matte as I would like. Maybe to get it to be more matte is to shake the bottle after every nail but it really shouldn’t have to be that way.
Petaluma, CA
Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™ uploaded by Mayra M.
To love my nails to look matte, so this product works amazing. It makes my nails look like they were painted by a professional. It is easy to apply, but does take a long time to air dry. If it isn't dry it will mess up the color under as well. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants matte nails.
Washington, DC
This caught my eye because when I saw it at the store it was very cheap and looked like a great bottle! It was great the first few uses but the really did start to crust up very fast and I couldn’t use it a whole lot afterwards and eventually had to throw it out after owning it for like a month sadly
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Myrtle Creek
il y a un an
Sally Hansen® Big Matte Top Coat™ do you prefer clear coat, or the sparkles to top your nails off?
Eileen P. • il y a 5 mois
I think it just depends on my mood, but more often than not clear.