BY RUE21 #55 in Clothing Stores & Brands

Rue21 Clothing
  • "I think this store is great for people who want cheap cute clothes alot of people say its bad quality but ..for what you pay...what else are you expecting ive gotten shoes from there before and they have held up..and some of their clothes are really nice you just have to know how to shop" in 169 reviews
  • "I've only shopped here online, we don't have one locally, but the clothes, shoes, and accessories here are really cute, and everything I've gotten has been good quality." in 84 reviews
  • "I love shopping at roe 21 they have cute shirts and T-shirts and no matter what always find something a lot there they're very affordable and their prices are great they also have super cute legging selection" in 77 reviews
  • "I would buy with caution tho because I don't know how all their clothing is but they might break or whatever just because sometimes they do feel cheaply made." in 74 reviews
  • "I used to buy my panties from here because they were so inexpensive but once I realized they only lasted about 2 weeks because after several washes they just string and fall apart." in 61 reviews
Lily Y.
st. paul
I love rue21 it have my sizes and I love its style. I got this highlighter that I’ve been using for more than a year now and it haven’t ran out or product or anything. Ask you can see I’ve use the silver more than I’ve used the others and there’s still a lot more product on it. Its veerryyy pigmented therefore i don’t have to use too much although i do apply it it on above my cheekbone, under my eyebrows at the arch, my forehead, chin, upper lips, forehead, and my tearduct and under eyelashes! It’s a little dirty but what matter is the inside! lol. I love their clothes too it’s super cute and their jeans are the cheapest. And every time I go in there there’s always a clearance or a on sale section which I love because I hate spending tons of money on a single jeans or shirt.
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
Fashionista Expert Level 1
Before my 3 star rating thoughts:

I have to say Rue21 is okay. I never bought any clothes from them but I have bought shoes and sadly I am disappointed. The good side of rue21 is you get ruebucks and you can purchase anything including clearance. They also have amazing sales as well like B1G1 free or B1G1 1/2 off, etc. I had bought shoes and yesterday I got it in the mail. When I open the box, the shoes had stains and the heel broke. I do hope I have no issues with return. The shoes are true to size which is great as well and they have very cute shoes. It’s not gonna stop me continuing to shop here but I hope this isn’t a pattern and hope they work on there warehouse department.

Update:
Customer service was amazing and they definitely helped me exchanged one of my shoes. I did buy some clothes and I must say hands down the quality is WAAYYYY BETTER than F21 and deals are super good. The material on the clothes fits the right size. (Check there size guide). It’s not super cheap material and you can tell the clothes will last. I am definitely going to continue to shop here especially when they have major markdowns. :)
Danyelle
Jacksonville, FL
Love their variety of the newest and hottest styles out. They don't have plus sizes but they do go up to a XL which thicker women can fit sometimes. Some items run small so it's always best to try on the products before you buy. Customer service is always helpful when available. It's a easily busy inside because of the constant awesome sales they have going on. Recommend to any trendy person that likes to use fashion to self express themselves. Clothing ranges from shoes, underwear, bras, dresses, bathing suits, jumpers, etc. Men and women can enjoy shopping here, phone cases & latest trendy accessories or electronics and body wear are also, available. With reasonable prices. Most of the time to get the best deal check for latest available sales. Worth every penny.
c j.
I was in Rue21 04/19/2018 with my son. Westroads Mall Omaha, NE. My son who is 13 wanted to find some shirts to wear. I ran across a shirt that I found to be very disrespectful to me, my son and I am sure other African Americans. I reached out to Rue21 Corporate office while in the store. They asked me to send pictures. I let them know how I felt as a black women about the shirt. What it said. it is slick racism. I got a response from corporate that read. They try to choose shirts that other people might find funny. Anyone black, white, purple or orange. Please tell me if you find this offense. and please do your research on the meaning. All corporate said was we will try to be more careful of selection. No what you need to do is stop with your slick racism and take it out your store.
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
Rue21 Clothing has been one of my absolute favorite places to shop since I was about 16. I’m 23 now and I still love Rue21!

I love Rue21 Clothing because they keep up with current styles and trends. Also, because they have the best prices around for today currents trends!

I love that they have such a WIDE variety to choose from. From swim wear to makeup, they are the place to shop!

They even have a men’s department! My boyfriend loves shopping at Rue21 Clothing because he can find great trendy styles for half the cost of other clothing stores.

I definitely will be shopping with Rue21 Clothing for many more years.
Andrea L.
Waterloo
I worked there for almost a year as a sales associate. I was fired for breaking policy Because I wasn't always wearing everything from rue21(I didn't make much money or get enough hours to buy them when my money went to bills) and eating on the sales floor(after the store closed and on breaks) and had my phone out( when nobody was in the store and only when it's an emergency and granted permission) the only good part about that job was a couple of my associates my managers deliberately tried to make me feel unwanted and like I didn't belong there if I had any say in the matter is tell you DON'T WORK THERE EVER!
Bella F.
Winter springs
I love these clothes so much. They are inexpensive and great quality. There’s always sales going on and that’s the first section I always check. Things that used to be 20-30 are sometimes as low as 3-5 dollars. But usually the shirts I get are around $7. I’m always skeptical about buying jeans online because buying them in real life is hard enough as it is. I’m really short and thick. So when the jeans I ordered actually fit I was surprised. And they were really fashionable. So I highly recommend you go on rue21.com or the store and just see what they have. Because chances are you’ll probably like something.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Unfortunately, living in a small town, I have to say that Rue21 is one of the closest trendy stores around, so I go there quite often. Their frequent sales and low prices make it hard to stay away! I will admit that their clothes are cute, stylish and affordable.. but with that being said, the quality is not the best with a lot of their items. I frequently buy their leggings, which, surprisingly enough, I found to be the only ones that aren’t completely sheer because I am #teamleggings so they always get a bunch of wear! Though on the other end of the spectrum, some of the shirts I have bought from there have lasted me maybe two washes - if that. They have a wonderful plus size line, which includes majority of their single size clothing but I believe that is more online than in store. Their store is aimed towards teenagers and early twenties and they know exactly how to market. Their sizes run on the smaller side most of the time, since they are considered “juniors.” Bottom line is, if you are looking for cheap, on trend clothes and you don’t like the quality too much.. rue21 won’t disappoint.
Brittany A.
Fayetteville
I have worked at several locations from NY and beach locations to NC. The style and items vary depending on where you are which I liked so if I'm out of town I will stop in. The prices are great and even better when you work there and can go through older inventory. I still have some cute jeans I found for $1. The style of the clothes lately did interest me and they had too much of certain fads instead of the usual variety. I do like that you can shop online now though.
cammie s.
Carvel Beach
Rue 21 has a variety of clothing, ranging from jeans, to jackets/bomber jackets, to cardigans and crops. It also has mens clothes, and a plus size section which is about the same size as the mens and womens. Although the clothes are amazing, I have gone back a few times and they don't change up the clothing too often. And when they do, the ranges in size are never the best. But overall it's an amazing place to shop.
Noelia M.
Bronx, NY
Whats your favorite thing to buy from this store ?
Erica C.
Springfield, MA
Which do you like most Rue 21 or Forever 21.?
Selina L.
Lafayette, IN
Fashionista Expert Level 3
All of the clothes that I bought at Rue 21 haven't lasted me very long. Does anybody else think the clothes are low quality?
Brittany M.
Saint Charles, MO
Has anyone had experience buying shoes from Rue21? I ask because I saw a lot of cute sandals and even some heels last time I was in store, was not sure about the quality.
Rebecca P.
Alameda, CA
Which one is better? Forever21 or rue21?