RunKeeper App uploaded by Anastasia H.RunKeeper App uploaded by Meg H.RunKeeper App uploaded by L L.

BY RUNKEEPER #64 in Apps

• Does anyone know if there is a way to shuffle the playlist you ch...5 Answers
  • Does anyone elses app occasionally refuse to shut down? sometimes...6 Answers
  • Does anyone else have a problem with the RunKeeper app draining y...7 Answers
RunKeeper App
  • "It tells me how fast I'm going, gives *okay* GPS tracking to measure how far I've gone, and let's me set goals for running a marathon, etc." in 10 reviews
  • "My favorite part is that you can make your own workouts - What I do is have it tell me every time I've gone 0.25 miles, so when I'm struggling, I can think, "Ok, just .25 more miles!"" in 9 reviews
  • "Keeps track of all your runs and allows to compare them and it's just an awesome way to see if you've improved or if you're on your way to accomplishing what you want!" in 9 reviews
  • "I set it to let me know every 5 minutes, my average pace and the time and distance (you can change it to whatever you want) and I love it!" in 8 reviews
  • "This is my favorite running app, I have been using it for over a year and love being able to schedule training plans and track my progress." in 8 reviews
Blanca D.
N Hollywood, CA
Simple but gets the job done. I also like that if you schedule a goal/program it reminds you in the morning as motivation. Also if you haven't tracked in a while you'll get a notification which gets me up and going. Great for beginners
Stephanie W.
Tampa, FL
I'm relatively new to running, so having free app that will help me keep an eye on my distance and pacing is great. The interface is simple enough: give it a good spot to pick up the GPS signal, hit 'start', and take off. If you can't get a signal or want to run on a treadmill or use a stationary bike, you can manually enter the information.

The app will show your position on a map as you run, including a marker for where you started. Hit an arrow, and you'll see how long you've been running, the distance you've gone, your average pace for the run, and the pace you're running at now. The instant pace can be a little wonky at times. Last night it said, at one point, that I was running at a 25 minutes per mile pace. A couple seconds later, it changed to 12 minutes. That's really not uncommon in GPS watches, either, and knowing my current pace isn't hugely important to me right now.

The distance was fairly close - at least as close as most mid-range watches I've seen reviewed. Once my run was completed, the map shown online was extremely close to my route. I could even see where I went just a little out of the way to go around a puddle. I use the app on a Samsung Galaxy S3 which seems to be fairly spot on, GPS-wise. However, I should mention that I was running in an open area without heavy tree cover or tall buildings, and I ran in a fairly straight line.

I don't know exactly what's different on the pro version, but you can't track mile splits on the free one. Again, this isn't something that I'm terribly concerned with right now, but I know that a lot of runners will absolutely want that information available to them.

Once I start getting ready to run a half marathon, I'll move up to a GPS watch. There's just no way the free version of the app will give enough information for the 'serious business' type of running, and trying to hang on to a phone and deal with unlocking it anytime I need information is an annoyance. However, for everyday running and basic information, this is a great little app that I'll be using for a while.
Ashely M.
CONWAY, SC
I like that it partners with achievemnet so I can earn points while exercising. The gps doesn't always function so you habe to turn it on and off other than that it's great. tinyurl com/l48x2ry add the dot but achievemint pairs with run keeper so you earn as you burn (calories)
Holley P.
Green Springs, OH
I needed an easy to use app to keep track of running and cycling stats. The GPS works most of the time. It didn't register at the YMCA though. It can be a little touchy while running. I bumped it once and it kept repeating the same stats every few seconds. It would probably help to have a pouch or pocket to keep your device in while running.
It also lets you put in stats manually.
L L.
Brighton , CO
I love the runkeeper app. It helps push me to work harder as it allows me to plan routes. It is very easy to use. For me, the best feature is the training program that is available for a fee. I think it is a decent priced exercise app for what you get. I would recommend it to anyone! RunKeeper App.
Julie H.
I always track my walks and runs with runkeeper. It's super reliable and but it does use up data. Best feature is that it will give you stats every so far or amount of time. 100% recommend to others looking to track their movement
Lynette K.
Tucson, AZ
I have tried so many different apps and could never find one that I absolutely loved.  RunKeeper is so easy to use and there are so many features on the free version.  I honestly think the paid version is a little too pricey but that's because I think I can get by without all the extra stuff.
Khalilah A.
San Francisco, CA
I've had this app for over a year and it has worked for me very well. I use it on an iPhone 3GS. I've been able to keep track of my goals. And keep up with my friends who also use the Runkeeper App.

I really enjoy that I can keep track of my running, cycling, and swimming. I also like that you can use it on a stationary machine such as a treadmill, bike, and elliptical machine.

I used to have the NikePlus watch, and shoe device and I was unhappy because I lost a lot of my syncs. I switched to Runkeeper because for my friends it was more reliable. After a year I actually updated to Elite Status which was 19.99 for the year. You get discounts on any of the classes you decide to sign up for.

Also it can sync up to plenty of other apps as well. :)

Over all I've been very happy with Runkeeper!!

Edit: Apparently classes are free, I don't know if it's because I'm Elite or if they changed their policy. But FYI!!
Marc S.
Longwood , FL
This app has been rock solid for over 4 years now and followed me through training, 15 half marathons, and 3 marathons. As a data guy, I love being able to quantify my runs and see how I'm doing or get pacing info during a race. It's also fun to see the running tally of calories burned over time.
Shannon M.
Hamilton, MT
I found this app when searching for a heart rate monitor. I cannot attest to the running features of the app, but the heart rate monitor leaves something to be desired. Half the time it says it cannot find a heart rate, so I think I'll be using something else in the future. I rated it a B because it does work some of the time and I do like the fact that it has a guide to show you where your heart rate should be. They gave me a "gold" trial for 14 days, afterwards it goes back to basic which does not have nearly as many features. If you're an avid runner, it might be a good investment to pay for the extra features.
Ashley C.
Mobile, AL
What is your 1 complaint about the Run Keeper App?
Kathy M.
Williamsport, PA
Does anyone use RunKeeper with GymPact? If so, how do you like it?
Ashley C.
Mobile, AL
What is the main difference between RunKeeper and the Nike App?
Zeb P.
Columbus, OH
Does anyone else have a problem with the RunKeeper app draining your battery?
Allison V.
Apple Valley , CA
Does anyone elses app occasionally refuse to shut down? sometimes it still says its tracking my progress even when its not