BY RUE21 #46 in Clothing Stores & Brands

• rue 21 or charlotte russe?5 Answers
  • Is this store similiar to Wet Seal?13 Answers
  • All of the clothes that I bought at Rue 21 haven't lasted me very...32 Answers
Rue21 Clothing
  • "I think this store is great for people who want cheap cute clothes alot of people say its bad quality but ..for what you pay...what else are you expecting ive gotten shoes from there before and they have held up..and some of their clothes are really nice you just have to know how to shop" in 169 reviews
  • "I've only shopped here online, we don't have one locally, but the clothes, shoes, and accessories here are really cute, and everything I've gotten has been good quality." in 84 reviews
  • "I love shopping at roe 21 they have cute shirts and T-shirts and no matter what always find something a lot there they're very affordable and their prices are great they also have super cute legging selection" in 77 reviews
  • "I would buy with caution tho because I don't know how all their clothing is but they might break or whatever just because sometimes they do feel cheaply made." in 74 reviews
  • "I used to buy my panties from here because they were so inexpensive but once I realized they only lasted about 2 weeks because after several washes they just string and fall apart." in 61 reviews
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
Fashionista Expert Level 1
Before my 3 star rating thoughts:

I have to say Rue21 is okay. I never bought any clothes from them but I have bought shoes and sadly I am disappointed. The good side of rue21 is you get ruebucks and you can purchase anything including clearance. They also have amazing sales as well like B1G1 free or B1G1 1/2 off, etc. I had bought shoes and yesterday I got it in the mail. When I open the box, the shoes had stains and the heel broke. I do hope I have no issues with return. The shoes are true to size which is great as well and they have very cute shoes. It’s not gonna stop me continuing to shop here but I hope this isn’t a pattern and hope they work on there warehouse department.

Update:
Customer service was amazing and they definitely helped me exchanged one of my shoes. I did buy some clothes and I must say hands down the quality is WAAYYYY BETTER than F21 and deals are super good. The material on the clothes fits the right size. (Check there size guide). It’s not super cheap material and you can tell the clothes will last. I am definitely going to continue to shop here especially when they have major markdowns. :)
Lily Y.
st. paul
I love rue21 it have my sizes and I love its style. I got this highlighter that I’ve been using for more than a year now and it haven’t ran out or product or anything. Ask you can see I’ve use the silver more than I’ve used the others and there’s still a lot more product on it. Its veerryyy pigmented therefore i don’t have to use too much although i do apply it it on above my cheekbone, under my eyebrows at the arch, my forehead, chin, upper lips, forehead, and my tearduct and under eyelashes! It’s a little dirty but what matter is the inside! lol. I love their clothes too it’s super cute and their jeans are the cheapest. And every time I go in there there’s always a clearance or a on sale section which I love because I hate spending tons of money on a single jeans or shirt.
april n.
Forest lake , MN
Unfortunately, living in a small town, I have to say that Rue21 is one of the closest trendy stores around, so I go there quite often. Their frequent sales and low prices make it hard to stay away! I will admit that their clothes are cute, stylish and affordable.. but with that being said, the quality is not the best with a lot of their items. I frequently buy their leggings, which, surprisingly enough, I found to be the only ones that aren’t completely sheer because I am #teamleggings so they always get a bunch of wear! Though on the other end of the spectrum, some of the shirts I have bought from there have lasted me maybe two washes - if that. They have a wonderful plus size line, which includes majority of their single size clothing but I believe that is more online than in store. Their store is aimed towards teenagers and early twenties and they know exactly how to market. Their sizes run on the smaller side most of the time, since they are considered “juniors.” Bottom line is, if you are looking for cheap, on trend clothes and you don’t like the quality too much.. rue21 won’t disappoint.
Danyelle
Valdosta, GA
Love their variety of the newest and hottest styles out. They don't have plus sizes but they do go up to a XL which thicker women can fit sometimes. Some items run small so it's always best to try on the products before you buy. Customer service is always helpful when available. It's a easily busy inside because of the constant awesome sales they have going on. Recommend to any trendy person that likes to use fashion to self express themselves. Clothing ranges from shoes, underwear, bras, dresses, bathing suits, jumpers, etc. Men and women can enjoy shopping here, phone cases & latest trendy accessories or electronics and body wear are also, available. With reasonable prices. Most of the time to get the best deal check for latest available sales. Worth every penny.
Bella F.
Winter springs
I love these clothes so much. They are inexpensive and great quality. There’s always sales going on and that’s the first section I always check. Things that used to be 20-30 are sometimes as low as 3-5 dollars. But usually the shirts I get are around $7. I’m always skeptical about buying jeans online because buying them in real life is hard enough as it is. I’m really short and thick. So when the jeans I ordered actually fit I was surprised. And they were really fashionable. So I highly recommend you go on rue21.com or the store and just see what they have. Because chances are you’ll probably like something.
Erin B.
Rue21 is probably a step below Forever 21 in terms of quality, but I still shop here often because they have really cute, fashionable pieces for cheap prices when they have promotions and sales. I’ve gotten adorable tshirts for $3 on sale there before, sweaters for $10, and some tops for $7. I’ve also gotten my favorite pair of jeans from there (not Rue21 brand) for $30. I personally will continue to shop here because of the fabulous deals and styles. Definitely always try things on though!
Brook H.
Carthage, MS
I love this place! They always had super stylish clothes that my 14yo just had to have and because the prices were so low, she could get them. Rue21’s prices are way lower that other stores that cater to the young people of today. The clothes are of great quality and they last. There were always a TON of accessories to go with any outfit: earrings, necklaces, chokers, purses, bags, belts, and perfume, which I was a fan of! Ladies Rue 21 Revert Eco Scented Perfume Spray Girl's Fragrance 1.7 oz....this is the one! It’s a super bright citrus scent that’s exquisite! But back to the store. Even though Rue21 caters to a young generation, there were still clothes in there that would suit everyone. Unfortunately, they decided to close many of it stores and the store that was closest to us has closed down...booo! It’s a shame. Looks like I’ll have to order online from now on. Regardless, if you have a rue21 near you, go check it out! Highly recommended.
Sierra S.
Manhattan
Rue21 is just okay. I used to buy clothes there quite often a couple of years ago, but lately have been disappointed with the quality. For the price you pay, the clothes are rather thin, pill rather easily, and just too expensive for the quality. The stores I have visited in multiple areas are also messes. There is always clothes all over, and the store is packed with so many racks that it's difficult to get around.
Shelby B.
Timmonsville, SC
This store is fabulous! Cheap clothes, but cute? Count me in! Its not like any other store where everything is the same. No one likes repeating trends in every store. Plus, the plus size clothing is so fashionable and affordable as well. Rue 21 stocks makeup, perfumes, men and women clothing, swimwear, lingerie, shoes, and accessories for phones and wear. I highly recommend this store. What's not to love?
Daneisha J.
Detroit, MI
This is the only clothing store i currently shop at their plus size selection is so cute everything fits me really good and i always get compliments on all the crazy leggings i have/wear, i love their dresses, leggings, blouses, accessories, and perfume. last time i shopped in store i got a free 10$ perfume & they always have really great sales lol did i mention how much i really love this place 😂
Noelia M.
Bronx, NY
Whats your favorite thing to buy from this store ?
Erica C.
Springfield, MA
Which do you like most Rue 21 or Forever 21.?
Selina L.
Lafayette, IN
Fashionista Expert Level 3
All of the clothes that I bought at Rue 21 haven't lasted me very long. Does anybody else think the clothes are low quality?
Brittany M.
Saint Charles, MO
Has anyone had experience buying shoes from Rue21? I ask because I saw a lot of cute sandals and even some heels last time I was in store, was not sure about the quality.
Rebecca P.
Alameda, CA
Which one is better? Forever21 or rue21?