BY RUFFINO

The Chianti Classico grape-growing region that is home to Aziano is a small and scenic part of Tuscany stretching from south of Florence to the north of Siena. Without a doubt, this region represents Tuscany's literal, historical and figurative heart. The history of winemaking is particularly ancient here. The earliest document linking Chianti to the area is dated 1398. 'Classico' means 'original' or 'first.'

The grapes for our Aziano wine come from the Chianti Classico region. Fermentation, aided by racking and punch-downs, takes place in thermo-controlled stainless steel vats. Once malolactic fermentation is complete to add to the wine's smooth, round character, we age Aziano for 11 months in stainless steel and concrete vats with an additional four months in the bottle before release.

Aziano Chianti Classico is versatile and food-friendly, pairing well with a variety of dishes including veal roasted with lemon and sage; grilled chicken marinated in olive oil and rosemary; penne with tomatoes, olives and basil; and a variety of medium-strength cheeses such as fresh mozzarella, pecorino, fontina and parmigiano reggiano.

Color: Ruby red.

Aroma: Vibrant and inviting. The Sangiovese-based wines of the Chianti Classico regions are characterized by notes of sweet violet, red berries, and wild cherries with slightly spicy undertones.

Tasting profile: Fruity and harmonious, this wine reveals velvety tannins and an elegant texture. A long finish with hints of plums and violet characterizes this wine.

Staci M.
Los Angeles, CA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This lovely Chianti has a wonderful flavor that i enjoy cooking with and drinking with a great meal. It has a light fruit flavor and deep tannins that won't overpower the palate. It's price point makes it a worthy try. Enjoy!
Jillian M.
Wadsworth, IL
I'm a big fan of Ruffino wines! Attended a dinner party hosted by them in Chicago this summer and was wonderfully surprised by not only the variety of products available; but also the consistency in quality. With other brands I often find myself enjoying only one or two of their products while I am disappointed in the others. Not with Ruffino!
Chelse L.
This is what I would recommend for an affordable good table wine I think that this brand has some very good tasting wines. This is not sweet which is normally my go to but still good
jennifer h.
Murray, KY
It is a very good chianti wine. I have had several times and I drank while in the Tuscan region of Italy on our anniversary trip in 2012. Recommended for a affordable table wine.
Katrice S.
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This is a pretty good wine for a good price. I tried it for the first time last summer while visiting my friends out west. We had it with steak and it paired nicely.
Isabel L.
Ogden, UT
This is a great wine. It's sooooo smooth. This brand's quality is always consistent. If we are ever invited to a dinner party, this is the brand/wine my husband and I usually bring over.
shyanne c.
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I was surprised this wine wasn't overly dry or bitter, it wasn't amazing or anything but the flavor was there so I wasn't disappointed
angela e.
Gary, IN
I really like tbe taste of Ruffino Aziano its great chilled its very affordable its got a very smooth taste not to dry not bitter
Julia N.
Tucson, AZ
Ruffino Aziano is a great dinner wine goes fantastic with fish, has a woodsy taste this wine is medium priced good for date night
Genevieve  F.
Compton, CA
I love the taste of this wine. I even enjoy putting a little wine in my food when I am cooking. I am satisfied with the wine.
JENNIFER C.
Wallington, NJ
Is this a good wine to pair with meat?