Skin CareFacial SkincareFacial CleansersSailor
by Captain B Sea Splash Cleanser - 4 fl oz

Sailor by Captain B. Sea Splash Cleanser - 4 fl oz

by Sailor

This sulfate free natural face cleanser is packed with natural marine and botanical extracts, organic aloe vera and gentle plant based ingredients to refresh your skin both morning and night. The gel like consistency is a delight to the skin and the fresh bright of red grapefruit, blood orange and juniper berry essential oils leaves you feeling uplifted.

• 4oz frosted glass bottle
  • Plant based, all natural formula, naturally colored with Blue Chamomile
  • Sulfate, Paraben, Synthetic Fragrance, Phthalates and Triclosan Free
  • Cruelty Free and Vegan
  • Target Exclusive

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Sailor by Captain B. Sea Splash Cleanser - 4 fl oz!
THORNTON, CO
Sailor by Captain B. Sea Splash Cleanser - 4 fl oz uploaded by Anthony H.
Product: Sailor by Capitan Blankenship Sea Splash Face Cleanser Product Size: 4OZ/118ML Product Start Date: August 28th 2019 Consistency Of Product: Lightweight Gel Style Cleanser - In Spray Bottle When I Use It: Morning and Evening Routine - Daily How I Use It: I spray 3-4 pumps of Product into damp hands and work the Product into a lather. Then, I apply this lather to my face/neck and gently massage the Product into my Skin. After about 2-3 minutes…I thoroughly rinse the Product with warm water. Why I Use It: After moving towards purchasing more “clean” Skincare Products…this Brand was one that I found at Target pretty early on. I was drawn to their Products not only for the fairly minimal Ingredients Lists…but the nautical theme as well. I ended up grabbing just a few of their Products (Oil Cleanser, Water Based Cleanser, and Moisturizer)…but Target also carries a Toner, Serum/Spot Treatment, and a couple of Products from their Hair Care Line. After finishing up with the Peach & Lily Power Calm Cleanser…I was curious to see how the Sailor By Capitan Blankenship Product stacked up…so it went from my Stash to the vanity. Overall Review: Right away…I love the packaging for this Product. The glass bottle should be incredibly easy to recycle/reuse…and Capitan. Blankenship doesn’t put it in a separate cardboard box. Reducing the overall amount of packaging is great and I certainly appreciate it. Having said that, one thing I noticed about this Face Cleanser was the color of the Product itself. Now, there are no Synthetic Dyes in this Formula…and Capitan Blankenship says that the natural blue hue is due to the Blue Chamomile in the Formula. But as you can see from my pics…my Product is this dirty green color. While I don’t find it off putting…its kind of a surprise to see what this Product looks like right from Capitan Blankenship vs. what I got at my local Target. Not sure if this could be avoided by putting the Product into a box of some kind…but I just thought it was interesting. Aside from the Blue Chamomile…this Sea Splash Face Cleanser contains Irish Moss (used for texture stabilization and hydration), Grapefruit Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Orange Peel Oil, Juniper Berry Extract, Kelp Extract, White Lupin Seed Extract, Beach Rose Fruit Extract, Sea Salt, and Aloe Leaf Juice. You’ll also find an array of gentle surfactants and preservatives. Although I was kind of wary of the spray application of this Product…it really does come out of the spray bottle just fine. This Water Based Cleanser has the fluidity of a Serum more than a thicker Gel Cleanser which I didn’t mind at all. Application is a breeze…just pumps is all it takes to get a fairly decent lather out of this Product (considering it is a pH Balanced Cleanser). After just a few uses…I could tell that this Sea Splash Face Cleanser was a bit more intense than the Peach & Lily Product I had been using most recently. It didn’t leave my Skin dry/stripped in any way…it just didn’t feel like it was leaving as much natural Oil/hydration behind. However, the addition of the Essential Oils give this Product a wonderful citrus/herbal scent that I found to be incredibly refreshing and perfect for a morning pick me up lol! Aside from that…I truly didn’t see any additional results or benefits from this Product. No real burst of hydration, soothing, of calming effects were noticed. After several weeks…I have to be honest in saying that I was kind bored with this Product lol. I’ve just had so many great experiences with other Water Based Cleanser…and even though it is a boring step in general I still found this Sea Splash Face Cleanser to be lacking. So there you have it…I don’t think I’ll be coming back to this Product anytime soon. Sure…it is packaged wonderfully, smells pretty great, is really quite affordable, and has a very straight forward Ingredients List. But, it just wasn’t for me. I think those with more Oily Skin or are looking for something a bit stronger for the evening may appreciate the extra cleansing power this Product has compare to some of its pH Balanced counterparts. But, if you are looking for something that is as gentle as possible while still providing a decent cleanse…the Peach & Lily Power Calm Hydrating Gel Cleanser is still the one to beat. I absolutely adore that Product and if came in a glass bottle…I probably wouldn’t be continuing my hunt for my HG Water Based Cleanser lol! I’ll most likely keep using the Sailor by Capitan Blankenship Sea Splash Face Cleanser as a Body Wash until I run out…and then reuse the bottle for a Toner or Essence in the future. Full Ingredients List: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polyglyceryl-10 Caprylate / Caprate, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycerin, Maris Sal (Dead Sea Salt), Rosa Rugosa Fruit Extract, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Kelp) Extract, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Citric Acid, Polyglyceryl-6 Oleate, Sodium Surfactin, Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Potassium Sorbate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Juniperus Communis (Juniper) Berry Oil, Phytic Acid, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, * Guaiazulene, Lactic Acid
arlington, va
Purchased at: bluemercury
I purchased this at the spa, after I received my facial. This cleanser was gentle and the smell did not trigger my allergies. I love the ingredients, especially the sea moss. I would try this again.
Purchased at: Target
Super gentle face wash. Has very little foam which I like and your face doesn’t feel squeaky clean after you rinse. It also doesn’t leave any oil behind. Your face just feels smooth and clean. I also like the scent it smells natural citrusy but a light smell not overwhelming. I’ll update if anything changes in my skin.
Louisville
I absolutely love the way this water-based cleanser smells. Something about the scent of grapefruit really helps me wake up in the morning. It doesn't foam a lot - so if that's the texture you prefer, be aware. But it does a great job cleaning without dehydrating my skin.
New Bedford, MA
Purchased at: Target
This cleanser is just eh. At first I liked it. My face felt clean but not too dry. I really enjoyed the smell. But after a while, my face started to feel dry using this and my skin didn’t feel like it was clean. I’ve been breaking out a lot more while using this. The cleanser doesn’t have any claims, like it will help with pores, acne, things like that. So, I can’t say it meets any claims other than the scent. The packaging is defiantly nice. It feels very luxurious for buying it at target. I would say that it’s not worth the price for the size you get, and in my opinion it just doesn’t work well. I won’t be buying it again.
Eugene, OR
My mother in law got this cleanser for me or I probably wouldn’t have purchased it, it’s decent and the grapefruit smell is amazing but I personally think it doesn’t clean the greatest.

Looking for your answer?