Rugby by Ralph Lauren uploaded by ShannonRugby by Ralph Lauren uploaded by Shannon

BY RALPH LAUREN

Rugby by Ralph Lauren
  • "Overall, Rugby was a good product, great quality and high fashion but the prices overshadowed the demand which helped to cause their demise." in 5 reviews
Nuala S.
I love Rugby by Ralph Lauren. It is a timeless, classic brand that speaks to a wide range of people - and not necessarily just college aged kids. Its mixture of prep and classic styles and its always excellent quality makes for one of my all-time favorite lines. I am so sad to see that it has been shuttered as of February 2013. Hopefully its paren't brand, Ralph Lauren, will continue to have prep inspired items in its line, too. Can't recommend Rugby by Ralph Lauren enough. If you have some Rugby pieces in your wardrobe, hang on to them! If you don't, best start searching your favorite vintage stores. You'd do worse to add some of this line's iconic pieces to your wardrobe.
Courtney Z.
Washington, DC
It's sad to see the final days of Rugby. I always thought that the edgy, rebellious child of Ralph Lauren would thrive with the trendsetting trust fund teenager set in New York, but I'm sorry to see that it didn't catch on. The rough-around-the-edges patchwork style paired with classic pieces is a nice idea, and the clothes are always great quality, I just wish it weren't so expensive. Also, the sizing is hard to understand. I can easily wear a child size 14 or Large in Ralph's regular label, but in Rugby, I'm a size medium. I wish there was at least some continuity within the brands.
Jock G.
Okey, price is on the higher end of the tier but I think it is worth the price.Very pleased with the quality of this product that I purchased a second one in a different color. I love that it is heavy not like something you can buy via any brand. And it's fitted. Don't make the mistake I did and purchase the lightweight version by polo if you want something thick and worth this price. Look for the knitted hoodie!
Andrea J.
Cincinnati , Oh
When I walked into Rugby for the first time, it was fantastic. The sales consultant immediately scooped me up and asked if I had time for him to pull some items for me to try on. It was like playing dress up and I had a blast! I ended up purchasing 3 dresses that I totally would not have picked for myself, and they are still favorites a few years later!

Great quality product (Ralph Lauren always is!) but fun and young!
Ameerah W.
Arlington, VA
I LOVE the look of the RL Rugby line but the price is awful... $200 for a long sleeved striped shirt is just wrong... I will admit that the quality is superior the fabric is extremely heavy and very well done and they have beautiful leather accessories but people you are paying for the BRAND. If you wish to treat yourself go for it... I would much rather buy a couple pair of shoes.
Naomi J.
Bel Air, MD
I have several pieces from this collection and I love them all. The quality is fantastic. People often complain about prices with Ralph Lauren items, but I say you get what you pay for. Besides, I never pay retail anyway there are tons of ways to get these items without paying full price. The clothes last forever. I purchased items from this line and have had them for over a year. Washing and wearing, to date they still look fantastic and the colors are perfect. Love the huge variety of colors.
Lauren L.
Anaheim, CA
I miss this line so much!! I have several sweaters, dresses, and jackets that I bought from them, and I wish I could go back to get more. They were truly amazing quality and not terribly expensive, and I really wish the brand would make a comeback.
Naima jazmine r.
Always like this store always have an up to date styles and great quality on there winter jackets. I brought polo shirts heres also for my bf and until now his still using it. Really great quality and I like the genius look of there brand.
Caroline P.
Atlanta, GA
Style-wise, I think their brand does a great job of catering to the late-teens, early-20s set. However, unless you're getting a sizable allowance from your parents, it isn't exactly attainable for said group. That being said, I certainly loved browsing through their Newbury Street (Boston) store while I was an undergraduate!
Aly O.
I have always like the Ralph Lauren brand and I think the Rugby by Ralph Lauren is great as well. It is just a sportier version of the rest of their line.... Very classic look that is high quality material.
Annika B.
Do you like the preppy style of Rugby?
Pebbles D.
Anyone know why the stores and the site closed down? I wonder why this branch of RL was discontinued
maggie g.
San Angelo, TX
Who else loves Polo clothes but not the Rugby addition?
Shirley M.
Great product, but do you think it should be a little cheaper?
brittany j.
What material is the clothing made from?